X-Treme X-Men

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blitzwing

X-Treme X-Men

Post by Blitzwing »

What is everyone else's opinion about this title?

I started collecting at #25, which was the beginning of the 'God Loves, Man Kills II' story arc, and after only 3 issues I'm considering dropping it. I find the dialogue to be a awkward, and the story uninteresting. Not to mention that the coloring and art look weird for a comic book. The action scenes are sloppy at best.

Is it always this bad, or is it just a bad arc? I'll probably stick with it until the end of this arc just to see if anything redeemable happens, but if the next arc keeps up this low standard, I don't think I'll be picking it up anymore.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's always bad. It's written by Chris Claremont...
pubes
Protoform

Post by pubes »

Really?? I thought Claremont was the definitive X-Men writer
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by pubes
Really?? I thought Claremont was the definitive X-Men writer

Heheheh, Highlight the was in that statement and you'll be closer to the truth. I think he's just completely lost his touch these days, and for a guy who liked multiple subplots and stories that went on for years, he's certainly not being helped by the new "4-issue story arcs only" Marvel...
pubes
Protoform

Post by pubes »

im glad i stopped collecting when claremont and silvestri left the first time. The characters all went on to look like anorexic supermodels with boob jobs the size of.....well just really disproportionate thats all, it was funny to see them being called outsiders that didn't fit in anymore yet resembling cheerleaders
RBison
Protoform

Post by RBison »

I suggest you drop the title. I dropped it at issue 25 :)

I could just cry for what Claremont has done to some of my favorite Characters. (Gambit, Rouge, Bishop)
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Yeah, I hear that Gambit and Rogue are coming back for the story arc after GLMK II, so I might check it out to see how they are doing. I doubt I'll stick with it for much longer after that if nothing of interest happens.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

pubes, sort the sig. It's about twice the dimensions of the max allowed, and about 3 times the size.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Well, I picked up #28 today, and it was a big improvement over the last few issues. There weren't any confusing panels, the story is finally taking shape, and the dialogue was smooth.

If Cleremont and the rest of the X-treme team can keep the book at this level then I might just stick with it. Hopefully he can move a story along quicker though. So far the story in the first four issues of this arc seems like it could have been told in two.