F--- My Alarm Clock! [missed exam]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blitzwing

F--- My Alarm Clock!

Post by Blitzwing »

Board: Wow, Blitz, haven't seen you in a while.

Blitz: Oh, well I've been taking Provincial exams, they take up a lot of time.

Board: I see. Well, why aren't you taking one now?

Blitz: Because my #&$*(@#*&$(#*&#($*#&@*$ Alarm Clock didn't go off and now I'm missing my Chemistry Exam!!!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :mad:

I woke up this morning and looked at my clock and saw that it was 10:15. I was supposed to get up at 8:00 this morning so I can get to school to take my Chemistry exam which starts at 9:00 and ends at 11:30. So right now everyone in my school that has Chemistry is doing their exam, while I'm sitting at home wondering how this could be happening to me. I still will have enough credits to graduate, but it means that all the hours of work I've done this year in chemistry are going to be for nothing. I can retake the exam in August, but if I do that, my transcript won't be ready for the fall, so I won't be able to go to school. My parents are going to be so chocked. They're going to say that this is all my fault because I stayed up to watch the England/Brazil game.

I can't believe this is happening to me. :(

I'm going to get so ****ing drunk tonight.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Damn you and your daily doubles, ya brigand!
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
I'm going to get so ****ing drunk tonight.
Me too. This day has sucked muchly.

I'm really sorry to hear that Blitz, I've had a similar thing happen to me where I set my alarm for PM instead of AM, luckily I woke up about 30 minutes into the exam, busted my ass off to get to school and still did okay. Still always wonder if I could've done better though, suppose I'll never know. D'oh.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

just wondering, but wh are you on this board typing rather than going to take the test!!! besides its almost July, why are you in schooL?
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by LordSixshot

Me too. This day has sucked muchly.
If you wanna talk aboot it, I'll listen :)

Oh, and F--- an Alarm Clock - is that physically possible?! ;)
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Ya Blitz, that sucks bad, I've had that happen to me before, luckily it wasn't for an exam, only for tests. I dont even have an alarm clock, so I just have to wake up and hope that its not to late, another thing which makes it harder is that I'm always up late, like around 3:30 am every night, and I got school the next day! Ah well, schools over now so its all good. Now I can stay up even more later and wake up at 2:30 pm like I did today.:D
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
F--- an Alarm Clock - is that physically possible?!
Ask Clay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by LordSixshot
woke up about 30 minutes into the exam, busted my ass off to get to school and still did okay.
Impressive. :)

Always more fun rushing against deadlines...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost

Ask Clay.
LOL! :D
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Claypool
just wondering, but wh are you on this board typing rather than going to take the test!!!
If you are 30 minutes late, they don't let you take the test at all.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Don't you even get a chance at a resit?
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Pretty odd you are talking to a board.

Ahem yes corny I know.

One reason I'm glad I go to an Alternative school, no exams meaning no worry about waking up early.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Don't you even get a chance at a resit?
No, he wont, provincial exams have to be written the day they are scheduled on at a specific time, there are no exceptions, well, maybe a few, but under extreme circumstances.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

I had three bloody English Literature exams today, one after the other with no break in between. :mad:

Me and my friend had been told that the exam was at 9:30. We didn't know which room the exam was in so we arrived at 9:05 and waited in the common room thinking someone would come and get us. At 9:30 we wondered what was going on so we decided to try to find someone. At 9:40 we found the room the exam was in and to top it all off it had started at 9:15! Also, the things our teacher told us to revise were of absolutely no relevance! :mad: I think I've failed. :(
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
I had three bloody English Literature exams today, one after the other with no break in between. :mad:

Me and my friend had been told that the exam was at 9:30. We didn't know which room the exam was in so we arrived at 9:05 and waited in the common room thinking someone would come and get us. At 9:30 we wondered what was going on so we decided to try to find someone. At 9:40 we found the room the exam was in and to top it all off it had started at 9:15! Also, the things our teacher told us to revise were of absolutely no relevance! :mad: I think I've failed. :(
I hate when that happens, especially with my bathroom, they tell you one thing, or your not told at all, and you end up having to find it out yourself, stupid administration.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost

Ask Clay.

????????????:confused:??????????
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Why do I get the distinct feeling that Clay's not gonna stop posting until he reaches his old post count?

btw, once again your sig's too large, cut it back a bit matey, cheers
Sheba
Protoform

oh that. that's NOTHING...(compared to....)

Post by Sheba »

One time I missed an exam. It was my Psychology exam. I had to be in Nanaimo at like 9:30 am or something. So I woke up at 6:45 like I should have and went to put my contact lenses on. To my shock, my pupils were the size of quarters!!!! :eek:

how did this happen, you ask? Well back then I was still taking antidepressants. I had 2 kinds in the cupboard--Tofranil (imipramine) and Zoloft. Now, I had stopped taking the Zoloft and was back on Tofranil because Zoloft's side effects weren't as good as Tofranil. But I missed my dose the day before (which was lucky, really) and didn't want to be drowsy, so I took the Zoloft the night before the exam.

There's two problems with that though. For starters, I was accustomed to taking 2 Tofranil tablets. That's only 25 mg a tablet for a total of 50 mg. However the Zoloft is 50 mg a tablet. I had taken TWO Zoloft for a total of 100 mg which I was NOT in a habit of taking. And secondly, Tofranil and Zoloft interact badly with each other. When I noticed my hyper-dialated pupils, I immediately woke up mom and dad. Mom asked me to get the bottle from the kitchen so I did. However, halfway to the kitchen my eyesight went funny on me and I walked right into a bookshelf that is right up against the side of the clothes dryer. I fell down and heard myself hit, although I did not FEEL it. By then my body was feeling clammy and pins-and-needles-y.
one of my brothers ran out from his room into the utility room (a few mere steps) and looked down at me and said "DID YOU FALL???!!!" (duhhhh) I looked up at him and couldn't see shapes just light and colors and $#!t. Gradually my vision refocused. Anyway, long story short my dad had to take me to the emergency room and they kept me for a few hours for observation. Later that day, back of my head started hurting abominably and I was like "Why is my head hurting? Ohhhhh yeah I fell on it this morning..." :p

Needless to say I had to write the exam at an alternate time.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
Why do I get the distinct feeling that Clay's not gonna stop posting until he reaches his old post count?

btw, once again your sig's too large, cut it back a bit matey, cheers
is that good sky?
Jonin
Protoform

Post by Jonin »

Alarm clocks generally don't work for me. My subconcious mind doesn't like me to be woken up, so it makes me get up in the middle of the night (without realizing it fully until later the next day) and shut off the alarm so that it doesn't wake my precious slumber. Freaky but true. :)
--------
=Jonin=
--------
Jonin's DeviantArt Page
--------