5 Faces of Darkness question...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

5 Faces of Darkness question...

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Having just watched season 2, followed by the Movie and then onto Five Faces of Darkness, I noticed that the animation is marked different during FFoD...why is this?

I ask this because the animation of The Killing Jar (next episode after FFoD) is back to the way it looks in series 2. Was FFoD produced by a different set of people, or was it produced under time pressure? During FFoD many of the characters and situations are poorly drawn - the Ark looks terrible for example.

Anyone have any ideas why?
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Akom strikes again...this is a pretty complicated story but I'll try and remember how it goes...

Animation Korea or basically Akom is responsible for some of the mediocre episodes of Transformers (Like "Carnage in C-Minor" and "City of Steel"), after the movie, Nelson Shin (company owner of Akom), I think his name was took over the series from part of season 2, the majority of season 3 and all of season 4.

Akom Episodes from Season 2:

- City of Steel
- The Autobot Run
- The Core

Akom Episodes from Season 3:

- Five Faces of Darkness (1-5)
- Dark Awakening
- Carnage in C-Minor
- Forever is a Long Time Coming
- Thief in the Night
- Starscream's Ghost
- Ghost in the Machine
- The Big Broadcast of 2006
- The Quintesson Journal
- Only Human *?*
- Grimlock's New Brain
- Face of Ninjika

Akom Episodes from Season 4:

- Rebirth (1-3)

The other episodes that were not listed were done by Toei Animations (Japan) except for the legendary season 3 episode, "Call of the Primitives" which was done by another Japanese animation company called "Takara," I think...I'm not sure on the name...but I know it was done by a different animation company.

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Dark Dranzer
The other episodes that were not listed were done by Toei Animations (Japan) except for the legendary season 3 episode, "Call of the Primitives" which was done by another Japanese animation company called "Takara," I think...I'm not sure on the name...but I know it was done by a different animation company.

Not Takara, they're the company that releases the toys in Japan. I imagin the man Spengs would know...
the Ark looks terrible for example.
That's what I really hate. It could have been as heart wreanching as the destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek III, instead it's just beige. Not helped by the fact Cassey must have walked off the show before recording his lines as Teletran 1...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Not helped by the fact Cassey must have walked off the show before recording his lines as Teletran 1...

Well, it did happen after Sunbow revealed themselves to be employing racist old ****s. Kasem's a good man.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Well, it did happen after Sunbow revealed themselves to be employing racist old ****s. Kasem's a good man.
Oh, I fully support him quiting. It's just a shame no one told the animators before they drew all those big dramatic close ups* of T1...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Not Takara, they're the company that releases the toys in Japan. I imagin the man Spengs would know...
Oh okay then, I wasn't sure which company it was I mean, I know it wasn't Toei...

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*