Happy "lights off for the evening" eve!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Happy "lights off for the evening" eve!

Post by Sades »

[Edit, because OMG I DID A CLICKBAIT WHAAAAT] Like it, love it, "meh" it, or hate it?

Having the small one has refreshed it for me, I think. We carved Jack o Lanterns yesterday, and I usually do some crazy stuff (I take forever to carve the things, make my own stencils and all that neato crap) but all I did was some faces because that's what she wanted me to carve, and now it's like they are the greatest things ever. She likes to turn the tops upside down and play drums on them. And tomorrow we get to show her what we do on Halloween and look at some spoopy decorations, it's great.

http://www.google.com/doodles/halloween ... 2015?hl=en

Do this! Over and over! Go green! My team is losing, dammit!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

We just can't get Aria to stay up past 5pm at the moment so she basically misses out on anything that happens in the evening. So we've pulled the bins over the front path, though apparently it would be provocative to paint "**** OFF" on the side of them. Am now trying to split my attention between watching American Sniper and the monitor whenever a firework goes off.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Is it Bonfire Night or just randoms? Thought that was after Halloween?

I'm looking forward to handing out teh candeh. Just hope no one takes a look at my parents' broken window and decides to break another.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's good solid fun, though I I'm going to spend a good chunk of the day watching SPECTRE so my Halloween spirit will largely depend on whether or not the bloody gun barrel is back at the start where it belongs (Bond: Stop Doing It Wrong).

I was supposed to be watching Big Trouble In Little China (as the latest movie in my JohnCarpenterathon) but fell asleep almost the second I pressed play. So that will probably be my big Halloween day film.

Oh, oh, oh! I have a joke:

What is Captain Kirk's favourite John Carpenter film?

Big Tribble In Little China.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

How many Klingons does it take to change a light bulb?
SPOILER! (select to read)
None. Klingons are not afraid of the dark.
LOOK WE ALL ALMOST BIT IT. Not really, but it's a little chilling to think about how close this big ****er is. I think the news this morning was saying that it was discovered by chance on the 10th of October.

Edit: Look at this giant cock I found online!

That is one hell of a costume. But it kind of bothers me that he went to all of that effort and didn't bother to include a little beak to complete it...
Hound

Post by Hound »

There is a beak you idiot!
Sades

Post by Sades »

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I looooooooove halloween! And all the silly holidays. I like dressing up and I like excuses for adults to act like children. Never went trick or treating in my life, though :(

I like bears.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Sades wrote:That is one hell of a costume. But it kind of bothers me that he went to all of that effort and didn't bother to include a little beak to complete it...
A little tough to tell from the angle, but depending how big his nose is, he may not have needed to add a beak...
Sades

Post by Sades »

I love looking at the costumes on imgur created by people far more creative than I am. My favourite so far is Lil Jon Snow.

Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Sades wrote:Is it Bonfire Night or just randoms? Thought that was after Halloween?
A lot of places have their community firework displays either the weekend before Bonfire Night or the weekend after, which is fair.

The problem comes from people who use the increased availability and the fact "it's Halloween" / "nearly Halloween" / "somebody's birthday" / "oh look I bought some fireworks" as an excuse to detonate explosives in their garden just because pretty go boom.

And that shit kicks in from about the last week of October, going on through to whenever they run out / you go round and burn their house down.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Sades wrote:I love looking at the costumes on imgur created by people far more creative than I am. My favourite so far is Lil Jon Snow.

"Lil"??? He's huuuuge. Look at the size of that dog!!! :eek:
Wreck and Rule!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Lil John Snow... that's hilarious! And nobody that I know would get both sides of that, so I can't even share it IRL.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Mrs. Nesbitt:

Heh:

Patrick Stewart dressed as a lobster is adorable.

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I was in a pub with karaoke on in the other bar. You've never lived until you've heard Teenage Dirtbag sung by someone with no concept of sound.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I used to enjoy a karaoke back in the day. Glad to hear someone, somewhere is keeping up my signature atonal wail.
Wreck and Rule!