Odd Question

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
HotShot81
Protoform

Odd Question

Post by HotShot81 »

You are looking online to buy some new Transformers. You see G1s you are jumping for joy at the price.

Does it matter if they have the stickers or not?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

It mainly depends on whether or not Reprolabels has a set available for the figure/s in question. If not (or don't feel like going that route), I'd say it only matters if the figure ends up looking horrible/overly bland without them
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Can't say I've been bothered overmuch by stickers. I bought a bunch of G1 Stunticons which were all in good condition but just had horrific sticker wear. I sat for ages patiently getting the stickers off with a ball of blu-tac and I kind of like them looking 'clean'. I'm sure there's probably some G1 toys that look awful without stickers, but I'm struggling to think of any...

oh! First Aid. He looks rubbish without his window stickers and Emergency labels.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Replacing stickers on reissues with painted stuff is hands-down the best thing Takara's ever done. The early figures especially lose something without them but the things look awful once they wear, if they're applied poorly, etc.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I have nothing but shame in my ability to put stickers on straight. Even something as seemingly simple as the G2 logo on MP Sideswipe is a little wonky.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
AndrewDTurnbull

Post by AndrewDTurnbull »

You could say it was battle damage!