Unadulterated LOVE part 1: HASBRO

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Unadulterated LOVE part 1: HASBRO

Post by Nevermore »

Blatantly stolen from an idea Hooks started over at the Allspark a few months ago.

This thread is about all the things you LOVE about Hasbro. No flaming. No badmouthing. Just post everything you like about Hasbro in here, be it awesome homages in the most unexpected places, domestic releases of previously Japan-only molds or the return of well-written bios on the packaging of Cybertron toys.

For the Hasbro haters, there is a separate thread here, so make sure you only post the positive stuff in this one.

Next up: Takara. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

The fact they present a more affordable option for buying alternators
Hound

Post by Hound »

I love that Hasbro produces TF toys at all.

How many people despise Hasbro because the TF they just have got to have isn't available in their part of the world?

The fact that they are producing toys like that is pretty cool.

I love that they make TFs that aren't complete crap.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Beast Wars.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

The fact that they clearly listen to fans and even take suggestions from time to time. We'd probably never have seen teh likes of Armada Skywarp or Energon Magnus, or even Alt Sunstreaker if not for that.

TFU. I really liked that line, and I wish it had sold well enough to continue, as some of the redecoes were really good.

The Valor vs Venom figures for GI Joe. A lot of the new sculpts look a lot better than their original versions, even the ones that don't look like the characters from the cartoons.

Star Wars.

EDIT: I also like the fact that they're willing to work with Walmart on a solution to distribution problems at least with Alternators.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

- I love well-written tech specs on the Cybertron packaging. Way to go!

- I love the newly redesigned website. If only the updates were more frequent.

- I love that they offer Cybertron episodes for viewing on their website.

- I love Cybertron Ransack.

- love that they actually finish their lines, instead of just skipping on the last few show characters.

- I love that they actually try and tie up loose ends and fulfil fan requests (Armada Skywarp? Alternators Sunstreaker?).

- I love that they REALLY care for the fandom and try to keep in touch with the fans, even though you sometimes get the impression the fans (or at least some of them) don't actually deserve it with all the crap they hurl at Hasbro.

- I love that they pick ambitious fans with talent and allow them to pursue their ideas professionally (Don Figueroa anyone?).
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

That they're willing to try out new lines, merage the TFs with other properties and expand the Transfomers brand.

That they have Transfomer toys for all ages, the Go-Bots for preschoolers, the Cybertron for the 7-12 age, and the Alternantors for 16+ age group.

They tried the reissued G1 TF, it was a noble effort at least.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

People at Hasbro try to offer toys for different audiences. I'm really glad to have new animal changer molds in Cybertron. That rhino looks terrible though. :o

I like that even after the Dreamwave incident, they decided to sell the license to another comic book publisher.

They tolerate a fandom like this.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That last one summed it up. I love the way a very vocal minority hasn't just made them say "**** you all".

I love that for things like Universe and RiD they seem to be able to generally pick rather good moulds - the Lasercycles, the Destructicons, the Cyberjets, the Spychangers etc.

I love that they keep trying to please fans. As well as the ones mentioned, there's all sorts of little ones - any reason the Prowl/Ironhide Universe Spychangers ended up looking like Red Alert/Trailbreaker? They could have done those in any colour schemes they wanted really, but they choose to reference two fairly minor, all told, G1 characters. They sneak a couple of schemes that'll appeal to fans into a pair of two-packs from a budget, secondary line. Okay, it doesn't always work, but they keep damn trying. And overall, they're striking a good balance if you ask me... I'm sure if you told most fans in 1998, they'd laugh if you told them over the next few years Hasbro would put out a dozen or so G1 reissues, even importing some Japanese exclusives, have an adult-orientated line like Alternators, be recolouring old classic moulds for a line like Universe, etc, we'd laugh at them.

Most of them have been mentioned, but I'll say anyway.

They put a lot of effort into the reissues - when only TRU were interested, they could have left it then and there, but they kept putting out the figures.

That they keep giving the comic thing a try. They don't really need a licensed comic, especially after the DW thing, but we have one anway.

Sure, a lot of this is because Hasbro are a company who want to make money. But there are other ways of making money than producing Transformers, and every Transformers line is a gamble to some extent... I mean, what if after the second year of Beast Machines they'd thought not to bother with importing Car Robots? We might not have had any of that stuff. They could have done the same in 1995, and just let the line die instead of going for Beast Wars. On a basic, overall level, they seem to be able to make a decision that's good for the line.
Clay

Post by Clay »

As has been said, that they even still make Transformers at all...

Sure, there's a lot of nit-picky bullsh!t that we, as a whole, seem to like to go off on, but the fact that the brand is even still around is quite remarkable, and should really be taken into consideration more.
Dennis
Protoform

go hasbro

Post by Dennis »

just the fact that they continued the original transformers line att all though it is a twenty year old line.

transformers 4 ever
the general wants you