• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2017-04-06, 11:29 AM   #641
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

*dusts off thread*

While not on the scale of MP Rodimus, it sounds like MP Megatron is a "known issues" style QC deal.

Have had the following mailshot from Kapow re the item [edited for stuff]

Quote:
Below are some pointers to help you enjoy your item and use it correctly, please take the time to read through them as the information contained within is important.

1) Repeated transformation may result in some minor paint flaking or scratching, please be aware of this before deciding to transform the product back and forth, any paint flaking caused by repeated transformation is not covered under the returns policy.

2) The figure itself is one of the most involved designs so far and is not classed as a toy, repeated transformation of the figure is done at your own risk so please be aware that the gun barrel itself is incredibly delicate and will damage if mishandled or undue force or pressure is placed upon it. The hip area is also fragile so please take care when transforming and do not use any heavy pressure or force the movement. Any damage caused in this way is not covered by our returns policy.

3) The kit included to form the gun barrel silencer, stock and scope are a very tight fit, we recommend that repeated connection of these parts is not undertaken if you wish to avoid scratching to the paint or possible damage to the scope mount or gun barrel itself. Use of the silencer kit resulting in damage is not covered under our returns policy.
Email then very kindly gives buyers the option to cancel their order or return it unopened if the above causes them a problem.

I'd imagine it's a far sturdier piece than Apollyon, though its nice that the proper replacement will still have the "if you transform him, he'll die!" element in place.

I suppose "engineering it so nobody will want to transform it to gun mode" is one way to deal with toy gun safety laws.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 08:13 PM   #642
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

That's an easy pass then.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 02:30 AM   #643
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Oh joy.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 10:41 PM   #644
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Red face

Was about to post the same until I saw that Brend had already done so.

So... I guess this means that I should wait for Masterpiece Megatron 2.0, revision one, type C?

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 07:24 PM   #645
Clay

Murray, KY

Masterpiece Movie Prime.

Horribly mistransformed in those pictures, but it looks like it could be a contender for "2017 figure Clay falls in love with the most."

Old 2017-04-27, 07:35 PM   #646
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Have you got the Wei Jiang Evasion Prime?

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 09:19 PM   #647
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Have you got the Wei Jiang Evasion Prime?
No, just the Takara brown one.

Here are some more pictures, now with correct placement of the rear fenders.

IT SO PRETTY.

EDIT: MOAR

Old 2017-05-02, 08:52 PM   #648
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

That is pretty mega. Impressive looking stuff. I like that lots of this is silvery looking. Hope hat doesn't mean lots of easily scratched paint. Can't quite believe we've had ten years of live action movies...

Old 2017-05-22, 04:27 PM   #649
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/05/22/o...evealed-339328

Official MP Sunstreaker!

Old 2017-05-22, 04:30 PM   #650
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Yay!

And with Chip Chase as well, for maximum BadCube trolling.

Like two days before I was going to flog Sunsurge, too. Excellent work, Takara.

Old 2017-05-22, 05:20 PM   #651
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

That would be awesome if it wasn't for the featureless, cartoon-accurate head. Beyond that, it looks like it's very nicely put together.

It's nice that it's got a "clean" Countach mode, for those who'd like to display a realistic alt-mode.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 09:35 AM   #652
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Clip-on 3rd Party GIGANTIC ENGINES coming to an overcharging webshop near you.

Tasty, though the comments on the link to Big Board remind me why I hate so much of fandom.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 12:29 PM   #653
Clay

Murray, KY

I think I like sunsurge more, actually. He's pointier.

Old 2017-05-23, 12:38 PM   #654
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
If you like Sunsurges, this is yoir lucky day. Ebay has just had to rename itself Surgebay.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 01:26 PM   #655
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

He's not kidding either. Genuinely annoyed by this. ****ing cheap official product killing the aftermarket value for over-engineered premium cash-ins.

Quote:
Buy mine then. Only two hundred of the Earth dollars.

Old 2017-05-23, 07:34 PM   #656
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Translated designer interview from the same magazine feature

Explicitly states that they're working on Trailbreaker and Hoist, along with aiming at the rest of the minibots (I assume the first season bunch?). Also more Beast Wars Masterpieces. Neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
If you like Sunsurges, this is yoir lucky day. Ebay has just had to rename itself Surgebay.
Indeed. While I think the official Sunstreaker looks just fine, it's really splitting hairs as to which among it, the badcube figure, and the omnigonix figure are the best. But the transformers fandom has never really championed critical thinking skills... I mean, they all really look like Sunstreaker, and so much so that the mass evacuation of Sunsurges is disheartening. Oh, well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
Buy mine then. Only two hundred of the Earth dollars.
Probably will.

Old 2017-05-23, 07:39 PM   #657
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

...that is a lot Sunsurges.

MP Sunstreaker looks decent, but that head is horrible. Hopefully we'll get the Diaclone recolours with a toy accurate.

Old 2017-05-24, 08:21 AM   #658
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Ooooh, might put down on a cheap Sunsurge; I'll be waiting until the Chinese bootleg Sunstreaker anyway. Why shouldn't I benefit from Transformers fans being largely fickle, stupid, impatient, myopic, gullible...

Another Lost Lighter on the shelf!

Seriously though it's incredible that people aren't even waiting for someone to get one in hand.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2017-05-24 at 08:36 AM.
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 08:47 AM   #659
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Quote:
Translated designer interview from the same magazine feature

Explicitly states that they're working on Trailbreaker and Hoist, along with aiming at the rest of the minibots (I assume the first season bunch?). Also more Beast Wars Masterpieces. Neat.
Yay.

Quote:
it's really splitting hairs as to which among it, the badcube figure, and the omnigonix figure are the best.
Well the Omnigonix one looks awful (so it's original toy accurate there, kerching). Plus every review I've seen has slated it. And when Kapow got it in stock they basically sent out an announcement saying "er, this is garbage so we've discounted the price massively from the off and are asking for a credit from our distributor".

So, yeah. Splitting hairs.

Quote:
But the transformers fandom has never really championed critical thinking skills...
How've the humanoids responded to the fake chest? Obviously it was the end of the world when Badcube did it, despite it being the only sensible design route and even MP-10 having a fake stomach grill.

Quote:
and so much so that the mass evacuation of Sunsurges is disheartening. Oh, well.
Yeah, it's a really good figure. I'd decided to get rid of mine because I'm slimming down my toy collection massively and the third party stuff like Sunsurge is where the money is (out of print Marvel omnibuses don't pay for themselves). Now I just look like I'm ditching it because there's an official one.

Quote:
Probably will.
Yay. (It's not 200 of the Earth Dollars)

Old 2017-05-24, 04:33 PM   #660
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Spinout is a fragile POS but captures the angular original-toy feel -- anyone that wants a shelf piece, likes the look and picks it up cheap enough won't feel disappointed.

Sunsurge... yeah, also like. Might even be tempted by the MP Sunstreaker when it hits KO status, but the itch has long since been scratched.

Can't for the life of me see why people buy 3P as placeholders. I try not to double up either, but all of the different Combaticon versions, for instance, achieve different things.

What I do like about a few of the recent MP figures like Megatron and Sunny (and Shockers to a certain extent; he's very Actionmaster-y) even though I doubt I'll ever go for them at normal asking price is that the relative complexity makes them less cartoon-like.

edit:
Quote:
Probably will.
Whilst I remember, still have any interest in that spare set of individually boxed Quantron members?

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote