War for Cybertron Toy Discussion

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
praetorian
Protoform

War for Cybertron Toy Discussion

Post by praetorian »

First look at War for Cybertron Optimus Prime (in color):

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... oy-168986/

Also, at The Arker, some pics of RPMs, but Soundwave appears to have a War of Cybertron Soundwave (seen in the gallery here) on the bottom.

http://bbs.the-arker.com/dispbbs.asp?bo ... 599&page=1
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

So, an ugly alt-mode of indiscriminate size . . .
I've always preferred my Transformers to transform into something that actually disguises them. So this line will be in the Unicron Trilogy/ Animated pot for me from the start (though I do like some of the robot designs, so we'll see how it goes)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That Prime looks good. If it's not larger than a Deluxe class toy, I'll get it. Not sure about the Soundwave, though.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Blackjack wrote:That Prime looks good. If it's not larger than a Deluxe class toy, I'll get it.
s250 of the TFW2005 boards says it's Deluxe size.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

War for Cybertron Bumblebee toy confirmed:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-169044/

And here's the official pic:

http://www.transformersclub.com/_images/ish_31.jpg
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

Here's the latest pics of WFC Prime and Megatron! I gotta get these toys!

wreckie
Protoform

Post by wreckie »

Interesting. The aesthetic mixes War Within and Animated, with just a smidgen of movie complexity thrown in. Hasbro's definitely trying to appeal to everyone with this one. The Grand Unified Continuity of Everything Transformers comes a step closer to reality. :)

Also, I hope to God Megatron's right hand is mistransformed. Or are they trying to give us some RID-style asymmetry as well?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I really like the look of OP's robot mode. Alt mode looks a little doofy though. And it looks like he comes with a gun. Would have been nice to get him with his axe like in the game trailer. Oh well, we'll see how it turns out when it actually hits retail.

I agree with Blackjack on the deluxe size class. Might be a harder purchase for me if it's a voyager...
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Megatron looks cool, too. But what's up with his hands, either one of them.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Prime looks sweet. Megs got shafted again, though, in my opinion. Not interested in his.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Sometimes I think it's the fault of the fans that Megatron gets so shafted. Because if he didn't come with some huge cannon/blaster/death-ray the G1ers would be crying in their frosted flakes. So they have to build his whole character around 'the gun.' Animated Voyager Megatron was wicked, except for the cannon. This one looks cool, too, except the alt mode looks like a robot that's been through a car crusher stapled to the bottom of a dooms day device.*

*assuming, of course, that the thing's been transformed correctly.
astrotrain85

Post by astrotrain85 »

This Megatron look strange to me. Prime is a must have, as well Bumblebee.:smokin:::swirly:
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

I just got the latest Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine. They have a great two page article talking about the War For Cybertron. There is one VERY INTERESTING comment made by the TCC interviewer. See if this comment means the same to you as I took it. If it is true, this could be a very awesome cartoon series!:clap:

Quoting it word for word the first part of it: "Since the new cartoon and toyline are the inspiration for the video game..."
Preda

Post by Preda »

Dunno, don't like the legs on that Prime. The upper half looks awesome, but the rest kinda stupid... guess I have to see more pics of it...
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

I think Prime's just the case of needing a better pose, and an axe. From what I've seen so far though, I can conclude to want'em all!
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

*edit*
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

FortressMaximus wrote:I just got the latest Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine. They have a great two page article talking about the War For Cybertron. There is one VERY INTERESTING comment made by the TCC interviewer. See if this comment means the same to you as I took it. If it is true, this could be a very awesome cartoon series!:clap:

Quoting it word for word the first part of it: "Since the new cartoon and toyline are the inspiration for the video game..."
The upcoming cartoon is the basis for WFC? That sounds SO awesome! And yet, I wonder, where would the Power Core Combiners fit into all this?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bluecatcinema wrote:And yet, I wonder, where would the Power Core Combiners fit into all this?
UNIVARSE?
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

They look alright, but I prefer my vehicles more realistic...
Release dates?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

FortressMaximus wrote:Quoting it word for word the first part of it: "Since the new cartoon and toyline are the inspiration for the video game..."
They could have meant Transformers: Animated. There is definately a TF:A feel to these figures. Less stylized, but similar design features.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"