[BW,BM] BM/BW followed which storyline better?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
HotRodAJH
Protoform

BM/BW followed which storyline better?

Post by HotRodAJH »

Allright guys...you all hinted to it but never faced the question. Which story line did BW/BM fit into better; comic or cartton? The hints to primus say comic but the use of PEC and Vector Sigma say otherwise. Which do ya think?
"One shall stand, one shall fall."
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

It was a case of pick 'n' mix. Whatever worked got thrown in really...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, a little of column A a little of column B with the mythos. I think they did a damn fine job of it in BW...BM on the other hand...:(
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Yeah, a little of column A a little of column B with the mythos. I think they did a damn fine job of it in BW...BM on the other hand...:(

BM seemed closer to the cartoon. With the exception of Cybertron having gained a moon. (Which I mistook for Quintessa first time I saw it.)
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Beast Wars was a mix of both comic and cartoon canon.

Beast Machines ignored both until partway through when they realized that wasn't so smart. In which case, it began following more closely with the cartoon canon.
Sonicron
Protoform

Post by Sonicron »

I haven't read too many of the comics, but if I compare that to BW and BM I'd say these shows followed the comic way better.

I liked both very much. BW was an alround cool war with some serious underplots goin on. BM was somewhat of mystical and more about emotions, it was great too. :cool:
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am, honesst, ossifer !!"
Edo
Protoform
Location: Somewhere in the pinelands of NJ forming his own subgroup of Autobots that run entirely on vodka.

Post by Edo »

I think BW follows the G1 cartoon timeline much more than the comic. For one thing, Starscream's ghost (spark) came back and took over Waspinator the same way he did to Cyclonus, Scourge, Astrotrain, and Trypticon in G1 season 3. Plus, Dinobot spoke of Cybertron's history in which Starscream died at the hands of Galvatron, not in a battle with Unicron. That was in the cartoon (well, the movie, but you know what I mean). Later in BM, which is really a continuation of BW, the old hate plague (from TRoOP) is mentioned and appears again.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Edo
... Plus, Dinobot spoke of Cybertron's history in which Starscream died at the hands of Galvatron, not in a battle with Unicron. That was in the cartoon (well, the movie, but you know what I mean...

In the UK comics there was at least an alternate future in which Starscream died indeed at the hands of Galvatron.
I think it was Target:2006(or so), Galvatron(in present time) hints(or even mentions) that he´ll kill Starscream(in future).
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

In Beast Wars, the only time Primus was mentioned was in 'Nemisis', and that was because Simon Furman wrote that episode. Everything else leading up to that point indicates that it was meant to be set in the Cartoon continuity.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
In Beast Wars, the only time Primus was mentioned was in 'Nemisis'

Not true. Primus was mentioned in "The Agenda," Pt.3.
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Not true. Primus was mentioned in "The Agenda," Pt.3.
"By Primus, NO!" if memory serves.
WARP, I have new found motivation for ep reviews, they will start coming in on an average of two a day for a while. Turns out they count toward community service, which I need several, several hours of for school. So it IS coming! TOMARROW! MUHAHAHA