Dream Engine synopsis from LITG / Pat Lee at Newsarama: "I'm doing fine!"

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Pat Lee at Newsarama: "I'm doing fine!"

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Once a company enters that process - and a Receiver or Trustee is chosen - then the former owners of a company - such as myself - have absolutely no discretion in the disbursement of monies. I have absolutely no control over who gets paid - and who doesn't . . . how much they get paid . . . or when they get paid.

How convenient . . .
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It's very true. Once the administrator takes over, the former owners have no involvement.

It doesn't stop them from sending funds in certain peoples direction before going into administration, though...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

It also helps them stay out of jail for buying porches, instead of paying their artists.

I understand why the bankruptcy laws are in effect. However, this is a gross misuse of a law, meant to protect entrepreneurs, who were doing the right thing, but something went wrong. Pat Lee's using it as a "get out of jail free" card.
Prime Maximus
Protoform

Post by Prime Maximus »

::yawn::

so what else is on tv? more crap.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Somehow I don't see how bankruptcy laws have any effect on people not getting paid before the company goes bankrupt.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Somehow I don't see how bankruptcy laws have any effect on people not getting paid before the company goes bankrupt.

That's 'cause they don't. Pat certainly is exploiting some loopholes, and also using some 'international protections' to boot... great guy, really.. gives the whole Transformers franchise such a warm, fuzzy feeling.
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

GRRRRRRRR, darth zax smash!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Nevermore

Well, the people, who are not paid are creditors. The money owed to creditors is debt. A company that does not pay its debt files for bankruptcy. All Pat Lee had to do was hold on until his company was bankrupt, then he could settle the lawsuits. Any resulting debt from the settlement would be put on hold by the bankruptcy. A sinister bastard, Pat Lee is. Hopefully, there'll be some justice, and the people will get paid. The probably will never get everything they're owed, but hopefully, they get enough to help them with the debt they've gone into as a result of this.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Just reading the first part of the interview cracked me up. He states that he got so involved with the company that he stopped developing original new comics for the company to diversify with...yeah, if by original you mean the same sort of rehashed drivel that's come out of Japanese popular entertainment for the past 20 years...
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Yeah he was saying about how he was constantly coming up with exciting new conceptual ideas to like create excellent comics but couldnt impliment them because he was too involved in the company... i'm sorry pat? new? excellent? what??? those words dont belong together
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

It doesn't stop them from sending funds in certain peoples direction before going into administration, though...

Actually, if the purpose of this was to avoid paying creditors then this is equitable fraud, and thus is punishable/reversable by any good court.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

but it cant be proven that its purpose was to avoid paying creditors surely?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Perhaps. Perhaps not. That will be for future litigation to decide.

It's very suspicious that he would buy such luxurious items, while his writers weren't getting paid (and barely making ends meat if at all as a result of it), and when his company tanked, he filed for bankruptcy. Meanwhile, his brother opens a new company with a similar name, and he basically walks off scott free, as the saying goes.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Well, I don't know about the rest of you all, but I know I'm going to sleep easier knowing that he and his BMW's are doing OK.
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

I think that almost all of the criticism that's been directed at me and other DW staff members originates from people that think they've been injured or hurt by the closing of DW in some way.
Yeah, silly writers and artists for THINKING they were hard done by. :rolleyes:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
It also helps them stay out of jail for buying porches

What? For their houses or something?
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

Well, they needed new porches installed. You know, so they'd be more comfortable sitting outside their houses taking in the mighty view of the Porsches sitting in their driveway.
Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

To me the most enraging thing Marvel has done recently is hire this guy to do some work. I think any employer should look at this guy, see the way he treated his artists and give him the same type of treatment.

Just ridiculous. I can't wait to see Karma come and kick his ass.
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*