Shouldn't Rodimus Major Be Called Rodimus Minor?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Dinobot

Shouldn't Rodimus Major Be Called Rodimus Minor?

Post by Dinobot »

I mean he Hot Rod was upgraded to Rodimus Prime, so therefore it'd make more sence for the toy to be called Rodimus Minor.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

I think Rodimus minor is bad name. Anybody with minor in their name just sounds like suckbot which Hot Rod does not desreve.
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Rodimus alone would have been nice.
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by E Nice
Rodimus alone would have been nice.
It would have actually...
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

They threw in some line about the Major title was for Autobots that showed potential for Leadership.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Lemming
Anybody with minor in their name just sounds like suckbot

But what about Optimus Minor?

...oh right.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

They actually explained the name at last year's Botcon. It was a good explaination. They felt that since they couldn't use the Hot Rod name, they'd go with something else--and since they'd already had an "Optimus" MINOR, they'd have a "Rodimus" MAJOR. Kinda works

Personal canon (if I decided to use the name): Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime. When Optimus returned, he became Hot Rod again. Somewhere after that point, he performed a sortie or tour of duty above and beyond expectancy. I would stem it from what he learned being a leader, as well as from 'growing up' in those years following. Hot Rod was awarded the new title of Major and decided to call himself Rodimus again to go with it.
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

Originally posted by Blitzwing

...oh right.

:D :D :D

I'd have say that Rodimus would have been an excellent choice for his name, but I don't think that putting the major in there was a bad choice.
Sades

Post by Sades »

...oh right.

Optimus Minor Rules!

... except when he doesn't. :glance:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by saysadie
Optimus Minor Rules!

... except when he doesn't. :glance:

Which is all the time of course...

That little poo-flinging monkey is the biggest disgrace in the entire Beast Wars line, so there!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Which is all the time of course...

That little poo-flinging monkey is the biggest disgrace in the entire Beast Wars line, so there!

He had to suck, so that Primal would seem all that much cooler in comparison. It's a ying and yang thing... :eyebrow:
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Sades

Post by Sades »

He is a disgrace! That is why he rules so very, very much... you can't have something purely good and nice and shiny without something that sucks horribly. Like Hound said, yin/yang thing. We all need something to make fun of... and something to make the gooder toys seem even more gooder... so, he rules because he sucks.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

and something to make the gooder toys seem even more gooder... so, he rules because he sucks.

Yeah, and Optimus Primal is definitely one of the "gooder" toys out there....hehehehehee.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

He is a disgrace! That is why he rules so very, very much... you can't have something purely good and nice and shiny without something that sucks horribly. Like Hound said, yin/yang thing. We all need something to make fun of... and something to make the gooder toys seem even more gooder... so, he rules because he sucks.

True... Kinda like Carnage in C-Minor and Polly Shore movies.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Ok, get this. Someone's selling a Optimus Minor on eBay. I don't blame them for selling it, but I just don't think they'll get that much for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &category=
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That's what BBTS is selling him for. I feel bad for the little guy, so I'm going to buy him.
Polly Shore movies.

Sacriledge! They don't make anything good. In fact the make the world worse just because they exist.