g3 petition

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
sprunkner
Protoform

g3 petition

Post by sprunkner »

Hey, I started a petition for a DW sequel, maybe incorporating fan fiction or whatever, to the Marvel comics continuity. I'm sure we would all like to see the Liege Maximo again, maybe see Alignment in comic book form, or even see a revised, expanded sequel. In any case, this petition will let the folks at DW know that we old-school Marvel Tf fans are still a force to be reckoned with, and that we are holding them to a higher standard.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/TFG3/petition.html
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

it wont happen, and a petition wouldnt change that

for a start dw dont want to, they want to craft something thats their own and also surely theres some legal thing about using the marvel continuity
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I wouldn't want the hacks at DW let anywhere near the G2 storyline. The CG2/TMUK guys have done more wonderful stuff than they'd ever manage...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I wouldn't want the hacks at DW let anywhere near the G2 storyline.

My sentiments exactly.

I certainly wouldn't want Furman to write it; Alignment showed that the guy had no clue how to bring the G2 story to a decent conclusion.
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I wouldn't want the hacks at DW let anywhere near the G2 storyline.

I 3rd that motion! thats the last thing we need for DW to f*** that great story up and give everyone in that TF universe huge arms and give them stupid plots.......... can anyone tell i liked Marvel alot better? here's what the petition should be have hasbro come to their senses take the lisence away from DW and give it back to Marvel and have them do G3
----------------------------------------------------
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
sprunkner
Protoform

Post by sprunkner »

Well, guys, I worded the petition to say that kind of stuff.. "the original Marvels set a standard that Dw is not up to yet"... I feel the same way you do. This was supposed to be a way to let DW see how we feel. To tell them that they're not up to the Marvel standard. read the petition and see if you want to sign it if only for that purpose.
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

i read it, sounds decent........just knowing someway DW will screw it up. i would prefer a petition to Hasbro to give the license back to Marvel and have them do G3. but i give ya probs dude, good luck, and for the hell of it i'll sign it anyways.

it wont let me sign........o well, good luck n e wayz, but if u can sign it for me with the name Red Evil
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

G2 was a bad enough name... G3, well, it's the name of a protocol for mobile phone networks, isn't it? Hopefully if Marvel ever do get the license back, they'll find something a little more inspiring.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ultimate Transformers. With Warren Ellis writing, and Bryan Hitch on pencils.

Seriously, if Marvel ever did get the license back [I highly doubt they'd want it - Marvel and DC have largely stayed above the nostalgia fad, and it's not just because they were too slow - it's because they don't need it], they'd go Ultimate, rather than use a decade-plus old story nobody read...
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

Cliffjumper, we can only pray to Primus himself that Marvel gets it back and does that. But why Warren Elis writing? wouldnt you like Simon Furman to go back and write for it?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: , sorry...... couldn't resist. i totally agree with the writing and penciler choice.

Denyer, true G2 was a bad name i would go with Cliffy's name "Ultimate" sounds alot better. and when u think G3 you think of a G3 Macintosh or a Gamecube........... so that name would totally suck.
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
spiderfrommars
Protoform

Post by spiderfrommars »

I think sprunkner's got a fair point - its the principle really. Sign it anyway chaps (Red Evil, mind trying again?)

By the way, Sprunkner's one of ours. :)
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

im really getting confused now because ive never found the marvel comic to be that good... yeah the uk comic was good in the beginning (im going on the trades released by titan) but furman spent way too much time on the whole future storyline it just got boring towards the end, and the us comic was only decent towards the end. G2 was good writing tho...

what im basically saying is that im not overjoyed with dw's output either really, and i dont want it to go back to marvel, but not because i dont want dw to ruin what marvel did, but because i personally feel that what marvel did wasnt that great in the first place.

anyway, from what ive read on loads of board and what ive seen and heard marvel arent producing that many good comics at the moment anyway... although i could be wrong. and if marvel do happen to get it back it will be a low class bottom tier title... thats all.
sprunkner
Protoform

Post by sprunkner »

I think Marvel's doing awesome. Pick up the Spectacular Spider-Man "The Hunger" TPB, the Amazing "Coming Home" TPB, or any of the New X-Men or Ultimate stuff... it's really, really good. The problem I see with DW, and part of the reason for the petition, is that there has been a lot of flash without substance-- you know, "We know you guys are just chomping at the bit to see your favorite TFs in action!" The Marvel stories--especially G2 and the end of the original TF run-- focused on individual characters and how their decisions affected the war. I'm reading the UK stuff for the first time, and while I'll agree that it definitely has its flaws, with some subpar art and plotholes, it is still easy to follow, exciting and personal to each character.

And thanks for sticking up for me, Spidey. I'll share my milk with you at lunch.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

*digs up another 11 day old post *

would it not be nice to end the G2 run done by a company thats not al flash and substance or run by somebody who cant draw perspective if his life depended on it whose transformers dont look like inflataformers in other words a company that is not dream wave ?

it would would it not ? i doubt anything wil ever come off it and even dreamwave making a sequal to G2 would be welcome but it wil most likley be too short
al flash
no substance
and be ultimatley lacking and unsatisfying
with a revolting conclusion

but thats nothing new with dreamwave now is it ?

sig number 24
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

I don't want a 'Generation 3', I don't want ideas taken from fanfics, and I sure as hell don't want Pat Lee's pencils coming within twenty feet of a TF script ever again.

...So, sure, I'll sign.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

maybe if we petition to break his fingers his art might improve

i dont dislike lee's art that much but i am not that fond off the puff formers either there are a lot better artists at dreamwave
guido guidi for instace

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Guidi's stuff looks like one of those sticker-books where you get a background sheet, and all these little cut-out figures you pile on.

I seriously doubt we'll ever see more than the odd cover [and maybe, if something like the Summer Special sticks, the occasional short strip] from Lee on Transformers. Now it's not topping sales charts ands giving him Wizard nominations, I doubt he cares.
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Originally posted by bluekatt
i dont dislike lee's art that much but i am not that fond off the puff formers either

The Puff-formers ARE Pat Lee's work, y'know.

As far as DW goes, I reckon they should keep Figueroa on the job. He's done good so far.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

at least guidi's work i snot ridiculously out of proportion or puffy like lee's
and as long as he stays away from drawing duties the insides of the comics might improve in looks at least
story wise ...wel the jury is stil out on that but the hang man is preparing the noose already

and teh reason sales are dropping is maybe because the nostalgia fad is dropping off and under the purty looks the story is not al that special to start with

bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Shockmeister
The Puff-formers ARE Pat Lee's work, y'know.

As far as DW goes, I reckon they should keep Figueroa on the job. He's done good so far.

thanks for the education but i was wel aware of that
thats why i said i was not to fond off them

lee's art is tolerable but only just