• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2017-05-13, 12:41 AM   #5741
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Is berserker a new mold, or just a reuse of the DOTM lookalike? I saw it in the store a few days ago and couldn't tell.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 02:32 AM   #5742
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Berserker is a new mold. I'm visiting my parents for Mothers' Day weekend, so I don't have them in front of me. But, I tried Crankcase after fiddling with Berserker, and it's a different transformation, not just a retool.

Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 06:51 PM   #5743
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Grabbed TR Krok yesterday. He's a bit nicer than Skullcruncher, I think. The joints are a lot tighter and (even though I really like Skullcruncher's look) the colours are just a bit nicer.

The mold suits the character well, too. It's reasonably kibble-free, which is good for an ex-Actionmaster, and his alt mode is a pretty good likeness for the original toy's little partner Gatoraider.

The Headmaster gimmick winds up screwing with the proportions of the original toy's head a bit, and the gator jaws get stuck in a way that Skullcruncher's don't, but overall this makes for a very nice Krok.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 02:09 AM   #5744
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Having to meet a friend of mine at a not very near Walmart gave me a chance to have a quick mooch around a toy section I hadn't checked before, mainly because the local ones only have Hot Rod, Twinferno, and Breakaway, the shelfwarming sub line of Titans Return. And while there was no sign of Sixshot, I did find a couple of figures I was looking for:

TR Perceptor- He's not perfect, but I like him. He ticks all the right boxes, but it seems to me that he doesn't want to be a Titan. The little Titan Master's head won't come out of the connector socket. The head pops off the ball joint, though, so it still kind of works.

TR Krok- While I had no interest in Skullcruncher, giving him a miss meant I didn't have all of the redux versions of the original Decepticon HM figures. Krok doesn't give me the character, but he gets me the mold as well as an assistant for Blugdeon.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 01:40 PM   #5745
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

LK Barricade!

At full silly price whack. A week later it's only 11 in Argos. Sigh.

Fun toy though, even if I found transforming him a bit of a bugger, getting the legs right for car mode was a pain in the ass. And I ****ing love Barricade beyond all rationality.

Also, a fun issue of the German Transformers comic!

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...37941278818308

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...59237479989252

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 11:58 PM   #5746
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

TR Repugnus and Shuffler - Between these guys, the T-rexes, and Fangry, the beasts far surpass the vehicles.

I finally got UW Computron. I haven't fiddle with him too much, yet. I like how Strafe's fist holes can fit over his guns' rear pegs in arm mode, making one of the more cohesive arm modes in the line. Lightspeed's elbows are rather loose, but everything else seems OK.

I may have another one coming, though I don't need it. My ordering process went:
1) I order from vendor A via Amazon
2) Vendor A offers free shipping from Japan, but a long delivery time and only approximate delivery date. Presumably, this is because they're waiting to add my order to a larger shipment. This is fine.
3) Approximate delivery date comes and goes. 1 week later, I e-mail vendor A, asking for update.

4) 1 week after that, vendor A still hasn't responded.
5) I e-mail Amazon asking for update, who promptly refunds my money.
6) I use said money to order from vendor C, who sends me what I've got now.

7) Vendor A finally responds, saying their shipment is still on its way.
8) I explain to vendor A that I've already ordered (and received) that product from someone else, as my refund and lack of other response indicated the vendor A order was a no-go.
9) Vendor A e-mails me a form to have my money unrefunded once my order arrives.

I still don't have an update on whether or not my vendor A order is coming for sure, when that might be, or what to do when/if it arrives. Can I just bring it to the post office and tell them I refuse it? I don't want to pay for a 2nd Computron or return shipping costs.

Alleged "poems"
are not poetry

Last edited by Tantrum; 2017-05-18 at 12:22 AM.
Old 2017-05-18, 02:18 AM   #5747
Firestrider57
Headmaster

Default New Acquisitions

TLK Optimus Prime, AoE Hound, Scorn and Slash

Firestrider57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 04:09 PM   #5748
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
TR Repugnus and Shuffler - Between these guys, the T-rexes, and Fangry, the beasts far surpass the vehicles.
My willpower crumbled last night and I caved in and bought Overkill and Fangry, and I have to agree with you. They're super cute and a lot more fun than Apeface or Flywheels were. I actually feel like they're worth the money, which I can't say about the previous TMs I got.

Overkill's head mode (which is a repaint of Crashbash I think?) is pretty bad, though. It doesn't match the aesthetics of the line at all, so it looks bad no matter what body I put it on. Luckily he's going to be stuck as a cute dino 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
I still don't have an update on whether or not my vendor A order is coming for sure, when that might be, or what to do when/if it arrives. Can I just bring it to the post office and tell them I refuse it? I don't want to pay for a 2nd Computron or return shipping costs.
Considering that Amazon already cancelled and refunded your order due to the seller not communicating, I'd think you'd be in the clear. But it might be best to see what their policies are?

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 02:18 AM   #5749
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

I like Overkill's Head on Triggerhappy. The blues are a close enough match, TH's original red face looked out of place, and OK's face looks sinister enough for all those guns. I put TH's head in OK's shell, so he's still a T-rex, just without the molded teeth detail in the lower jaw.

Do you mean Amazon's policies or vendor A's? I'm curious if either even has a stated policy for "We cancelled your order but sent it to you anyway." Their policy might not even be legally enforceable. If it shows, I'll ask the Consumer Affairs department of my state's Attorney General's office and see what my actual obligations are in this situation.

Alleged "poems"
are not poetry
Old 2017-05-20, 03:30 PM   #5750
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

TLK Decepticon Berserker - Wasn't planning on buying this one so soon but when I checked the aisle all but two of the Last Knight deluxes were gone save this one and Slash, so I pulled the trigger.

CW Motormaster - Finally finished the Stunticon team with this purchase, also luckily it's the second iteration of the figure with the improvement over the original.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 05:42 PM   #5751
Heinrad
Ironmod

So I'm beginning to think I've hit a secret sale at Walmart. When I got Perceptor, Krok only cost the holidays sale price. And it happened again. I may have to hit this Walmart more often.....

TR Kup - I have to be honest, I wasn't going to get this one originally. But the alt mode sold me. It just looks really good. His robot mode, though.... needs a little more bulk, I guess. And there was another reason I got him.

TR Topspin - He looks pretty cool. Bulky, posable, great alt mode. Perfect as a Wrecker.

Which, ultimately, is why I got Kup. He fits in with the asthetic. Curse you, LSotW!

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Old 2017-05-22, 01:45 AM   #5752
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

TR Roadburn and Brawn - Both are good, though I like Brawn better. The extra wheel/roof piece forming a shield is a nice touch. Roadburn's leg transformation is pretty involved for such a small figure. My only issue is that the edges of the 5mm hole in Brawn's roof bump into a TM head is I try to make Brawn drive himself around.

I found 2007 movie Barricade at a thrift shop. Except for some paint wear/scuffing, he's in great shape. The spring-loaded punch still works, and he still has the little Frenzy. I just don't know if I'm transforming him right. He's got a few gaps in his chest, which reveal a hollow torso. Putting Frenzy in there helps somewhat, but there's still gaps on the side. I'll have to play with him some more.

Alleged "poems"
are not poetry
Old 2017-05-24, 03:03 AM   #5753
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

MP-36 Megatron at last! Although the negative feedback considerably lowered my excitement between me actually paying for him on HLJ and finally having him shipped. Which is probably why I haven't felt particularly motivated to transform him yet. Which is fine to be honest, because he's great in robot mode. Thanks to his alternate faces, he's easily the most expressive MP I own. You just can't say no to that "evil laugh" face.

I just wish his stock-flightstand would allow you to pose him at a more level flying position as opposed to the "taking off" angle, especially if you're gonna display him on a high shelf.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 07:54 PM   #5754
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Last Knight Barricade Premier Edition
Finally cracked and bought this guy. Saw him on the shelves and thought he looked the best of the first release Movie toys. Vangelus' review sold me. He is a good, fun toy. The robot mode is nice and stocky. I like the sort of motorcycle cop lok he's got going on with his big ol' boots (nicely shaped) and tan pants. I love the 'serve' and 'protect' knuckle dusters. He's decently posable, just lacking a waist swivel. Head is suitbaly fierce looking. Only the huge roof chunk on his back and the wheels on his arms are a bit of a disappointment - I don't mind the roof as you can pop it off and fashion it into a riot shield, but the arm thingies are particularly annoying. Whilst I can't say I miss ROTF style fidgeting, a couple of joints to have these bits fold up out the way would have been awesome. Like the baton, hand gun and gattling thing.

Alt mode is really cool looking, has some nice chunk and bounce to it and I like the brutal looking plough thing on the front. The blue and white colour is nice.

The price is a bit much, but thinking about it, they cost roughly the same as Hasbro's Marvel Legends and SW Black Series which are aiming for a similar demographic, so I can see how the price has been arrived at ("have you seen what the nerds will lay down on 3P stuff they'll drop the minute we put something out?") - but it still sucks to see formerly 'standard' Deluxe Transformers sold at a premium. Maybe we've been spoilt all these years - do Transformers cost significantly more to manufacture than a Spider-Man? The other thing I was thinking, was the way Transformers has been split amongst different age ranges with One-Step and 3-Step Changers and so on, and the 'proper' stuff is now just for adults. Sigh.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 07:00 PM   #5755
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Received AOE Voyager Galvatron and Hound from a seller from the Aus Transformers B/S/T group mid way through the week. Which largely completes that theme unless I decide I want Lockdown as well, but it's not that likely.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-30, 06:56 PM   #5756
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Skysledge & Stormhammer
https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...cm/p/157443003

Bit of nostalgia as Smyths had a sale on -- total brick with the only articulation being elbows. Kind of reminds me of the jet one out of Euro Rescue Force plus a generic background technician in a UK comic I'm failing to recall.

I think the squarer one would work better as a futuristic land vehicle rather than a flyer, but the black wings aren't too obtrusive on a dark surface. Would be surprised if many of these stay intact, though, and it wouldn't have been too difficult to add joints on the wings, shoulders, a turning head, etc. so the end result is even more of a statue than many original-era figures whilst simultaneously being a bit too fragile for kids likely to be entertained by it.

https://i.imgur.com/tWaJv88.jpg

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 10:18 AM   #5757
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quite worrying when you consider the TV spits show kids literally smashing them into each other...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 06:07 PM   #5758
Heinrad
Ironmod

TR Quake - After finding a not very local Walgreens(alas, too late for Brainstorm, but I was welcomed by the peg warming arms of Hot Rod and Twinferno), I found at Walmart a Quake. Multiple Topspins, Kups, and even a couple of Perceptors, but only one Quake. And, as he's just a recolor of Hardhead, there's nothing really new here, although I do quite like the face sculpt. And I'm guessing Walmart's computer systems must be having trouble, because once again, a price check, and then I got him for the holiday season pricing.

Old 2017-05-31, 06:41 PM   #5759
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
And I'm guessing Walmart's computer systems must be having trouble, because once again, a price check, and then I got him for the holiday season pricing.
Seems hit and miss around me. One Walmart on the north side of town is at $9.88. The other is $14.82.

That said, my family will be out of town during Father's Day, so my wife and kids planned a little celebration during Memorial Day. They got me TR Topspin as a nice little gift! Simple, chunky, and quite a bit of fun. Similar, yet different engineering like Triggerhappy (which I enjoy) so I'm really digging him.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 07:34 PM   #5760
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Another stupidly expensive late Marvel UK special only containing material I already own with no differences:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...16844892254209

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote