Hasbro is probably going to mess with the Starscream reissue.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Scarrita
Protoform

Hasbro is probably going to mess with the Starscream reissue.

Post by Scarrita »

This is just a theory, mind you. I have no facts to back this up. But seeing how Hasbro has messed with the OP & UM reissues you are probably going to say goodbye to SS's cluster bombs (the shorter missles) and his Null Rays are going to be super extended. If he is still even being released later this year.

Just a thought that was running through my head. You all can return to your normal (?) lives now. :D
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Dont call it messing dude, the changes to the missles need to be made so the toys will comply w/ Toy Safety standards, and Hasbro makes the necessary alteration to get them out in the states here. If Hasbro could, I'm sure they'd completely release them as the originals were. Give them some credit, they are making the changes to give the fans what we wanted, US re-issues
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I wonder if they'll include the landing gear, too. After all, it's a small part that could kill someone if shoved up their nose... :rolleyes: And I bet the wings will be permanently attached, lest they be used as stabbing weapons!!!
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84
Dont call it messing dude...
It's all semantics.
Anyway, as I see it, if it is changed from the original, messing with (insert diabolical laughter here), ie making it "safer", is still silly because the target age group for these products are, for the most part, later teens and up, probably mostly the up part. Not the eight year olds.
The eight year olds have their nice new brightly flourescent colored Armada toys to play with (not that some of the G1s weren't as brightly colored). And they can have 'em.
I just want the ones I had as a child, preferably unaltered. That is my gripe about the whole thing.
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Well then you either need to shell out the money for the originals on e-bay or get the japanese re-issues, which is what I have been doing, thats not to say I won't be picking up Rodimus Major, I never got re-issue Hot Rod, and since I do believe there are no real changes, I can now
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84
Well then you either need to shell out the money for the originals on e-bay or get the japanese re-issues, which is what I have been doing, thats not to say I won't be picking up Rodimus Major, I never got re-issue Hot Rod, and since I do believe there are no real changes, I can now
That is exactly what I am doing. Although I am avoiding ebay like the plague. Once bitten, twice shy*.

*I will kill (very painfully) the first person that gives a hairband comment.

Other than the fact that the mold used for Rodimus Major (ugh, I hate that name), is the Target Master one, you knew this I'm sure, it's the same.
The website that does replacement parts, I can never remember the name, is going to be making his Target Master gun, so when that is complete I'll have Target Master Hot Rod.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The fact that Starscream is such a cräp mould and more akin to an easy-splinter Lego kit is not exactly going to endear him...

They're making Firebolt? Cool! Shame I have him and no TM Hot Rod...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

crepe mould? takes all sorts ;)

Oh, and because the topic brought up can't be construed as news, I'm moving this to Toys...
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

As for the alterations, if they do release Powermaster Optimus Prime with Godbomber then there will be another "mess up" on that guy's projectile.
Garand

Post by Garand »

Any one got proof of these "sacrilidges" or is this pure specualtion?
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Originally posted by Garand
I did say it was just a theory for Starscream. But as for OP & UM the proof is there. So using my vast (sheeya!) powers of deduction I have come to that reasonable conclusion.
Garand

Post by Garand »

Ok, just sure.. and I know about UM, I won the reissue.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Brendocon
crepe mould? takes all sorts ;)
Well, the nose-cone is fairly edible, judging by the junker I have lying around in addition to my original... but I think yer German accent needs practise... think fresh-water fish from Dudley...
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Originally posted by Scarrita

It's all semantics.
Anyway, as I see it, if it is changed from the original, messing with (insert diabolical laughter here), ie making it "safer", is still silly because the target age group for these products are, for the most part, later teens and up, probably mostly the up part. Not the eight year olds.
The eight year olds have their nice new brightly flourescent colored Armada toys to play with (not that some of the G1s weren't as brightly colored). And they can have 'em.
I just want the ones I had as a child, preferably unaltered. That is my gripe about the whole thing.
But all it takes is one toddler to choke on a cluster bomb because his parents bought it for him without any idea what it was and Hasbro is looking at a massive lawsuit, they're just covering their asses.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

Originally posted by Garand
Speculation completely
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
all it takes is one toddler to choke on a cluster bomb because his parents bought it for him without any idea what it was
There's more chance of the parents choking to death on a cluster bomb... actually, what's to stop Hasbro slapping a 12-and-up sticker on the things?
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

But that's just it, they can put a sticker that says that, but it won't stop most people, it will technically remove all blame from Hasbro if a kid DOES choke on it, but it would still be a black eye for the company. It's kinda like the music industry in that sense, they can put a sticker that says "Don't give this to little kids stupid" but little kids can still buy it (since I've never once seen anyone in a record store tell a kid he couldn't buy a CD because of the sticker), but of course the company can then say "Didn't you read the sticker stupid?"
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Let me get this straight... Do you honestly think that Hasbro are TRYING to screw you over?

Do you think that perhaps, it would be a lot cheaper for the company to simply release the original mold, rather than design new parts for it? Of course it would be.

But then again, they are Big Bad Hasbro, and all that they do is bad. Sheeesh.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Why not remove the large Transformers logo on the box with
CHOKEFORMERS
Poke You In The Eye

Kinda has a ring to it.;)
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Why not remove the large Transformers logo on the box with
CHOKEFORMERS
Poke You In The Eye

Kinda has a ring to it.;)
They're more than just a poke you in the the eye.
They're Murderers In Disguise!
:D