Kurtzman and Orci talk Transformers movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Kurtzman and Orci talk Transformers movie

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Q: Don Murphy wants the original voiceover actors is that something you guys have in mind?

A: We've been writing it with them in mind because since we we're fans that's the voices we have in our heads...I think its going to ultimately be up to Michael
Why would they ask the screenwriters about the voice actors? Like they have any say in that department.
Prime Maximus
Protoform

Post by Prime Maximus »

Of course I don't want to jump to conclusions but I think its rather cool that the writers have the original voices in mind while they write the script. Maybe that will bring in heavy consideration to bring in the original voice actors. Not to say it will happen but at least that's how the script is being written.

We'll have always have just that if it doesn't go that route.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Prime Maximus
Maybe that will bring in heavy consideration to bring in the original voice actors.

Not a chance. Not even light consideration. On a project like this, the screenwriters are hired, told what to write, and then assaulted with notes when they finish on what needs to be changed. They really have zero say in the matter. The best they can do is try to slip in things they want that may go unnoticed or get approved.

Love how that interview gave us no information whatsoever.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Originally posted by Prime Maximus
Of course I don't want to jump to conclusions but I think its rather cool that the writers have the original voices in mind while they write the script. Maybe that will bring in heavy consideration to bring in the original voice actors. Not to say it will happen but at least that's how the script is being written.

We'll have always have just that if it doesn't go that route.

On that note if they could write it all with them in mind the movie would have "Decepticons Retreat" in it about 10 or more times and it would be like the G1 cartoon again, on the big screen, again, in live action.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

plaese dont say that you're scaring me.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Prime Maximus
Protoform

Post by Prime Maximus »

Originally posted by DrEvil
On that note if they could write it all with them in mind the movie would have "Decepticons Retreat" in it about 10 or more times and it would be like the G1 cartoon again, on the big screen, again, in live action.

That would be sad but it sure would be the funniest movie ever. I would be like come on, not again! DON'T RETREAT..throwing popcorn at the screen...see, then I'm waisting valuable popcorn money. Popcorn way too expensive to throw at the screen...maybe I finally realized why the price of popcorn skyrocketed.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Zisteau
screenwriters are hired, told what to write, and then assaulted with notes when they finish on what needs to be changed. They really have zero say in the matter. The best they can do is try to slip in things they want that may go unnoticed or get approved.
And there are still a few people left who wonder why most films are crap...
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

It would make sense to have the originals, since the movie is based on G1/G2.
They are making the characters to be as similar as the originals. So why not get the original voice actors to play the tf's that made them famous among the fans.
So it makes sense in the long run.
Destruction is my specialty
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Zisteau
Love how that interview gave us no information whatsoever.

Full of fun facts to learn and share!

I'd feel cheated if I'd read that on a net connection I pay for...
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

Well, let's face it, if some stranger came up to you at the premiere of an unconnected movie and asked you about another project you were working on, how much solid information would you give?

It wasn't the sort of press conference where you get solid facts, but rather the sort of interview where those concerned answer every question with "heh. Right. Can I go now?"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Which is absolutely fair, except I was lured into this topic by the tagline "Kurtzman and Orci talk Transformers".

If the title had been "MI3 writers get pestered on their way to lunch" I'd be less entitled to feel let down.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by HeavyArms
They are making the characters to be as similar as the originals. So why not get the original voice actors to play the tf's that made them famous among the fans.

Not this fight again!! Who ever they sign give it a chance before whining and crying and acting like ten year olds watching prime die over and over. New actors are not the end of the world and some will have to be replaced anyway such as Starscream, Wheeljack, Gears and Ratchet.
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Which is absolutely fair, except I was lured into this topic by the tagline "Kurtzman and Orci talk Transformers".

If the title had been "MI3 writers get pestered on their way to lunch" I'd be less entitled to feel let down.

:laugh:

The second interviewer sounds suspiciously like theat lunatic who cornered Michael Bay in the same way a few months back and made all TF fans look like gits.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Angelophile
:laugh:

The second interviewer sounds suspiciously like theat lunatic who cornered Michael Bay in the same way a few months back and made all TF fans look like gits.

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who caught that one then. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
T.V.
Protoform

Post by T.V. »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Ah, so I wasn't the only one who caught that one then. ;)
Who didn't? I immediately thought of him too.

Same voice.
same cruddy way of interviewing. ;)
Ah...forget it!
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

Since Megs will be a tank, hopefully they find a way to make his robot form look like his G1 version. G2 version is alright, but I didn't care for the camo color.

And if there is a sequal where he turns into Galvatron, They better use a different f*#king form instead of just changing his color.
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

Originally posted by Roberto Orci
Ignore the interview we gave at the Zorro premiere. We knew not who we were talking to and meant to give nothing away.

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/s ... post256538
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

quote:Originally posted by HeavyArms

Not this fight again!! Who ever they sign give it a chance before whining and crying and acting like ten year olds watching prime die over and over. New actors are not the end of the world and some will have to be replaced anyway such as Starscream, Wheeljack, Gears and Ratchet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just saying that it would be nice if they could get a couple of the originals back, but if they can't well that's too bad.
I don't have a problem with Kaye and Chalk most likely doing the voice acting along with a few others.
Destruction is my specialty