[BW,BM] Best Beast!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Best Beast!

Post by SHOCKERS »

In my opinion the most satisfactory toy to come out of beast wars was Prowl,the lion from the gestalt team Magna Boss.Perfect proportions,two distinguishable modes and an intelligent transformation design(as apposed to ''err...it's nearly lunch,let's just put the beast mode on it's hind legs and flip it's head''..) Oh,and he also had a handy pair of wings in robot mode.Genius.
If only they had applied this level of thought and attention to the rest of them.
Of course the worst toy to come out of the line was in the same box, Ironhide,who transformed from elephant to complete mess.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I always liked the Cheetor // Tigatron mold. As well as the Dinobot // Grimlock one.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Hound

Post by Hound »

The first gorilla Primal I think is awesome

So is T-rex Megatron

I don't actually have many of the BW toys. So far only the ones who's character from the show I really like. Waspinator, Inferno, Quickstrike and a few others...
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

I guess there were a few other designs that were OK,i mean they practically set the standard with ball joints,who would have thought back in '84 you'd be able to get a TF more posable than a GI Joe?.But over all i feel that if they had just stuck to some basic rules about proportioning and sperate beast/robot limbs the toy line would have been excellent.
Rampage01
Protoform

Post by Rampage01 »

Some of my favorite's are the basic sized figures, such as Claw Jaw or Quickstrike. Their quick and easy to transform and highly posable, which makes them great to play with. Some of the delux sized toys are really good too, like Jetstorm or Scourge. However, the larger figures often then to be somewhat cumbersome, making them less playable.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Ironhide wasn't too great at all. I actually never figured out to transform him so I couldn't make it all up.

I never liked Prowl much either, nor the other one just because of all the many legs. I did like the other Gestault though as it seemed to work better.

Quickstrike has to be one of the best Transformers of all time for the neck of the snake alone. Its just fun and show accurate.

The TM leaders, Primal and Megatron were also great. Hoverboards and Roller skates, what an idea.