Ironhide #3 preview.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

Ironhide #3 preview.

Post by Grayfox »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Right, so the Goddamn Alpha Trion is going to explain why he's swanning around in Metroplex and why I should be picking this up in trade, presumably?
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Maybe we finally find out what "it" is that Metroplex is protecting.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

From that preview I can already say- not interested.

Admittedly I'm not a huge comic fan, I don't know jack about TF comics, bar the first 20 or so issues of the original marvel series. But this just dosn't feel right... and Alpha Trion looks terrible.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I did love Ironhide's reaction to Alpha Trion. Or Gandalf the Grey. Whoever it's supposed to be.

Here's hoping Costa's not trying to beat McCarthy to the "Mysterious thing in the depths of Cybertron that only [insert main character here] can deal with" punch.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I find myself thinking the same thing every IDW preview - stop wasting so much space! 5 pages to get to alpha trion and a little quote joke about not knowing who Alpha is.

I mean, the first page shows we are on cybertron... Its issue 3 for gods Sake! we know damn well where the story is set.

Also, this is issue 3 of a 4 parter. And really, nothing much has happened that couldnt have run alongside the spike story of issue 8 of the ongoing.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Denyer: going to explain
Whoa whoa, let's not go nuts.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

From looking at it, I'm wondering if that actually is Alpha Trion. I also can't remember if Alpha Trion's showed up in IDW's continuity before. He's got a long, ragged cloth wrapped around the lower half of his face, after all.

And, if Ironhide has actually met Alpha Trion before, it could be post-amnesiac state(maybe Alpha's the one who put him back together after Ironhide stopped Axer from assassinating Prime). Although the indication from the teaser page from the end of #2 is that things are about to get wierd.

The impression I got from the look on Ironhide's face was, "Yeah, right. If yer Alpha Trion, I'm Prowl." The fact that Alpha Trion's 'beard' is a tied on tattered sheet isn't helping his case much.

Again, this could be a whole dream/nightmare sequence. Ironhide might actually still be unconscious, just woke up into a different dream.

Has Costa written anything else besides what we've seen of his Transformers work?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642