SDCC IDW PANEL

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

SDCC IDW PANEL

Post by Grayfox »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ost5029024
-Denton's working on D&D now mostly. It appears to be based on 4.0-oh, wait, sorry, we care about robots.
-Image of Ongoing cover. HOT ROD IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE (this was one of the bullet points on the slide) and Starscream (with a Matrix a la TFTM Galvatron bling!) on the cover choking the crap out of him. Going to Decepticons, lotta crap going down.
-Images of Transformers: Sector Seven covers. Focuses on the Simmons family history.
-Image of one of the Wreckers covers. I kind of didn't pay attention here, oops.
-Drift 3 including Lockdown (Drift 03 Alex Cover by ~dyemooch on deviantART - not image shown, but shiny nonetheless) and to reveal 'secrets of the third faction'.
-No more Spotlights planned until they fill a few holes in canon/tie things together
-Schmidt mentioned that they're going to try to keep a more steady art style for ongoing
-Also mentioned Punch/Counterpunch 4-issue miniseries - no date planned, no information on artist/writer given, just that they're working on it.
-13 has "No comment"; however, Mike Costa mentioned he 'might' have an email with the subject between him and Simon Furman. Andy's note was "We haven't forgotten them, we haven't forgotten Simon"
-Alex Irvine mentioned when I spoke with him post-panel that he was starting to work on another book, possibly WFC-verse.
Well, that's second (for me, after Hasbro) dissapointing TF panel. The only slightly interesting news is P/CP mini.

BTW, from what i see on various boards, people are more interested in Lockdown appearing in TF: Drift, than the title character.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Grayfox wrote:-Image of Ongoing cover. HOT ROD IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE (this was one of the bullet points on the slide) and Starscream (with a Matrix a la TFTM Galvatron bling!) on the cover choking the crap out of him. Going to Decepticons, lotta crap going down.
Well, my guess about Hot Rod going to get the Matrix from Screamer is correct... not sure whether I like it, but anything has to be an improvement over the dire stuff we have now.
-Image of one of the Wreckers covers. I kind of didn't pay attention here, oops.
BASTARD.
-Also mentioned Punch/Counterpunch 4-issue miniseries - no date planned, no information on artist/writer given, just that they're working on it.
I like this. Punch is a more deserving target for a mini than Drift. Does that mean they're overthrowing Spotlights altogether and using four-issue miniseries for characters? :up:
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Blackjack wrote: BASTARD.
A short, written by James Roberts, titled "Bullets" will be included in the LSOTW TPB.

Credit goes to lonegamer8 @ allspark.com:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Thank you, ziggy. I'm all smilies again. :)

Anyone know if they'll be including the mosaic piece in the TPB?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ordinarily I'd be pissy that a trade was getting additional story material, because it spits on people who bother to buy singles and means future series get less purchasing support, but if the profiles were for the issues and the other stuff for the trade, will let it off on that point... I do intend to pick up the trade too...

Yeah, there isn't a lot of interest in that announcement, is there?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Is it just me, or is it getting easier to forget anyone actually has the TF licence?

Add another vote to "Ordinarily I'd be pissed about a TPB-exclusive story, but I was buying the thing anyway, so yay!".
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Cliffjumper wrote:Is it just me, or is it getting easier to forget anyone actually has the TF licence?

Add another vote to "Ordinarily I'd be pissed about a TPB-exclusive story, but I was buying the thing anyway, so yay!".
When the company producing the comics seems very unexcited and announces very little there seems very little for the fans to get excited about. This is disappointing.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

lomegamer8 wrote:More plans for Spotlights? Trying to hone everything back 2gether and on the same page, not "fixing stories", trying to smooth things out, tricky with multiple series and writers so it runs into continuity issues, hence reason 4 focus on Earth, not ruled out yet/not on schedule, trying to get ducks in row
It's way too late for that.

edit: To expand on that... the ongoing can't be used as a book that plods along, with the interesting stuff happening in one-shots and minis. But at the same time, if you've turned people off the ongoing by doing that, cutting the side titles means ****ing everyone off.

It all has to be outstanding by the time sales are on a slide.