AWF Mayhem (4th February 2004)

Having a quiet drink with Terry Gene Bollea.
AWF Press Office
Protoform

AWF Mayhem (4th February 2004)

Post by AWF Press Office »

Sincere apologies to both readers and writers for the delay. There were some unexpected problems in the editing suite.

JRA: The winner of this bout…and the Number One Contender for the AWF Title at Archivemania III…The Welsh Wonder…Sixswitch!

Joey: Sixswitch is going to Archivemania! Sixswitch has outlasted the best in this company and he’s going to AM III! Strafe can’t believe how close he came…one person between he and the title shot…Sixswitch collapses in the ring in celebration…

*The Pyro erupts as Mayhem comes on the air from the Hartford Civic Center*

Joey: “And we are LIVE from Hartford, Connecticut, hot off the heels of one of the most explosive PPV’s of the year.”
‘Flec: “News flash, Styles. It was the FIRST PPV of the year.”
Joey: “Not really. The WWE had the Royal Rumble the same day, and from what I hear, we outsold tickets by a third and had a 2 to 1 buyrate. So we ended up doing better than our main competition.”
‘Flec: “You say that like it’s difficult…”

Further ranting by the broadcast team is halted as Powerman 5000’s “Drop The Bombshell” is heard, signaling the arrival of the Mad Bomber and his girlfriend Arcee, both of whom look as if they just heard the news that a close family member had recently died.

Joey: “And here come Bombers…hopefully to explain his actions at Edge Of Survival.”
‘Flec: “What’s to explain?”
Joey: “He set fire to another human being, dummy! That’s not something you just forget overnight.”
‘Flec: “I did.”
Joey: “And now Bombers getting into the ring now…microphone in hand…let’s hear what he has to say…”

Bombshell: “You know something, folks? I’ve been in the ring with a lot of chumps over the years, but I gotta say that in my entire career, there was never a competitor more worthy of my attention that Jinrai. True, he made the mistake of going after my girl…”
‘Flec: “I didn’t know Arcee was Jinrai’s type of girl.”
Joey: “Man, you have a short memory. Or have you also forgotten that it was Jinrai’s assault on Arcee that started the whole feud between the two in the first place.”
‘Flec: “Oh, yeah. After all, it’s a proven fact that Jinrai couldn’t pick up a woman if he tried…”

Bombshell: “But I gotta say that, despite all that, Jinrai was one hell of a guy, and when he gets out of the hospital, I’m sure that we’re able to go at it again. ‘Cause man, I gotta say. That match we had will probably go down as one of the greats, and it was an honor to be involved in it with a guy who set the standard by which all hardcore…”

Suddenly, the lights turn out, and the Archivetron lights up in a burst of static, which soon comes off, followed by a visual: a camera's set on a mock tripod on a turnbuckle... and standing in the view... is Jinrai.

Jinrai: "We... we all knew it would come to this. deep down... even you knew, Reily. We all knew.”
‘Flec: We all knew what? What the hell is this crispy critter talking about?
Jinrai: “This... this is my goodbye. One that... can't be waled away from. here... it ends."

In the background, a faint sound of music can be heard. the song... is Hymn for the Fallen. the piece was originally created in memory of the victims and the heroes who died... fighting to save lives... that fateful day...September the Eleventh.

Jinrai: ”Appropriate... that this... is my dying song. You see... I...was in New York, that day... and bore witness, firsthand... and when I rushed home... that same day... to be with my loved ones... it was THAT DAY... that I lost them all. you see... there were three plane crashes that day... one...in New York... another in Sommerset County, Pennsylvania... the other... in Westmoreland county... that plane... was brought down by military fighters... and destroyed my family... they were all in my parents' house... when it crashed... killing..all of them. My mother... father.... brother... my cousins, my aunts, and my uncle... my grandparents... gone. "
‘Flec: “So the guy lost his family in a plane crash.”
Joey: “Only one of the most horrific disasters in history.”
‘Flec: “Yeah. And?”

Jinrai's head turns from the camera, and a profile of his face is seen... he wipes away the tears, still very shaken... and continues

Jinrai: “And then...Erik took me in... he... trained me... to be a wrestler... and...I stood by in the shadows as he and O'con ran DN...And the aftermath of it... Scout...picked up where Erik left off... she...was family all the same... just like Erik….Wolfang.... Zarak... P.... Divebomb.. Viewfind... Blaster... Ravage... Skywarp... DXtreme... Windcharger...Quickswitch and Sixswitch... Thundercracker.... Maximus...most...all of you...it...it's been an honor...
‘Flec: “Those are some names you’d never attach “honor” to.
Joey: *mock sarcasm* “Except Blaster, of course.”
’Flec: “Of course.”
Jinrai: “Vin Ghostal... I'll...see you... in hell...”
Joey: “Jinrai talking about the former AWF champion, who made his return at Edge Of Survival.”
‘Flec: “Barely even in the hospital and he’s already making plans for his funeral.”

Jinrai's head bows, and he again continues

Jinrai: “The truth... is out now... on the table... now... you know... why I was...who I was... and...that frees me.... “
Joey: “I don’t think I like the sound of that.”

The sound of metal slicing through something is heard…

‘Flec: “I know I don’t like the sound of that…”

”... and blood can be seen, spurting... and the camera catches a glimpse as Jinrai falls... a sword sent completely through his chest.”

Joey: “OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!”
‘Flec: “…”

The camera's battery starts to die... and Jinrai's last words seep into the audio as the camera dies...

Jinrai: "F...farewell.... my....friends...."

Only static follows, which fades as the lights are brought back up, showing both Bombshell and Arcee standing in the middle of the ring with shocked expressions on their faces.

Joey: “I can’t…I can’t believe what we’ve just seen folks.”
‘Flec: “Neither can Bombers…and he set the guy on fire. Doesn’t get much worse than that.”
Joey: “And Bombers now…stumbling across the ring…Arcee starting to cry…now she’s running to get a comfort hug from her man…and the two trying to come to terms with what we’ve all just seen.”
‘Flec: “Oh, god. When did this become ‘All My Children?’”
Joey: “You don’t have the slightest bit of compassion for anyone, do you?”
‘Flec: “Hey, neither does Bombers…usually. Look at him, all blubbering and crying in the ring there. He’s a guy. I’d expect that from Arcee, but him?”
Joey: “Give the guy a break, ‘Flec! He just spilled his guts out, saying that for all the **** they’ve gone through, he considered him an equal. Now, after seeing this, don’t you think that it should have even the slightest impact on him?!”
‘Flec: “Um…no?”
Joey: “And now Bombers and Arce leaving the ring…heading for the backstage area…we’ll try to get underway when we get back folks.”

A brief promo for the Edge Of Survival encore presentation plays

Hardcore Title:
Thundercracker (c) vs. Cane Deathscream

Joey: Next up is the hardcore title match.
Flec: Who's the challenger?
Joey: Weren't you paying attention back there in the meeting before the show?
Flec: I most surely did not. I had something far more important on my mind.
Joey: I can only imagine.
Flec: Well, who's it gonna be?

Before Styles has the time to answer "Deadly Games" starts to play and Cane Deathscream enters the arena. The crowd welcomes him with jeers and boos but the big man doesn't seem to care.

Flec: Cane Deathscream? Didn't we have this match already?
Joey: TC did beat Deathscream some weeks ago for the hardcore title but Deathscream apparently wasn't happy with the result and wanted a rematch. And here you are.
Flec: Why would he want a rematch? It's not like he'll be any happier with the result this time.
Joey: That remains to be seen. Their last match wasn't excatly free from interference and maybe now that TC has cut all his past allegiences he believes he has a better chance.

Cane Deathscream enters the ring and walks around waiting for his opponent. He doesn't has to wait for long, though, as Finch's Worms of the Earth fills the arena signalling for the entrance of the Whole F*cking Show, hardcore champion TC.

Joey: Crowd going nuts here for the champion!
Flec: And for once I agree with those morons.
Joey: I don't know how ready TC can be for this match after his battle with Redstreak at Edge of Survival. But he must stay focused. If I'm not mistaken, no single competitor has held the hardcore title longer than TC. The longest reign in history has been when Quick Switch and the Mat Man were co-holders, 117 days and TC is only 12 days behind. I can imgaine that having the longest reign in AWF history could mean a lot to TC, especially since it's for the hardcore title, a title which sees more title changes and gruesome, tiring matches than any other title.
Flec: Damn it, Styles. How do you know all that useless stuff?
Joey: It's called research, Flec. Try it sometimes.
Flec: If it will make me as boring as you, I think I'll skip it.

TC has barely made it to the ring as Cane Deahtscream begins his attack with a stiff kick on the body of TC who is sliding in the ring. A couple of kicks later Deathscream picks TC up and whips him to the ropes and drops the champion with a shoulder block. Without wasting a moment, Deathscream drops an elbow, and a second. Not going for the pin, the big man picks TC up again and grabs a choke hold with both hands. TC tries to block it but can't do anything as Deathscream throws him down again. TC raises slowly to his feet but doesn't even get a second to gather his thoughts as Cane Deathscream gets some momentum from the ropes and connects with a clothesline.

Joey: Cane Deathscream really starting off well here. He's been dominating the champion in the early matchup.
Flec: You can do anything you want in the beginning but who dominates in the end is what matters.
Joey: TC still down and Cane Deathscream leaves the ring. He checks under the ring and as always, finds a lot of toys there.
Flec: A chair, a sledgehammer, and a trash can. This guy isn't joking around.
Joey: This doesn't look good for TC. Cane Deathscream picks up the trashcan and advances to TC who's up to his feet now. Drop toe hold! A drop toe hold by TC sends Cane Deathscream face first against the mat - and the trashcan! TC quikcly back up, and a spinning leg drop on the head of Deathscream and his face just dug deeper in the trash can. TC takes a little distance and seems to be waiting for Deathscream to get up. Deathscream gets to his feet and a dropkick by TC drops him straight back down. Cane Deathscream may have had the advantage early on but now the champion is showing what he's made of.
Flec: What did I tell you? No matter how hard the behemoth hit him in the beginning, TC has a way to turn the match around.

Cane Deathscream gets to his feet but is met by a couple of blows by TC before is sent to the ropes. Coming back TC nails with a spinning heel kick and hits a leg drop immediatly after. Without hesitation, TC picks Cane Deathscream up and sends him to the corner. TC quickly follows up with a shoulder thrust after another. After five TC does a backflip before going for the last one but Deathscream quickly gets back to his game and hits TC with a thunderous clothesline. TC gets quickly to his feet but another clothesline drops him down.

Joey: TC had a couple of good shots in but now Cane Deathscream back in control, and it doesn't seem like TC's blows affected him at all.
Flec: That's the advantage of being the bigger man in the ring. You can deal and receive a lot more punishment than your opponent.
Joey: Deathscream now, not wasting a moment grabs TC and connects with a suplex. Picks TC up, whip to the ropes and a powerslam! Cover! One, Two... and TC kicks out!
Flec: What was he thinking? Trying to put the hardcore champion out with a powerslam? It'll take a lot more than that.
Joey: Maybe, but sometimes you have to take the chance. Cane Deathscream knows that TC has a lot more experience and that if he lets TC get his game rolling, he doesn't stand a chance. Cane Deathscream has the advantage, picks TC up... Oh my god!
Flec: Press slam on TC! The champion is in trouble!
Joey: TC down and Deathscream grabs the sledgehammer. Cane Deathscream is stalking TC, who is slowly getting on his feet. He's up, and a hit to the midsection with the sledgehammer! TC is in pain and Deathscream throws the sledgehammer away and signals for the end. He kicks the chair to the middle of the ring, what is he doing?
Flec: He grabs TC and sets him up for a powerbomb.
Joey: Raising Cane! Raising Cane on the steel chair! This is over! Cane goes for the pin. 1, 2,
Flec: 3! No! TC gets a shoulder up!
Joey: Somehow, someway, the champion gets a shoulder up and this match continues!
Flec: Cane Deathscream is livid, he can't believe TC kicked out!
Joey: Neither can I, Flec. TC shows the spirit of a champion and survives the Raising Cane! But Deathscream still has the upper hand as TC is lying on the mat.

Frustrated by not being able to put his opponent away, Cane Deathscream picks up the chair and starts taunting TC. TC struggles to get on his feet while Deathscream is waiting. Finally, after many long seconds TC is up and Deathscream swings the chair. Reacting quickly, TC ducks and Deathscream swings at nothing. Surprised by the sudden recovery of his opponent Deathscream turns around and is met with Lifetime Enlightenment. The impact of the chair sends Deathscream back against the ropes but wasn't enough to get the big man down. TC hits the ropes for velocity and a clothesline sends both men over the top rope.

TC is faster to his feet and starts showering Cane Deathscream with a series of punches. After about a dozen he whips Deathscream right against the steel steps. Deathscream gets slowly on his feet but immediatly TC connects with a step-over spinning heel kick.

Joey: TC backs up, what is he planning? Oh no, a rolling thunder on the concrete floor! TC is really picking up the pace here!
Flec: He picks Deathscream up and throws him in the ring. I guess this is close to being over.
Joey: Don't be too sure. Deathscream may be down, but he just might not be out yet. TC goes for the split-legged moonsault but...
Flec: This is bad! This is bad!
Joey: Deathscream grabs the throat!
Flec: I don't think TC can withstand a chokeslam. This doesn't look good for the champion.
Joey: Cane Deathscream going for the chokeslam... a low blow! TC hits a low blow!
Flec: Deathscream releases the hold, another low blow! That gotta hurt!
Joey: But the big man isn't down. He's teetering, but he isn't down! TC grabs the chair and hits right between the eyes! But Deathscream is still standing! What does it take?
Flec: Looks like TC has got a plan. He sets the chair down behind Deathscream... and a leg sweep! Deathscream lands on the chair!
Joey: TC goes up to the top turnbuckle. Five star frog splash coming up!
Flec: He spends a moment to take in the cheers, it may cost him!
Joey: He's up... and he lands it perfectly! On Cane Deathscream who is on the chair! This one is over! Cover, hooks the leg. One, two, three! TC wins and retains the title!
Flec: Cane Deathscream gave him a run for his money, which I may add surprised me. But in the end, TC retains, with authority!
Joey: I'm can't say who could be named as the best hardcore champion in AWF history but I can say that TC is right up there. He gave his all and he's got the hardcore title to prove it!

As "Worms of the Earth" plays the second time that night TC celebrates his victory holding the hardcore title over his head. Holding his back TC heads for backstage while Deathscream is still trying to get on his feet inside the ring

Backstage

Tempest and Divebomb are sitting in the GPA locker room playing Kill Switch. We hear the door open from off-camera, and Divebomb stops for a moment, then pauses the game and puts down his controller, standing up.

Divebomb: "Well well well…not to throw out a cliché, but I think I've seen a Ghost."

The camera pulls back and it's Vin Ghostal, gold baseball bat and all, and he and Divebomb share an enthusiastic hug.

Ghostal: "It's good to be back, D, but I was never dead, you know that. That idiot Maximus did his best when he buried me under six feet of dirt, but he didn't get the job done. And you are?"

Tempest stands up, towering over the 3-time Heavyweight Champion.

Tempest: "AWF Lord of the Mat. 2003 Rookie of the Year. Newest member of the G.P.A. You can call me Tempest."

Ghostal: "Mmm, must not have gotten the memo. Anyway, D, as I was saying, when Maximus…"

Tempest: "They call me the Human Bulldozer."

Ghostal: "Am I talking to you, boy?"

Tempest: "Who you callin boy, little man?"

Ghostal: "You see, Bomb, this is what happens. The king leaves his kingdom for too long and the servants start to get shifty."

Tempest: "I don't know who you think you are, man, but you don't impress me. I don't care how many times you've been AWF Champion. As long as you did it before I got here, it doesn't mean sh*t to me."

Ghostal: "Let me tell YOU something…"

Divebomb (stepping between the two): "Guys, guys, GUYS! Take it down a notch. You two are on the same team now. Don't forget, GPA For Life, man."

Ghostal: "You're right, you're right. But listen, Tempest: you stay out of my way, I stay out of yours. Just make sure you're watching the monitor when V.3. is in the ring. You just might learn something."

Tempest: "Oh, I will. I might even learn how to beat you."

Leaving the room, Ghostal starts to turn like he's ready to fight, but continues on and leaves as we cut away.

The camera cuts Bombshell and Arcee’s locker room. They are both still visibly shaken after the events that happened earlier in the program. Suddenly the door opens, and in comes Y3B Blaster. Blaster walks up to stare Bombers in the eye as Arcee looks on

Blaster: “Well, well well. Look at you. All crybaby over the fact that you beat a man to death. One has to wonder how you managed to last in this company all this time if you get all weepy whenever someone gets horribly injured…”

Bombshell holds up his hand to cut off Blaster’s remark

Bombshell: “Jinrai wasn’t horribly injured. I set the guy on fire. Sure, we had our differences, but I didn’t think he was that badly hurt. And if you weren’t such a soulless son of a b*tch, you’d realize how much this company is going to suffer without good men like him.”

Blaster scoffs

Blaster: “Good riddance. So what if Jinrai’s gone? As long as this company has me as its champion, this company is going nowhere but up.”

Bombshell: “Not for long. Y’see, I talked to Reilly over the weekend, and since he thought I did a good job in the Inferno match, that he said I could get a shot at the AWF Championship against whoever won the match at Edge Of Survival.”

Bombshell takes a moment to admire the gold strap resting on Blaster’s shoulder

Bombshell: “I guess that’s you.”

The two former allies stare at each other for several seconds before Blaster walks off in a huff. As the champion leaves, Bombshell breaks out into a grin.

**COMMERCIAL**
AWF Press Office
Protoform

After the commercial break, we find Vin Ghostal wandering the halls, looking pissed off after his confrontation with GPA member Tempest. As he rounds a corner, he bumps shoulders with Xille and knocks the rookie aside.

Xille: "Hey, man, watch where you're going!"

Looking back over his shoulder with a heinous look in his eye, Ghostal says nothing…he just rears back and kicks Xille squarely below the belt, and the rookie crumples to the floor! Pulling out his golden baseball bat, Ghostal stands over Xille and points the bat right at his face.

Ghostal: "I am NOT in the mood."

With that, Ghostal turns and leaves Xille on the floor, just as Xille sits up looking furious!

On the Couch, with Auntie Slag!

The horn section kicks in to introduce tonight's stylish show. Auntie slides out from backstage like a finely ruptured spleen wearing Gautier, with a slightly askew Paul Smith tie worn fashionably loose (of course)! He blows kisses to the throngs of fans.

Auntie: “Darlings hello, oh how I’ve missed you”!

The house band bring it on home to a roaring crescendo and Auntie gives them a little clap for their hard work.

Auntie: “Aren’t they divine? My house band ladies and gentlemen. Oh such wilful blowhards each and every one of them.... which leads me tenuously onto tonight's special guest. Yes luddites and germs tonight's man is a man of revility, revulsion, revolution and rapscallion-ism. A rascally retched (intentional typo), repugnant raucous rude ratty runt of a rat fink that is Vin Ghostal!!!!

Lots of boos and hisses from the audience as the Joisey Bunny makes his way out. As always he appears cold, ruthless and cunning. To make a point he pulls out his trusty gold bat and shakes it violently toward the hecklers. They double their resolve at him, and it seems as if the place is going to go off big time!
Thinking quickly, and without any thought to his own personal safety, Auntie intervenes. First he presses a button, giving each audience member a mild electric shock, then he stands up and pointing to his guest roars thunderously:

Auntie: “Vincent, cease groping your appendage this instant. There’s a time and a place for love like that. Save it for Viewfind”.

Angered by this newcomer to AWF history, Ghostal lets the comment slide. He deftly twirls the goldmember like a baton and sheathes it in his specially made shoulder holster.

Auntie: “Vin, Vincent, Vincenzo, Vinny G, the G-Man. I have sooo many questions to ask you, not least of which being that lame reply you gave to my associate John Couchman. Honestly.... travelling from country to country.... training under different masters of wrestling? Didn’t that just come straight out of a Batman comic? Tell us the truth Vin, where were you really? Did D-Next pay you off to sit out a spell? were you tending to needy children in Zambia? consoling Justin? scared of Brave Max? trying out an alternative lifestyle? spill it daddy-o”.

Ghostal: "You’re lucky I like you, A.S., or I’d reach over and slap the taste out of your mouth. You know how V.3. rolls…I travelled to every corner of the globe, visiting every genius of professional wrestling that’s walking or rolling or crawling across God’s green earth today. And let me tell you, their expertise was not wasted. I recall a former world Champion who’s now living in Budapest told me that I was the greatest student he’s ever taught. I won the AWF Championship three times before I left…can you even imagine what’s going to happen now? I’m stronger, faster, and in the best shape of my life. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it."

Auntie: “You made a very grandiose return last week, and I’ve got to say, what did it feel like assisting the Game? knowing that HBK wouldn’t turn around to see what was behind him, surely you must have felt an intense glee”.

Ghostal: "Any time I can cause the Homo Bang Kid any kind of misfortune, it’s a victory in my book. The fact that it helped The Lame makes me sick to my stomach, but I can’t say it wasn’t worth it. The fact that those two have been beating each other from pillar to post just tickles me, I gotta tell you. Once I left, those two had no one to hate but each other. It just proves that the entire feud between D-Next and I was based entirely upon jealousy on their part. They wanted to be Vin Ghostal, and their jealousy fuelled their anger, but once their target was on hiatus, their self-loathing was turned against them."

Auntie: “And of course it was very big of you to eliminate Morpheus in such a cruel and sadistic way. That guy had been in the rumble the longest and you pick him off like a jackal. Would you say that was all thanks to your intensive masterful months of training, or are we mistaken and that’s actually yellow on your belly”?

Ghostal: "Yellow? All I can see is gold. And so what if I eliminated Morpheus after he'd been in the ring for who-gives-a-flying-**** how long? Are we throwing a pity party here? If Morpheus has any complaints to make, he should be complaining to his parents for handing him genes so inferior to mine. The man's a waste of space. Every time he's on AWF television, the fans are deprived of five or ten minutes that should have gone to talent like myself or the G.P.A. During my travels around the world, I would turn on AWF TV from time to time, and every time I saw that hideous masked face, I knew it was high time for a bathroom break. You want ratings? You're looking at the man who can bring them. You want to lull fans to sleep? Give the Cow a call."

Auntie: “Now lets cast our minds back some, back to those halcyon days when Wrestling was a gentlemanly sport. You’ve had many nemesi (that’s plural that is), over the days of yore, any fond memories of those? any personal favourites where you sit at home and rewind the scene where you smashed some witless wonder through ten ladders suspended over glass balanced atop a vat of vinegar and pirañas”?

Ghostal: "I can’t lie. As much as he may freak me out with his, shall we say, sexual advances, the Heart Brend Kid has always been a worthy opponent for ol’ V.3. He may have beaten me by one fall at ArchiveMania II, but at the first Mania, I got the best of him 2 out of 3 falls. So according to my scorecard, the score is tied right now between HBK and I, but with my new-found skills coupled with the five months I’ve had to recuperate, the Vegas odds-makers are giving HBK 10 points on the line the next time we meet."

Auntie: “Yourself and the GPA; who’s the butch and the bitch”?

Ghostal: "Crude remarks like that will get you nowhere. The only bitches involved in the relationship I have with the GPA are those we hire after we're done maiming whatever gutter trash the AWF bookers put in our collective path. A lot's been made of who's really in charge between Viewfind and I, but rest assured that he and I have an understanding. The man has had a great deal of success while I’ve been gone. That should speak for itself."

Auntie: “As Blaster pointed out, you lost to Redstreak. REDSTREAK! I have no questions about this, I just wanted to point it out”.

Ghostal: "I could point out your glaring need for plastic surgery, but I won't, because unlike you, I'm a gentleman of the highest order. I'll spell this out very simply so you'll gather: I NEVER LOST TO REDSTREAK. NEVER. The entire match was nothing more than a grand conspiracy to force V.3. into retirement! Everyone was in on the scandal: the referee, the timekeeper, the ring announcer, upper management, the hot dog vendors, everyone had a hand in the biggest crime in wrestling history. Bret Hart's got nothing on me."

Auntie: “So now that you’re back, what’s on the immediate agenda for Vinny G. Strafe? Morpheus? 91? er.... Cyberstrike?

Ghostal: "I can’t believe you even bothered to bring up The Game. I beat the man and took his AWF Heavyweight Championship. He had to commit a felony to steal it back. Strafe is so irrelevant I don’t think I can even put it into words. Cyberstrike annoys the hell out of me, and he always has, and that’s a bridge I’ll cross soon enough. And as for Morpheus…my only problem with him is that he is a waist of time and space. If he actually has the guts to bring it to Vin Ghostal, more power to him. It’s his hospital bill."

Auntie: “I picked up on the following in one of your press statements to the GPA: I haven't forgotten how you guys left me high and dry at ArchiveMania last year, when I need you most. Anything... familiar about that? might this be a character flaw? should O’Con place an embargo on headache pills again”?

Ghostal: "You bring up Brend again, and I’ll make sure your mother won’t be able to recognize you the next time you go home for Christmas. Yeah, I admit, I was upset last year when the GPA sold out to D-Next, but let me tell you something, we’ve patched up our differences. This is a business for them, first and foremost. I got careless, and for that, I paid a price."

Auntie: I see that newcomer Xille is ‘up in your grill’, to use the parlance of the GPA. Truly he speaks with a warriors tongue, but will you ever test his warriors heart? By the way I’m not talking about man-love, I mean will you face him in the ring, no wait... I mean will you challenge him to a wrestling match”?

Ghostal: "Let me tell you something right off the bat, there’s no point in a match between Xille and I, because he is not, and will never be, anywhere near my level. That said…the kid’s got some moxie, I’ll give him that. He didn’t back down when I told him to shut his yap about the G.P.A. He knows who I am and what I’ve done in this business, and he hasn’t backed down. I respect that, because I remember being a rookie myself. But let me tell you this right now, Xille, because I know you’re watching. Don’t…piss…me…off. Don’t make me do to you what I did to Cosmotron. Ask a veteran who he is...and exactly what I did to him."

Auntie: “Indeed. Now perhaps for my most tantalising question; Vin, apparently the millions you hid in the Nevada desert inside the jade monkey can only be found with a map that is now in the hands of a Playboy model who likes doing it with wrestlers, and her name is.... OH NO! Someone yelling in my earpiece is telling me there’s some commotion backstage. Not to worry, I’m sure my security staff will see to it and.... no, he’s managed to rout them! He coming through, he’s right.....-

“HERE”! hisses a new voice.

Morpheus appears, the atmosphere turns electric and the crowd roar.

Auntie: “Good lord, Morpheus! and how may I ask did you get past my shuriken wielding Japanese schoolgirls”?

The enigmatic Morpheus says nothing, merely content to stare at the talk show host. Slowly he turns his gaze toward Ghostal.

Ghostal: “Yeah? and that’s supposed to scare me is it? Say something you freak”.

A tense silence ensues. The crowd shift their collective gaze between the two combatants. Auntie senses trouble. Morpheus’ hands twitch, Ghostal eases off the couch... suddenly Morpheus leaps savagely at his quarry, only to be grabbed in mid-air! Strong hands pull him back and he turns like a wild animal to rip off the head of.... Xille!

The plucky little newcomer falls onto his back beneath Morpheus’ weight, and with his life flashing before his eyes spurts out some words;

Xille: “Whoa whoa, ease up man, its me! Ghostal’s a punk, take him in the ring, IN THE RING. You’ll accomplish nothing here. Waste him for gold, GOLD and redemption! Here’ you’ll just get a long prison sentence.
Morpheus *with a broken voice*: “Do you have any idea what he did to me? That win was MINE! My future, my life”.

Behind them Ghostal laughs evilly.

Ghostal: “Oh bitch bitch bitch! save your life story for the TV Movie crowd you washed up old cow. I face you, I break you. Try it again and i’ll break you again, its that simple. But in the meantime; how’s about you and your ladyfriend do us all a favour and get a room”.

Xille: “Ok fine, lets kill him”.

They get up and head towards Ghostal, who quickly pulls out his bat.

Ghostal: “Batter up”!

At that moment the Japanese schoolgirls rush onto the set behind the valiant Morpheus and Xille, Auntie quickly initiates Plan B.

Auntie: “Ninja strippers, TO ME”!!!

In a flash of lightning, 17 lycra clad busty Russian Ninja’s explode onto the set and place themselves between Ghostal and Morpheus/Xille. As if things could get any more heated, an incredible flame of fire shoots above the entire company. The crowd squeal and duck under their seats. Auntie stands before them all brandishing the flame-thrower and a mean Cuban cigar.

Auntie: “Hey, if anyone’s gonna take anyone to a room, its gonna be ME!

The congregation stands silent. Confident at winning things back, AS continues:

Auntie: “Well folks I’m afraid that’s all we’ve got time for. As you can see ol’ Ghostal sure makes an impression on this fed. Will he retake the gold? Will Morpheus realise his destiny? Will Xille open up a can o’ whoop-ass on the goldbricker? Will I win the contract from Estee Lauder and kick Liz Hurley’s rapidly sagging butt onto the street? All this and more can be seen in the wonderful, the gorgeous AWF. Thank you and goodnight!

The house lights come down and the band plays a Jazz-funk blend of Spandau Ballet’s ‘Gold’ as the end credits roll and we change seamlessly into a new commercial for Cyberstrike-shaped doggy treats.

Sixswitch & xille vs. Viewfind & Ravage

RA: The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from Philadelphia and Vermont respectively, they represent the G.P.A….Viewfind and Ravage!

JFA: “This should be quite a tag team contest, and you gotta wonder how much Sixswitch has his head into this match, considering that he’s only six weeks away from his chance to capture the AWF Heavyweight Championship.”
JHA: “Unless he’s on something, he better have his mind here, or the G.P.A.’s gonna make sure he never makes it to ArchiveMania!”

Just then, “Like This Like That” hits and Sixswitch and Xille burst through the curtains, nod to one another and slowly make their way to the ring, and Sixswitch hops in to start things off with Viewfind.

JFA: “Collar and elbow tie-up, and Homeslice pushes Sixswitch back into the corner. Homeslice releases the move, and a slap to the face of Sixswitch! Six misses a right hand but turns…swift kick to the jaw! Viewfind is down..1….2…and a shoulder up, and Viewfind out to the floor already.”
JHA: “Take a walk!”
JFA: “Quite a bit of history between these two…Six and Viewfind met at ArchiveMania last year in the opening match for the Intercontinental Title, with Viewfind escaping with a very controversial countout victory.”
JHA: “What was controversial about it?”
JFA: “Don’t get me started…Viewfind back in now, and a tag to the big man. Six moving around a bit nervously, perhaps a little intimidated by the towering Big Daddy Rav. They lock horns, and ouch! Rav with a big chop! And another! Another! Another! Rav backing Six into a corner…and a big reverse elbow right to the chops! Rav wraps him around the waist…belly to belly! A cover gets 2 before a kickout.”

Using his power to his advantage, Rav sends Six into the ropes, then scores with a Stinger Clap that knocks the high-flyer down. Dragging him over to the corner, Rav stuffs his boot into Six’s throat and chokes him out until the referee breaks it up. Sending Six into the ropes again, Rav tries for a big boot, but Six ducks it and dropkicks the other knee, bringing Rav to the mat! Six hits the ropes and scores with the Rolling Thunder, then goes for a cover but gets two. Rav gets back to his feet, and Six rains down a series of kicks to the sides and legs until Rav staggers back into their corner. Six makes the tag to Xille, who comes in and unleashes a barrage of lefts and rights into the midsection of Rav.

JHA: “You’ve gotta be kidding me! There’s no way that rookie midget has a chance against Rav!”
JFA: “Don’t count Xille out, Jay. This kid’s shown a lot of promise.”
JHA: “Yeah, and I PROMISE you he’s about to get his ass handed to him in a doggie bag.”

As Rav staggers out of the corner, Xille leaps up onto the top rope and scores with a flying dropkick! Xille goes for a cover, but Rav kicks out so hard that he sends Xille straight through the ropes and out to the floor! While Rav argues with the referee, Viewfind drops off the apron, picks up the steel steps, and dents them over Xille’s back! The rookie screams in pain and Viewfind rolls him back in for the kill.

JFA: “Thanks to that blantant cheating, the GPA’s back in control.”
JHA: “Cheating? Where? When?”
JFA: “Rav with the tag and here comes Viewfind…sends Xille into the ropes…Tilt A Whirl backbreaker! A cover…1…2…and a kickout. Viewfind now just choking the rookie out…referee breaks it up. Viewfind with a series of angry stomps, then just drives the elbow into the throat. Viewfind sends Xille into the ropes…sleeperhold! A sleeper, and the rookie is fading!”
JHA: “What did I tell you?”
JFA: “Leaving aside the fact that Rav needed Viewfind and the steel steps to soften Xille up…referee checking the hand…drops once…twice…and no! Xille’s still in it! Elbow…another…a third…Xille off the ropes…flips…hurricanrana! Viewfind back up…dropkick to the face! Xille crawling to the corner…makes the tag to Sixswitch!”

Sixswitch rushes across and nails Rav before he can make the tag, knocking him off the apron. A house of fire, Six sends Viewfind into the ropes and scores with a spinning heel kick! Bringing Viewfind into the corner, Six scores with a monkey flip, then goes to the top rope, looking for the Technophobic, but before he can do it, Ravage runs around the ring and shoves Six off, and the high-flyer lands junk-first on the top rope, straddling it! Rav climbs in the ring and drags Viewfind over to their corner, but meanwhile Xille slaps the fallen Sixswitch on the back, rolls Rav up, and gets the 1…2…..3 for the victory! “Boysetsfire” kicks in and the man that calls himself “The Future” rolls from the ring with his hands raised in victory!

JHA: “What?!? What the hell was that?!?”
JFA: “Xille with great presence of mind, making the tag and catching the veteran Ravage by surprise!”
JHA: “No way that just happened!”
JFA: “Xille catching his breath on the ramp…look out! Look out! Wham! Wham! Ravage just dented a steel chair on the back of Xille’s head! The match is over, dammit!”
JHA: “Nuh uh, it’s just getting started!”
JFA: “Ravage dragging Xille to his feet…I don’t think he’s even conscious…no, don’t do it! Don’t…Hangover! Hangover! The inverted F-5 on the goddamn steel ramp!”
JHA: “I love it!”
JFA: “Oh, yeah, Ravage should be very proud of himself. Another typical assault from the GPA. And you gotta wonder how badly Xille has been injured. That’s a career-shortening move right there.”
JHA: “Here come the EMT’s!”
JFA: “The EMT’s rushing out to give medical attention to Xille…no! Ravage has one of the EMT’s…chokeslam on the ramp! No! Damn him! He’s got another…big right hand! And what’s he doing? Ravage placing Xille on the stretcher…he’s…he’s taking him away!”
JHA: “Now THIS is great TV!”

Ravage pulls the stretcher to the top of the ramp, then stands behind the stretcher and raises his hand in victory as Xille, bleeding from the back of his head, lies motionless

**COMMERCIAL**
AWF Press Office
Protoform

Lisa Lovelace stands in the centre of the ring, microphone in hand. In her other hand she holds a set of cue-cards that she is obviously uncomfortable with. Reading nervously from the cards, she begins.

LL: “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, mindless sheep of all ages, at this time you are expected to put your hands together, get up on your feet and show the necessary level of respect that should be afforded to somebody of the stature of my next guest. Please pray welcome for the greatest AWF star in history.”

It’s time to play the game
Yeahahaha

The crowd leap up in an explosive display of appreciation for the Game, but as the guest steps through the curtains, the music swiftly changes.

Now has come the day that I take the lead
And I make you follow
Toast the champion, ‘cause I came for greed
And not for tomorrow
If it feels good
Then it feels good and I do it all day
You want me to play
You best bring your brain
You best bring your money

The Civic Center is suddenly filled by jeers of derision as the HeartBrend Kid cockily struts his way down the aisle, clutching a piece of paper in his hand and strangely lacking his two usual bodyguards. As he walks the ramp, the camera pan around the arena, picking out fans showing their disrespect, but also noting several holding such placards as “Beat the Game at his own,” “Still better than Ghostal” and “He sucks, but at least he’s not Cyberstrike.”

Lovelace waits for the music to fade away before putting her first question to HBK.

LL: “Sean O’Con, you said you wanted to come out and make an announcement, but first off I have to say – I’m very surprised that you’re out here alone. Especially after the events of Edge of Survival, and knowing that the Game is here tonight.”

HBK: “One: You don’t ‘have’ to say anything – and I’m sure the people will appreciate your silence. Two: I never gave you permission to call me Sean. The only events of Edge of Survival that have any bearing here are the fact that I didn’t win the Rumble. And I’ve got nothing to fear from the Game, so why the hell should I need bodyguards?”

LL: “Maybe because Erik Summers may be slightly angry at the way you eliminated him from the Rumble?”

HBK: “Whatever.”

LL: “You’d already been eliminated fairly, but you felt the need to interject yourself back into the match. Why?”

HBK: “Why? Why?! Because everybody here knows, whether they like to admit it or not, that the HeartBrend Kid was the only person in that match worthy of going on to ArchiveMania. I mean what’s the biggest show of the year without the biggest star in the main event? Nothing. Now, I can cope with not being in the title match – I already know I’m the best, so I don’t need gold to prove it. And, hey, I can even cope with Sixswitch being there – I taught him everything he knows, so really he’s the next best thing. But I’d already proven I’m better than the Game by beating him one, two, three clean in the middle of the ring – but the mere notion of him winning the Rumble was farcical. So, for the good of the company, I went back in and took him out.”

LL: “For the good of the company…”

HBK: “Exactly. What kind of message does it send out to the rest of the world if the AWF Rumble is won by a man who got his ass handed to him comprehensively on that very same night? It’s laughable. I was merely acting to protect the AWF’s public image.”

LL: “Well, be that as it may, there’s been some concern about the fact that you’ve not yet answered the Game’s challenge for another match.”

HBK: “Not from me, there hasn’t. I’m not concerned about the fact in the slightest.”

LL: “Are you going to answer that challenge?”

HBK: “Why should I? Since I came back, I’ve proven every step of the way that I’m better than him. And that culminated at Edge of Survival when I pinned him clean. I’ve got nothing more to prove here – everybody knows that I’m the better man right now. Just like everybody knows that he was the better man at Lord of the Mat. But HE is the one who asked for the match at Edge of Survival. HE was the one who couldn’t handle the fact that I own him lock, stock and two shmokin’ barrels. He could have just left it be, with his one mark in the win column. But no, he begged for the match – and I proved that I’m the better man. If he can’t handle it, that’s his problem. I’m washing my hands of him and moving on to bigger and brighter things. And that was the reason I came out here.”

LL: “The reason you came out here is to say that you’re not accepting the challenge?”

HBK (gesturing emphatically with the paper in his hand): “I came out here to tell the world that I’m moving on. I’m not going to live in the past anymore. I’m letting bygones be bygones, and as far as I’m concerned, I need never concern myself with that waste of space Summers again.”

Fuel’s Won’t Back Down blasts from the speakers suddenly as the Game strolls through the curtains clutching a microphone.

Game: “Really? You care to take a wager on that, Sean?”

Lovelace can be seen to visibly smile as the HeartBrend Kid’s face turns to stone. Summers starts a slow, paced walk down the ramp.

HBK grabs the microphone from Lisa’s hand and points up the ramp, still holding the rolled-up paper.

HBK: “Whoa! Hold on just a moment, Sparky. You really don’t wanna come in here.”

Game: “Don’t I? And why would that be?”

HBK: “Because of this.” He unfurls the piece of paper as Summers stops outside the ring. “Lisa, sweety, why don’t you tell your favourite boy-toy out there what this little bitty piece of paper is.”

Lovelace takes the document and starts to read it, her smile drooping as she takes it in.

HBK: “Erik, buddy. You really think I’d expect you to just accept the fact that it’s over? We all know you can’t accept the fact that this is my game. We’ve been playing by my rules, and I say when it’s over. I knew you wouldn’t be able to deal, so I took steps to make sure that everything is nice and final. Tell him what it is, cutie.”

Lisa leans in to the microphone. “It’s a restraining order, Erik.”

The Game looks up to the rafters in disbelief. “You son of a…”

HBK: “Ah, ah – temper. Sorry, dude, but it was the only way I could make you follow the rules. You come within fifty feet of me in a non-match environment, and you’ll be spending the night in jail, which I hear is a very uncomfortable place. And no, I’m not talking the back of a Volkswagen.”

Furious, Summers leaps up onto the ring apron, apparantly ready to test the theory.

HBK: “Game’s over, E. I win. But there’s one little bonus round still to play. Once this document comes into effect, you can’t lay a finger on me. But I’m a fair man – it doesn’t technically start until I step out of this ring. One last chance, E. Y’wanna play?”

Moving quickly, O’Con grabs the restraining order back from Lovelace and grabs her head, nailing her fast with the HDD. Summers springs between the ropes, but before he can get to them, O’Con has rolled across the ring and is out under the bottom rope. Shrugging his shoulders, he smiles broadly and winks at his former friend, leaving the Game to seeth as he tends to the fallen interviewer.

Backstage

Divebomb is walking down the hall when he passes Mr Reilly coming out of his office.

Divebomb: “Hey!”

Reilly: “Hey? Don’t ‘hey’ me. I write your damn paycheck.”

Divebomb: “When am I gonna get some gold back around my waist? I miss the gold.”

Reilly: “Really? Well, that’s good, because you’ll get a chance tonight.”

Divebomb: “At last! Finally the NWA get another shot at Blood & Thunder.”

Reilly: “Who said that?”

Divebomb: “You said that they’re going to be defending the belts tonight.”

Reilly: “And they are. But not against you.”

Divebomb: “Then what…”

Reilly: “I really don’t have time for this. TV Title shot – you against Nmat. Now! Go!”

TV Title:
The Mat Man (c) vs. Divebomb

Back in Black begins to play…

JRA: The following contest is scheduled for one fall with a 10 minute time limit and its for the AWF TV Title…making his way to the ring area from Madison, Wisconsin…he is the AWF TV Champion, the Mat Man, Nmathew!

JFA: Tremendous ovation for the TV Champion…and HEY! The NWA! P? and Divebomb…obviously neither are pleased about the fact that they won’t be going for AWF Tag Team gold here tonight…and the NWA laying the boots to the Mat Man!

JHA: What is that referee doing?

JFA: About time!

JHA: Why is he sending P? to the back?

JFA: Cause P? has no place out here…the referees and security getting him out of here, but not before he nails the mark…right on the steel ramp!

JHA: Guess we’ll have a new champion here…oh well, maybe I should get a taco…

JFA: I don’t even know if Divebomb wants the title…dragging Mat to the ring now, Divebomb tosses him in and grabbing a chair…what…what in the name of…no…DON’T!

JHA: FORE!

JFA: MY GOD! Divebomb just scrambled Nmathew’s brains with that chair shot…and the referee was still tied up with P? didn’t see a damn thing…Divebomb now with a second chair shot and Nmat is out like a light…but…HEY!

JHA: REF!!!

JFA: Blood and Thunder…coming to get them some of Divebomb! From out of the crowd, Zarak levels Divebomb with a HUGE clothesline! Now setting him up…and here comes The Highway! Divebomb hit with the one-two combo…Zarak draping Nmat across the fallen Divebomb and B & T are sliding from the ring, the referee now seeing the cover sprinting to the ring…1…2…3! Nmathew retains!

JHA: DID HE MISS ALL THAT?!?

JFA: Like the NWA played fair? PLEASE!

JHA: Whatever, Mr. Reilly better do something about this!

JFA: The Mat Man remains the champion…we’ll be right back!

Backstage

Keith Kincaid is trying to get into the medical area to check on Lisa Lovelace, but before he can get close, the Game gets up in his face and pushes the camera way, slamming the door shut.

StoneCold Skywarp vs. D-Extreme vs. Cyberstrike

Joey: “Got an interesting triple threat match coming up, ‘Flec.”

‘Flec: “I wouldn’t exactly call anything involving Skywarp or Cyberstrike ‘interesting’, Styles.”

"Immortal" by Adema plays as Cyberstrike makes his way down to the ring, enduring the tidal wave of boos from the crowd. “Immortal” fades as "X Gonna Give It To You" by DMX and “Cowboys from Hell” by Pantera each get their fifteen seconds of play, signaling the arrival of both D-Extreme and StoneCold Skywarp.

‘Flec: “I’m going to sleep. Wake me up when this snore fest is over, K Styles?”

Joey: “Hm…maybe I’ll do the audience a public service and won’t…”

‘Flec: “Yeah, yeah. You’re mom’s a whore and Bob’s your uncle and all that stuff. Lemme get some sleep, will ya?”

Joey: “Hmm…guess that means I’ll be handling this alone, folks. And now Skywarp getting into the ring…and the double team assault by D-Extreme and Cyberstrike…apparently deciding that the Stone Cold one is a common enemy…but now Warp battling back…you gotta hand it to the guy, folks. He goes into a potential two on one situation with nothing but the shirt on his back and the grit and determination of a true champion.”

‘Flec: “But mommy! I don’t wanna go to school today!”

Joey: “Please forgive my broadcast colleague…or not. It doesn’t really matter to me, folks. And now Warp focusing in on Cyberstrike, having exchanged some words the past few days.”

‘Flec: “Mmm…I’d sure like to exchange something with that fine piece of tush.”

Joey: “Um…right. And now D-Extreme coming from behind Warp as he was exchanging fists with Cyberstrike…school boy…not even a one count. And now Cyberstrike picking up the fallen Warp…looking for a powerbomb…but D-Extreme with a quick clothesline, sending Cyberstrike down…but Warp giving D-Extreme a quick kick to the gut…and a Stone Cold Stunner!”

‘Flec: “Oh, yeah. Stun me baby. Oh, yeah!”

Joey: “And now Cyberstrike getting up…and a Stone Cold Stunner by Warp! And a cover…and wait a minute! Cloudstrifer and Gruff! What are they doing out here?!”

‘Flec: “Oh, yeah, baby! Three way!”

Joey: “And now they’re heading for the ring…Warp taking notice…heading out to meet them…and now exchanging fists with Cloud. Warp’s had problems with him before, folks.”

‘Flec: “I don’t have any problems. I’m fully functional…in every way.”

Joey: “And now Warp tossing Cloud into the ring…following him in…a boot…and a Stone Cold Stunner! But Gruff from behind…with the chair…right into Warp’s head!”

‘Flec: “Oh, yeah!”

Joey: “Ref’s calling for the bell now…guess this match is over…”

‘Flec: “Hey, that was a nice nap. I miss anything good?”

Joey: “And now Gruff laying down the boots to the fallen Warp…and now Cloud is joining in…but wait, here comes D-Extreme and Cyberstrike.”

‘Flec: “Wow. Looks like we got all the village idiots in the same place. Now all we need is a megaton bomb, and that will make the day complete.”

Joey: “And Cyberstrike exchanging punches with Cloud…Gruff exchanging fists with D-Extreme…this has disintegrated rather quickly, folks. The match is over before it even began, and these four guys are still going at it. Two of these guys weren’t even supposed to be in the match!”

‘Flec: “You woke me up for this?! What did I ever do to you to deserve this, Styles?!”

Joey: “Oh, if only I had the time to explain in detail…and now Warp grabbing the chair Gruff had brought in…and now smashing it over Gruff’s head! And doing the same to Cloud…both of them crumpling to the mat. And now D and Cyberstrike are coming over to thank Warp…but Warp with a boot to both their guts…and a DOUBLE STONE COLD STUNNER!”

‘Flec: “Oh, god. This is boring. I don’t know why you woke me up.”

Joey: “You woke yourself up, idiot. You can blame all your problems on me, you know.”

‘Flec: “Won’t stop me from trying, though.”

Joey: “You’re hopeless. And now Warp leaving the ring, smirking at all the carnage he’s caused. I can’t believe what he’s done here. He’s laid out four of the AWF’s most talented up and comers without any remorse.”

‘Flec: “Yeah…wonder if I can get his autograph.”

Backstage

Mr Reilly sits in his office, glancing over contracts. He hears a rap at the door and glances up.

Reilly: “Come in.”

The door swings open and the Tag Team Champions walk into the office, belts slung proudly over their shoulders.

Wolfang: “You wanted to see us.”
Zarak: “Something about feeding us some goons to destroy, if I remember correctly.”

Reilly: “Something like that, yes. Now, I know we’ve not seen eye to eye in the past, and I’d be lying if I said I was proud to have you two as Champions.”

Zarak: “Not proud to have the greatest team in the AWF as the actual champions? Shocking.”

Reilly: “That remains to be seen. The only reason I’ve not been able to get those belts off you is because, when you’ve actually seen fit to defend them, there’s been painfully few candidates of the necessary calibre to defeat you.”

Wolfang: “Because we’re the best.”

Reilly: “Of a bad bunch, it would seem. Regardless, you will defend those belts tonight.”

Wolfang: “Succesfully, I’m guessing.”

Reilly: “Joke as much as you like.”

Zarak: “We will.”

Reilly: “You’ve had those belts a long time, I admit. You’ve beaten everybody that’s been thrown in your path. But it occurs to me that, whilst you’d claim you’ve beaten the best, it’s not strictly true.”

Zarak: “It isn’t?”

Reilly: “It occurs to me that there’s one team in the AWF that you’ve never faced, let alone defeated. Arguably the most formidable team in AWF history. And you’re going to face them tonight.”

Wolfang: “Bring them on. We’ll beat anybody you throw in our way.”

Reilly: “I’m glad you’re so confident. This is going to send the ratings through the roof, I just know it. Vaccaro never would have had the vision or guts to book this match. Tonight – live on Brendan Reilly’s Mayhem – The Archive Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship will be on the line. Blood & Thunder, the champions, defend… against possibly the most formidable team in AWF history…”

Zarak: “Cyberstrike and Deathscream?”
Wolfang: “Bwaha.”

Reilly: “D-Generation Next!”

Wolfang: “Riiiiight…”
Zarak: “Whatever he’s smoking, I want some.”

Reilly: “I can see it now! The Game… The HeartBrend Kid… back together for one last hurrah. Tonight. On my show.”

Zarak: “You ARE tripping, right?”
Wolfang: “You do know that they hate each other?”
Zarak: “And you, for that matter.”

Reilly: “Oh, I’m well aware of it. But, on the face of it, it’s insane. But that little restraining order is the golden link in my plan – it means they’re not allowed to wail on each other. Meaning they’ve got no excuse but to wail on you. I’m a genius. Now get the hell out of my office!”
AWF Press Office
Protoform

IC Title #1 Contendership:
Scout vs. Tempest vs. Auros vs. The Gruff

JFA: We're here preparing for our next match.

JHA: Puppies!

JFA: Er, sure. Mr. Reilly has decided that since scout is 0-2 against, Amarant, she needs to “earn” her rematch for the coveted IC title.

JHA: Puppies!

JFA: And as I was saying, Scout's already in the rig stretching and warming up. Looks like she's taking this match very seriously.

JHA: Puppies and long legs!

JFA: Why, oh why me... Reilly's picked an interesting opponent for Scout tonight. This kid has lots of talent, but I'm surprised that Reilly would give him a shot considering the friction between himself and GPA.

Tempest appears at the top of the ramp. Sporting a GPA shirt, Tempest glares down the booing fans and pauses to exchange a kiss with a scantily clad woman at ringside.

JHA: The poor puppies. Tempest might eat her alive.

JFA: Yes, Scout has her work cut out for her.

Amarant: She has no idea.

JFA: Hey, we're being joined at ringside by the current IC title holder Ama...

AO: Look country boy. The viewers are more than acquainted with me. I've been a champ so long they can't recall what I look like without a belt.

AO pats the IC title on his shoulder, and sits in the seat JHA vacated for him.

AO: Er, thanks, I guess. As I was saying, Scout's going down in this one.

JHA: Here to scout out your competition? How I love my own puns.

AO: No, I was just bored in back. Frankly, I could hardly care less who wins. I'll take on the winner of this match and make them tap.

As Tempest slides into the ring, Scout assumes a fighting pose.

AO: Looks like the dance is about to begin.

As the ref signals for the bell, Reilly's face appears on the titatron.

“I'm back, and better than ever!”

JFA: JHA, please shut up.

As the fans boo, Reilly smiles broadly into the camera.

Reilly: I wanted to give the fans something to remember from tonight, and it finally came to me. Scout, what could be better than a one on one match for the IC title's number one contendership?

JFA: I don't like where this is going.

AO: Neither does Scout, but I do.

Reilly: The answer was simple, a triple threat match!

JHA: Reilly knows what he's doing!

JFA: Scout and Tempest seem upset at this! Scout's got one more person to worry about, and Tempest's odds just got a lot longer. No wonder Reilly allowed him in this matchup.

As his music blares across the PA system, Auros makes his was down to the ring, licking hot sauce from his fingers while staring down his opponents.

Reilly: But why should we stop there? Clearly, four is better than three, so we're going to have a quadruple threat match tonight! Scout, enjoy.

Auros spins in shock, clearly not expecting a fourth entrant, to see Gruff appear from behind the curtain.

AO: Well, maybe Reilly's not as bad as I thought. Who knows.

JFA: All four contestants in the ring. Wow, this is going to be a real slob... a real fight.

AO: Thank you.

The bell rings and all three men converge upon Scout. As they near, she lashes out with a quick kick to Gruff's knee followed with a reverse elbow on Tempest and a flurry of forearm shots to Auros.

JFA: The match just got underway, and the former IC champ is holding her own tonight. All three men are backing off, and it looks like they are reconsidering.

JHA: Puppy power!

AO: Real mistake by the guys here. They should just press their number advantage and take Scout down. She's not exactly a mat tactician, and I would know.

JFA: With a quick move, Gruff's just blindsided Tempest with a fast spear. Both men are rolling trying to gain an advantage, and they just rolled out of the ring. They're on the far side, but from the crowd's reaction, I have to assume their trying to kill each other.

AO: Gruff's a real competitor, the kind of guy I could learn to respect around here. He has fire, and he's not afraid to take on over rated people. With some luck, we'll have one less GPA member to worry about.

JHA: Saying Tempest is over rated?

AO: Rookie of the year? How long of a title reign has he had?

JFA: Good point. If he wins tonight, you'll have a chance to test your theory. Scout and Auros are tied up in the center of the ring. Auros is forcing Scout back to a corner. Once there he goes for a haymaker, but Scout ducks and fires back with some more elbows to the face.

JHA: Pup...

AO: Stop right there. Auros is getting taken to the cleaners by a woman. Missile drop kick just sent him reeling back, and now the wench is in control. Just sad...

JFA: That the same wench you needed a belt to beat, twice?

AO: Hey, I think she looks far better after getting hit in the face a few times with this belt here. Isn't that right JHA:

JHA: Actually, I think she's quite attractive...

AO: What was that?

JHA: Umm, she needed the cosmetic surgery?

AO: Very good. Oh, slick move from Auros.

As Scout went for a vertical suplex, Auros blocked the move with his leg and followed with an eye rake.

JHA: I think that thumb is still covered in hot sauce. Scout's dropped to her knees trying to wipe her eye clean. Ahhh, Scout on her knees.

JFA: Knock it off! She's a decorated AWF star not a piece of meat you sex depraved freak.

AO: No kidding. To find that attractive, you'd need to be sex depraved.

JFA: The ref isn't DQing Auros. Auros lifting the blind Scout and he hits an atomic piledriver.

As the ref begins the count, Tempest catapults himself over the top rope and into the ring. Charging Auros, he picks the man up and connects with a backbreaker to breakup the count. Lifting the stunned Auros again, he attempts his Thunder Press, but the move is interrupted by Gruff.

JHA: Gruff out of no where with a suicide plancha. He somehow managed to climb the ropes after the beating he received from Tempest outside the ring.

AO: I told you that he's going places. A possible future IC champ, but only after I give up this belt and become World Champion.

JFA: Speaking of titles, what are your thoughts on nmat having the TV title?

AO: It doesn't matter. I can retake it anytime I want. I'll just let that talentless hack parade around with it for a bit and act like he matters around here.

JFA: He beat you in a fair match.

AO: Oh sure he did. Never mind that he and Scout were clearly working together. They figured I would train for a 2 on 1 match, so they caught me off guard by having Scout sit the first one out.

JHA: How would that help them?

AO: Shut up and watch the match. Auros just did a great job of making sure Tempest won't be getting any action tonight. Lucky for him, the ref was watching Gruff land a gutbuster drop on Scout. As I was saying, they caught me off guard, then they sent Scout in fresh to try and keep her IC title. Lots of good it did them.

JFA: You're saying Scout and The Mat Man were working together when Scout tornado kicked nmat out of the ring after you got him DQed?

AO: I never said you could trust her, did I? Look, for all nmat's talk, this is his first single's title. He needed Quick Switch as a crutch the rest of his career. Do you honestly think he could have kept the hardcore title for more than 5 minutes by himself?

JFA: Auros was trying to go up top, probably to try and land a high risk move on Tempest, but he got caught by Gruff. Gruff landing hard punches to the face of Auros. I don't think Auros knows where he's at right now. Gruff's getting him up for a superplex. Great show of strength and balance by Gruff. He's holding Auros for a delayed vertical suplex. The blood rushes to the brain and could cause a blackout.

AO: Thanks for that riveting description of gravity. I know it's probably a new discovery where you come from. Up in Canada, we're taught basic science in school.

JHA: Hey good one! I'm going to have to remember that.

AO: Didn't you fail shop class? Oh neve rmind. Just zip it! You lived in New Jersey for Pete's sake! Gruff's had Auros elevated for some time. Big mistake by the kid. He should have taken advantage when he had the chance. Tempest is up and moving, also trying to climb the ropes. What the hell is he trying to do?

JHA: I can't believe this! Tempest is lifting Gruff off the rope rope taking Auros with him!

As Tempest reaches the top rope, he heaves Gruff off the ropes a few feet before dropping backwards.

holy **** holy **** holy ****

JFA: Holy ****! Tempest just hit a German suplex off the top rope while Gruff was holding Auros for a superplex! All three men are down, and Tempest is probably the only one in any condition to finish this match.

As Tempest gasps for breath on the mat, Gruff rolls back and forth holding the back of his head. Meanwhile, Auros simply presses his hand against his back and curses roundly in Spanish.

AO: Auros is done for. That's a herniated disk at best. Gruff came down hard. He managed to prevent Auros from falling on him, but his head hit the mat in the process. Oh, guess who decided to join the fight.

JFA: Scout's back to her feet. A monkey flip sends Tempest to the outside. Scout's going for the kill.

Scout pulls Auros into a sitting position and applies a surfboard. As she pulls back in Auros's arms, she places her knee firmly in the small of his back and applies pressure.

JHA: I think El Chingador has no choice but to tap. Poor guy, Scout's trying to make him a paraplegic.

AO: She'll be lucky if that's all I do to her. Ahh, once again, Gruff makes a save, not that anyone would tap to that move. He's gritting his teeth against the pain, but he landed a measured kick upside Scout's head. She might be out cold.

JFA: Cover attempt by Gruff, 1..2.. No! Scout kicks out at 2 and seven eighths

AO: Impressive, you can count past three... It was a questionable call at best. Slow count and I don't blame Gruff for arguing with the ref.

JFA: Ref's not hearing any of it.

JHA: Gruff, please turn around.

JFA: Gruff's given up on convincing the ref to change the call. Has that ever worked in the history of this business?

JHA: Gruff, turn around...

JFA: Gruff turns his attention back to Scout and lands a few boots to the midsection. Tempest comes off the apron and connects with a springboard bulldog! Who knew the big man was that dexterous?

JHA: I did. That's why I was trying to warn Gruff.

AO: Gruff isn't showing great awareness in this match. Maybe I was wrong about him.

JFA: Gruff and Auros are pretty much out of this match. Auros's back is still feeling the effects of that superplex, and Gruff is probably suffering from a concussion. I'm shocked to hear myself say this, but Tempest is doing the smart thing.

JHA: Poor El Chingador. Tempest just applied an Argentine Back Breaker.

AO: You know the name of this move?!? Hell, Tempest knows how to apply it?!?! Tempest has Auros on his shoulders and is doing a great job of trying to snap him in half.

JFA: If you keep up the play by play, I just might be out of a job.

JHA: Don't get my hopes up.

AO: Me neither.

JFA: Well, um.. The Ref is checking on Auros. It doesn't look like he's responding. The free arm is raised once, twice. Save by Scout.

JHA: Those nice long legs just cut Tempest down to size. Tempest's knee just buckled like Stone Cold Skywarp's did back in Archivemania I!

JFA: Vicious assault is being performed by Scout. Kicks, elbows, everything is going into Tempest's right thigh. Now she's applying some form of submission hold on it.

AO: It's called a racked kneeling leg lock. Basically, Scout's got Tempest's leg across her back and she's applying pressure to it like Temp was doing to Auros's busted spine. You don't know it's name because, well, it sucks. This is something I'd expect out of The Mat Man's book of 1500 holds no one ever tapped to.

JHA: Tempest won't tap. What's her game plan?

JFA: She's slowing him up. See, she just released the hold and now she's going back to Auros. She just delivered a hard boot to the side of Gruff's skull for good measure on the way too.

AO: She is tough though, I must admit that.

JFA: Scout's back to the surfboard on Auros. Gruff is out in the ring, Tempest is trying to claw his way to breakup the hold, but he can't stand.

JHA: With both hands held behind his back, Auros won't be able to tap.

AO: It's doesn't matter, pathetic hold or not. Auros is out cold from the pain. He slipped into unconsciousness as opposed to tapping, but it won't do him much good.

JFA: The ref is looking at Tempest, almost begging him to get across the ring and break the hold, but he has no choice. Tempest is 10 feet away and Auros isn't responding. He calls the match and Scout is once again in the IC title hunt! Amarant, your thoughts on the situation?
AO: My thoughts? She'll tap. I'll keep the belt. The the muck man will face me and I'll have two belts to polish. I need to start buying gold polish in economy sized amounts. Now if you'll excuse me “gentlemen,” I have important business to attend to.

Backstage
Mr Reilly is seen entering the GPA’s locker room.

Tag Team Championship:
Blood & Thunder (c) vs. D-Generation Next

Smoke on the Water fills the Civic Center as a red mist rolls down the ramp.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is for the AWF Tag Team Championship. Introducing first, making their way to the ring, they are the champions – Wolfang and Black Zarak – Blood & Thunder!”

JHA: “And this is one of the ballsiest moves I’ve been privy to in a long time.”
JFA: “Wolfang and Zarak making their way to the ring. Utterly bemused at the prospect of their opponents tonight.”
JHA: “I still can’t believe it. That Reilly thinks for even one minute that this match is actually going to go down is insane.”
JFA: “As much as I loathe agreeing with you, you’re right.”

The Champions reach the ring and set about waiting for their opponents. The lights come back up and the crowd start various chants in anticipation.

JFA: “And we’re waiting for the challengers.”
JHA: “Not gonna happen.”

Several moments elapse before the crowd break into a rousing chorus of “boring.”

JHA: “Let’s just send them home and roll on the next match, already.”
JFA: “And we’re hearing word from backstage that both the Game and HBK are still in the arena. Summers is apparantly still in the med area with Lovelace, getting her neck checked out. O’Con tried to leave the building shortly after the interview where he committed that foul attack…”
JHA: “Foul? I thought it was quite funny.”
JFA: “… but security were under instructions not to let him leave. Now we apparantly know why, but neither man is in any hurry to get out here.”
JHA: “Can you blame them? A man they both hate tells them to team up again just because he wants ratings, and you expect them to jump through the hoop?!”

I’m back. And badder than ever.

JFA: “And here comes our glorious leader…”

Shaking his head in frustration, Brendan Reilly struts through the curtain and halfway down the ramp. Blood & Thunder are seen smirking in the ring as he raises a microphone to his mouth.

Reilly: “Now. I know what you’re all thinking. BUT I promised you this match would happen, and this match will sure as hell happen!”

JFA: “I’m unconvinced.”
JHA: “I can’t believe we’re in agreement on something… this match will never happen.”

Reilly: “And the way I’m going to make sure it happens is by doing the following. If the Game and the HeartBrend Kid don’t get their miserable little asses out here right now, I’m going to suspend them both indefinitely.”

JFA: “This feels eerily familiar…”

Reilly: “But if they do, then I guarantee the Game be in a match with HBK at Redemption.”

JHA: “He can’t do that!”
JFA: “He’s the boss!”

Reilly: “And I also guarantee that the so-called Brendinio Heat will get an AWF Title shot before ArchiveMania.”

JHA: “Hoh boy.”
JFA: “That’s the golden carrot for each man, right there.”

Reilly: “But only IF they get their asses out here right now. I believe the phrase is… you have no chance to survive. Make your time.”

The AWF owner’s music starts up again as he strolls casually back up the ramp, and we…

**FADE TO COMMERCIAL**
AWF Press Office
Protoform

As we cut back to the arena, we see that both Erik Summers and Sean O’Con have arrived in the ring.

JHA: “I can’t believe that worked. He got them out here.”
JFA: “Well he promised each man what they want most… and even if they don’t believe his integrity, he threatened them with suspension, which is something he definitely won’t have been lying about.”

The two stand a fair distance from each other, neither man wanting to turn his back on the other.

JFA: “As great a team as these two men have been in the past, I can’t see them working well together here at all.”
JHA: “Well, they can’t turn on each other, due to that whole restraining order. It’s a good thing the distance limit only refers to non-match scenarios… does that physicality thing apply still, in which case?”
JFA: “What do you think I am, a lawyer?”
JHA: “Good point. You can barely open a carton of milk.”

The referee signals for the bell.

JFA: “And it looks like it’s going to be the Game starting out with Wolfang. Summers definitely unhappy about having his back to O’Con… but knowing that if he plays ball he’ll get his hands on him at Redemption.”
JHA: “Maybe. Hey, what the?”
JFA: “Okay. Collar and elbow tie-up, now. And we seem to have been joined at the commentary desk by a certain Mr O’Con.”
O’Con: “Good evening.”
JFA: “The Game with a side headlock… sent to the ropes by Wolfang… leapfrog by the Game, lands behind… and a schoolboy roll-up! Only a two-count.”
O’Con: “Of course it’s only a two-count. He’s not going to try and win this match. Get a clue. Reilly can lead us to the hoops, but we won’t jump through them.”
JHA: “Wolfang with the tag to Zarak.”
JFA: “And Summers glances around… to see that his tag team partner is nowhere to be seen. Now why could that be?”
O’Con: “Beats the hell outta me.”
JFA: “Speaking of which… you and the Game at Redemption, huh?”
O’Con: “Eh. I’ll kick his ass again. I really wasn’t planning on lowering myself to that level again, but if it must be done.”

As the Game glances around to find his partner, Zarak rushes in with a forearm blow to the face, before a quick scoop slam dumps the former AWF Champion to the mat.

JHA: “Not interested in being up there for the tag then, huh?”
O’Con: “Me? Well, you know I’d love to, but it’s not really legal.”
JFA: “Come again?”
O’Con: “Oh, if I had a penny for every time I’ve been asked to do that.”
JHA: “Heh. Don’t waste your breath, he won’t get that.”
O’Con: “It’s not doable, you goon. He can’t lay a finger on me, remember. Normally I’d love to make the tag, but if I did, he’d go straight to jail. Crying shame.”
JFA: “I don’t believe this…”
O’Con: “Believe it, bub. He won’t try to win the match, because he doesn’t want to be stuck in a team with me… but he won’t want to lose because he’s got that whole honour thing in his brain. Means Wolfy and Zarak get to pound the life out of him, meaning he’ll be easy pickings for me the next time I’m forced to face him, and I march on to my title shot without getting my hands dirty. Everyone’s a winner. Except Summers, obviously, but that’s always been the case.”

Letting the Game up briefly, Zarak backs up before darting in with a DDT. He quickly makes a tag to Wolfang before holding the Game still whilst his partner lands an elbow drop.

JFA: “Wolfang with the cover. One. Two. Shoulder comes up from Erik Summers. Wolfang pulling him up now. Front facelock clamped in… backing into the corner… tag to Zarak again. Wolfsbane! That double-arm DDT he likes so much. Zarak into the ring, now… pulls him up.”
O’Con: “Oh, just pin him already.”
JFA: “Zarak scooping him up… tombstone piledriver, perhaps… no! The Game struggling…”

Summers writhes free from the hold and drops down behind Zarak. Grabbing him in a rear waistlock he connects with a fast German suplex, before rolling through and landing a second and third.

JHA: “That’s gonna hurt…”
JFA: “A hat-trick of German suplexes from the Game! Now looking for the tag again. Realises nobody’s there.”
O’Con: “Poor baby. All alone in the world.”
JFA: “The Game lunging for Zarak, now… boot to the gut. Front facelock… snap suplex. Floats across for the cover, but gets straight up again… Wolfang into the ring… and the Game with a hard right hand takes him down. Zarak up… another hard right from the Game takes him down.”

Looking to the crowd for motivation, Summers ducks into the corner and starts stomping on the mat.

JHA: “Uh-oh. This could be trouble.”
JFA: “Sweet Chin Music coming right up… Erik Summers… lining it up on Zarak… makes the charge… no! Ducked by Zarak… what? Zarak with the waistlock… belly to back suplex… Wolfang off the ropes… CLAW OF THE DRAGON! And Blood & Thunder just devastated Erik Summers with that move. I’ve no idea who the legal man is… the referee telling them to get one man out. Wolfang leaving. And Zarak with the cover.”
O’Con: “That’s gonna be all she wrote.”
JFA: “Hook of the leg. One. Two. No! The Game kicks out.”
O’Con: “More guts than braincells, that’s our Erik.”

Hauling the Game up, Zarak sets him up and delivers the Dominator.

JFA: “Wild Stinger by Zarak. Makes the tag to Wolfang now. The Merseysider uncertain what action to take. They’ve both got respect for the Game, but have to remember they’re in a match here.”
O’Con: “Boring. Just kill him already!”
JFA: “Wolfang signalling for Zarak to stay in the ring. And the man from St Helens going to the outside. Black Zarak pulling Summers up… perches him on the shoulders. Devastation Device, maybe? Moving in close… Ragnorak!”
O’Con: “I love it! Break his neck!”
JHA: “That hurt just to LOOK at!”
JFA: “The Game driven facefirst into the canvas… the full weight of Wolfang landing on the back of his neck. That’s gotta be all over.”
O’Con: “This is the best violence-as-entertainment I’ve seen since Kill Bill.”
JFA: “Thanks for the vote of confidence in our programming…”
O’Con: “Oh, you know I don’t watch anybody else’s matches.”
JFA: “Lateral press by Wolfang. One. Two. I don’t believe it!”
JHA: “He kicked out! That’s impossible!”
O’Con: “Utter lunatic. Still, I’m not complaining. Anybody got some popcorn?”

As Wolfang looks up in disbelief, his attention is drawn by somebody coming down the ramp.

JFA: “And… oh, no. Divebomb’s out here. Obviously looking for revenge after Blood & Thunder interfered in his TV Title shot earlier tonight.”
O’Con: “Just so long as he keeps his nose out of the match. Or he can cause a disqualification, either way I’m happy.”
JFA: “Wolfang definitely distracted by his presence out there. Referee’s been drawn as well.”
O’Con: “This is not good…”
JHA: “I thought he’d never leave.”
JFA: “Sean O’Con has actually left our broadcast position now. Going around to remove the distraction of Divebomb. Referee’s attention drawn now…”
JHA: “What the? Is that Tempest?!”
JFA: “Tempest! Just hopped the security rail… and from the other side… Prowl and Viewfind are out here, too! Prowl up on the apron… just sent Zarak crashing… Viewfind stomping away now… Tempest into the ring! Referee’s distracted with O’Con, Divebomb and Wolfang!”
JHA: “This doesn’t look good!”
JFA: “Tempest into the ring… Wolfang’s not seen him… now he does! Chokeslam!! Huge chokeslam by Tempest on Wolfang. Dragging him up… and a Thunder Press! Down hard! This is uncalled for! Referee drawn by Divebomb… and an HDD!! Sean O’Con with an HDD on Divebomb out on the floor… the referee admonishing him… Prowl pounding away on Zarak on the outside… just hurled him into the security railing… Viewfind around and barges the HeartBrend Kid down to the ground…”
JHA: “It’s absolute bedlam out there! What the hell’s going on?”
JFA: “The GPA out for ultimate revenge on Blood & Thunder… either that or… oh, no… Tempest picking up the Game… Chokeslam!! And throws Summers across the body of Wolfang…”
JHA: “What on Earth is happening?”
JFA: “Reilly was seen talking to the GPA earlier… he wouldn’t have hired them to do this… surely no…”
JHA: “What? To force D-Next back together to get more ratings next week? Of course he would!!”
JFA: “Tempest out of the ring… Viewfind and HBK brawling up the ramp. Referee finally away from them… sees the two bodies in the ring… back in now… one… two… no, not like this… three! There it is! It’s over!”
JHA: “I don’t believe it…”

The sound of the bell ringing distracts the HeartBrend Kid long enough for Viewfind to send him headfirst into the steel barrier, knocking him out. Smiling at a job well done, the GPA congregate on the ramp and head back to the locker room.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the winners of this bout… and NEW AWF Tag Team Champions: The Game, Erik Summers… The HeartBrend Kid, Sean O’Con… D-Generation Next!”

JFA: “And I cannot believe what we’ve just seen. Utter, utter carnage. Zarak out cold on the floor in front of us. O’Con out cold on the ramp. Summers and Wolfang out cold in the ring. This match was an utter farce right from the outset… and then the GPA came and mugged us all. This is absolutely ridiculous.”
JHA: “As much as I hate to agree with you… this is an absolute scandal. All in the name of revenge and ratings.”

As the fans try and absorb what’s happened, Brendan Reilly casually struts down the aisle. He rounds to the timekeeper’s table and picks up the two title belts. Walking into the ring, he drapes one across the chest of the Game, before exiting and dropping one next to the prone body of the HeartBrend Kid. He gets to the top of the ramp, turns to face the crowd, blows them a kiss and walks back through the curtains.

**A Commercial plays for the AWF’s next Pay Per View event – Redemption**

AWF Championship:
Blaster (c) vs. Bombshell (w/ Arcee)

JRA: “Ladies and gentlemen… the following contest… scheduled for one fall… is for the AWF Championship!”

Powerman 5000’s “Drop The Bombshell” hits the speakers and Bombshell and Arcee appear on the Mayhem stage astride a black Harley-Davidson. The motorcycle pulls to a stop at the top of the ramp, and Bombers and Arcee both raise their right fists into the air. The reaction from the crowd is decidedly mixed.

Joey: “Here comes the challenger… accompanied by his girlfriend, no less…”
‘Flec: “What did you expect/ Bombshell to leave her in the hotel and say ‘If I’m not back in an hour, start without me’?”
Joey stares at ‘Flec
‘Flec: “That sounds like the kind of thing trash like Bombshell would say…”
Joey: “I can see why you’d know about trash… most of your jokes are garbage…”

JRA: “The challenger… accompanied by his girlfriend Arcee… from Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada… ‘THE MAD BOMBER’… BOMBSHELL!”

As Bombshell’s cycle finishes a circuit of the ring and pulls up at the bottom of the ramp, the lights die and the Y3B counter appears to a chorus of boos (and throwing of booze) from the crowd. As the counter reaches zero, ‘Headstrong’ rips through the air and Y3B stands at the top of the ramp with a smug grin on his face as he saunters to the ring.

JRA: “And the opponent… from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada… the defending AWF Champion… Y3B BLASTER!”

He points out his AWF Title to the audience, who refuse to acknowledge his prowess. He merely makes a lewd gesture involving bringing his left arm across his chest and thrusting his right arm up underneath it; slapping the inside of his right bicep with his left hand as he does so. He shouts to the crowd as he reaches the bottom of the ramp, and looks at Bombshell’s motorcycle with a grin before he looks at the Mad Bomber.

Joey: “You don’t think Blaster’s contemplating hitting the hog do you?”
‘Flec: “No… I think he might hit the cycle though…”

As the bell rings, Bombshell rolls out of the ring and Blaster runs towards the announce table. His title belt hits the floor as he hastily undoes the strap holding it around his waist. He stops at the ring post and watches as Bombshell picks up the AWF Championship and hoists it in the air with both hands.

Joey: “That looks prophetic…”
‘Flec: “My thoughts exactly…”
Joey: “I said ‘prophetic’…”
‘Flec: “Ah… sorry…”

Blaster quickly jumps into the ring and begins taunting Arcee. Bombshell tosses the belt to the timekeeper before he climbs into the ring. Blaster is quick to spot the Mad Bomber and takes a run-up to hit a dropkick into the face of the challenger. Unwisely, Blaster uses the next few seconds to display how great he is to the crowd. When he next turns around, Bombshell is there to greet him with an open hand and a chokeslam. This seems to please the crowd.

Joey: “Blaster seems to be really sold on himself tonight…”
‘Flec: “Of course he does. He’s the AWF Champion!”
Joey: “But he should be concentrating on Bombshell if he wants to walk away as champion.”

Back in the ring, Bombshell pulls Blaster up from the mat and knees him in the gut before hitting a solid bodyslam on the champion. A couple of quick elbow drops from the challenger are followed by a running leg drop attempt, which fails to connect as Y3B moves out of the way. As Bombers gets to his feet after missing the move, he is greeted by both of Y3B’s boots in his face. Blaster takes another opportunity to tell the audience how great he is as Arcee yells for her boyfriend to get up and the crowd pelt the Ayatollah with a variety of beverage holders.

Joey: “And Blaster is proving to be about as popular with this capacity crowd as the prospect of taking a bath with Starscreamer…”
‘Flec: “I’m sure there are some people who might enjoy that…”

Blaster knees Bombshell in the face as he pulls up the Maple Ridge misfit. Bombers looks slightly stunned by the move, but shows no sign of letting it slow him down as he delivers a straight right cross to Blaster’s abdomen. As Blaster doubles over, Bombshell delivers a headbutt to the cranium to disorientate his opponent. As Blaster falls to one knee, Bombshell gets to his feet and hits Y3B with an inverted atomic drop and a quick clothesline follow-up. Blaster rolls to the ropes, and Bombshell starts stomping on his former Canuck commander as the referee tries to break off the attack.

Joey: “Greg Garrett could have utilised the five-count there…”
‘Flec: “He’s biased! That idiot wants Bombshell to win the belt!”
Joey: “Why is it always a conspiracy with you?”

As Bombshell turns to yell at the ref, Blaster brings up a fist with exceptional speed into Bombshell’s joy department. The Mad Bomber doesn’t have time to double over as Y3B quickly grabs him and hits him with a sleeping neckbreaker (the Playback). Y3B follows up quickly with a series of punches to the forehead, and pulls Bombshell to his feet for a snap suplex. He plants a boot on the chest of the Maple Ridge native for a one-count.
Joey: “Very arrogant cover by the three-time AWF Champion… he shouldn’t have gone for a pin that early anyway… but regardless, that was a poor cover by Y3B.”
‘Flec: “I hate to say it, but I agree with you… you can’t keep Bombshell down with a cover like that.”

Blaster scalds the ref, extends a lewd gesture to the crowd and then walks back over to Bombshell. He starts to pull up the Mad Bomber, but as Bombshell gets to his feet he throws off Y3B’s hands and slugs him with a right fist. Y3B falls to the mat, gets quickly back to his feet and is greeted with a boot to the face. Bombshell picks up the AWF Champion and backs him into the ropes. An Irish whip attempt is reversed with a quick arm ringer and Y3B kicks Bombshell in the stomach and hits him with a DDT for a two-count. He pulls up Bombshell, hitting him a couple of swift knees to the chest and sternum as he does so. A quick snapmare take over and a dropkick follow-up precede another quick pose from the Ayatollah of Pepsi Cola.

Joey: “Y3B seems to be in control of the match… might not last long if he doesn’t keep the pressure on Bombers…”

As if taking a cue from Joey, Bombshell gets to his feet and stalks up to Y3B who is currently insulting a fan wearing a Stone Cold Skywarp 3:16 shirt and a Black Zarak: Black Death baseball cap. The crowd remain silent at the insistence of the Mad Bomber. As Y3B turns around, he walks squarely into Bombshell and a chokeslam. Bombshell throws up his fists before he grabs Y3B and sets up for the Atom Bomb. As he brings Blaster up to his shoulders, Y3B reverses the move into a hurricanranna. Bombshell hits the mat, and Blaster quickly makes a run at the ropes. He comes off with a Soundsault, but connects with Bombshell’s knees instead of his abdomen. As Y3B rolls to the outside, Bombshell gets up and stands ready to take on the Champion again.

Blaster looks at the challenger, grabs his belt and starts to walk away from the ring, shaking his head.

Joey: “Oh, I don’t believe this… Blaster can’t play fair, so he’s taking his ball and going home…”
‘Flec: “The word is ‘belt’… not ‘ball’…”
Joey: “Whatever… maybe the King of the World ought to consider showing some backbone…”

As Blaster walks up the ramp to the backstage area, he turns to the crowd and flaunts his title belt. When he turns back, King is staring directly at him. Blaster evaluates his options, and rushes back to the ring before the ref reaches ten. He is greeted with open arms by Bombshell, who shakes him like a stuffed toy with a bearhug. He drops Blaster to the mat, and signals for the Atom Bomb once more. King stands on the ramp, watching this display with something approaching mild interest. As Bombshell pushes Blaster’s head between his legs, he raises his arm again. Instead of the Atom Bomb, however, the crowd watch as Blaster backdrops Bombshell to the mat and the Mad Bomber recovers excellently with a modified sunset flip for a two-count.

Joey: “We were very close to having a new AWF Champion on that exchange…”
‘Flec: “Anywhere near Bombshell is too close for the AWF Championship…”

The two are quickly back to their feet. Blaster ducks a clothesline from Bombshell, and hits him with a facecrusher and a fast Soundsault, but before the referee can count three, Arcee dives into the ring and drags him out under the bottom rope.

Joey: “That was all over! Arcee just robbing Blaster of the victory!”
‘Flec: “Under normal circumstances, a good thing…”
Joey: “The referee berating Arcee on the outside now… distracted totally from the action inside the ring. Blaster up and angry… Bombshell rolling away to the ropes to catch his breath.”
‘Flec: “Did she just slap the official?!”
Joey: “That could cost her dearly… and… King! Into the ring… Blaster’s not seen him… SPEAR!! King with a huge spear on the AWF Champion!”
‘Flec: “He just ripped him in half!”
Joey: “Sliding out of the ring now…”

Quickly scurrying out of the ring, King runs around to the side where the referee is arguing with Arcee. Quickly patting her on the shoulder, he waves Bombshell’s valet away from the official and launches into a tirade against the man-in-stripes for the way he was treating the woman.

Joey: “King taking over on the referee now… what’s going on here? Arcee… across to the timekeeper…”
‘Flec: “Dear god… she’s got the bell! And I realise now how much I love that phrase!”
Joey: “Blaster… trying to crawl back upto his feet… Bombshell back up now… and Arcee just slides the ring bell under the bottom rope!”
‘Flec: “Looks like sombody’s about to get their bell rung, Styles… this doesn’t look good for our hero…”
Joey: “Bombshell… grabbing the bell… Y3B’s up… oh my good god! And Y3B’s straight back down again!

Blood from the Champion’s forehead splatters the mat even before the young man lands on the canvas. Hurling the bell out of the ring, Bombshell hauls Blaster back up and sets him up for a powerbomb.

‘Flec: “This has taken a turn for the worrying, Joe…”
Joey: “Arcee now… back across to King and the referee… pulling the former Champion away… motioning into the ring. Referee’s attention turned back to the match, now… this is unbelievable.”
‘Flec: “It’s like a bad dream…”
Joey: “Bombshell setting it up… powerbomb! And Blaster just driven hard into the mat. Hook of the leg… one… two… three… I don’t believe it…”
‘Flec: “Tell me this is a bad dream…”

Drop the Bombshell blares again as the Maple Ridge resident leaps to his feet in ecstacy. Arcee grabs the title belt from ringside and dives into the ring, leaping up to embrace her man as she holds the belt aloft for all to see.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match… and NEW Archive Wrestling Federation Champion… Bombshell!”

‘Flec: “Please wake me up now…”
Joey: “I would… but that’s all we’ve got time for folks… an unbelievable night – shocking new Tag Team Champions, and now a new AWF Champion – The Mad Bomber! With a little help from his friends. We’ll see you next week!”
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

(OOC: HOLY F*CKING SH*T! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I SO did not see that coming!)

Well, Blaster, what can I say? You put up a good fight. But I can safely say that we finally put to rest which one of us is the b*tch.

And now, since I got what he wants, I better prepare myself to play a little Game...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Y'see GPA? Even when I'm not at my best, Xille and I still beat you. I put it down to the endless rounds of partying I was... ahem... Forced to attend after my Royal Rumble victory. But now it seems that the belt is in the hands of a new owner. Doesn't really matter either way. Blaster, Bombshell, Ed the Talking Horse... I'll kick all their arses on the biggest stage of them all. Wrestlemania 2004, the belt is mine - And there's nothing you can do about that!
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

*plants a big kiss on Bombshell in celebration*
:D :D :D

(OOC: OMG, great Mayhem!)
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
But now it seems that the belt is in the hands of a new owner. Doesn't really matter either way. Blaster, Bombshell, Ed the Talking Horse... I'll kick all their arses on the biggest stage of them all. Wrestlemania 2004, the belt is mine - And there's nothing you can do about that!

Expect pretty much anything. I mean, yeah, you won the Royal Rumble, but what makes you think you're even in the same league as me. Hell, I just beat Blaster, and he was twice as talented as you were. (Although that's a bit of a overstatement, since you're both hacks of the highest order.)

But if you're that eager to have your ass kicked from one end of the universe to the other, why should I stop you?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

****ing ****ery ****.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Brendocon

****ing ****ery ****.

What do you know? Brend is speechless.
Originally posted by Arcee
*plants a big kiss on Bombshell in celebration*
:D :D :D

*kisses back*
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Sixbitch it don't matter cuz we had are eye on da bigger prize and da was the PHAT ASS CHECK WE GOT FROM MR.REILLY!!

awwww Poor wolffang where yo bling at?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

You had an ass check from O'Reilly? I bet he enjoyed that. The question is... Did you? Did you enjoy a funny feeling? Or was it just a mild tingling in your pocket? Either way, it doesn't matter. You keep cashing your ass checks, and I'll keep winning matches. Deal? Good.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
You had an ass check from O'Reilly? I bet he enjoyed that. The question is... Did you? Did you enjoy a funny feeling? Or was it just a mild tingling in your pocket? Either way, it doesn't matter. You keep cashing your ass checks, and I'll keep winning matches. Deal? Good.

Naw son, ya see i'm not down with all that touchy feely jazz, but the s*** you been talking over da last few days maybe you are? hell i'm sure that sucka Reilly will be mo then happy to pay ya for yo time.
Deathscream
Protoform

Post by Deathscream »

IC: TC you gutless peice of **** I'm through being nice about this
you and me one last time at the next ppv in match where brutally is the norm and where I'm at most lethal a match where a few have the courage to go in...Hell In A Cell!

I will not stop until I am the AWF Hardcore Champion!

The first X-WCW Lord of the Ring!
X-WCW TV Champion (x2)
X-WCW World Champion(x1)
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

*Ravage is found in back watching on a TV the Hangover on the chair over and over again, the rest of the GPA laughing rather loudly over it as well.*

Thats great. You got a win but did you win the war? Who got carried out by the EMT's? You did Xille, hell you didn't even get the win that duff Sixswitch did. All you got was your tiny little head smashed like a rotten pineapple.

So bitch, you know that strecher did give me a good idea, if the kind people in the office would make it. I think you and I should have a strecher match at Redemption. I mean what a fitting time place and way for me to end your career.

*Shows the Hangover in slowmo then bringing back Xille's body on the strecher*

All I can say is get use to it bitch.

*TV and sceen fade to black.*
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

OOC: That was one big hell of a Mayhem. Wel worth the wait

IC: Still me a no-show. Heh, life does suckedy.
Divebomb
Protoform

Post by Divebomb »

*The camera comes on as we see Divebomb heading out to his brand new Lamborghini Diablo as some jobber trys to catch a few words with the GPA member*

JI: "Divebomb.....Divebomb wait, I just need a few words with you."

*Divebomb holds up and waits for the guy to catch up*

DB: "Yeah what do you want?"

JI: "Well I just wanted to get an interview with you."

DB: "Yeah I figured that. What the hell did you want to ask me jackass.:

JI: "Oh right. Um...Yeah, I wanted to ask you why you and the rest of the GPA interfered in the Tag Team Title match tonight?"

DB: "Well, that was business and I can't really discuss that with you so don't ask."

JI: "Well we all know that you and Blood and Thunder have hated each other for a long time now and didn't it feel good to see them lose those titles because of you and the GPA."

DB: "You know what not really. What would have felt even better was if we would had got our shot at the titles and taken them from B&T ourselves. That would have felt good."

JI: "But didn't it feel a little good after they just cost you the TV title tonight."

DB: "You know what I am done talking to you. Boy you need to find another job. You suck at this and you are pissing me off so what I am going to do right now is finish this interview without you and then I am going to get in my car and go and find some women. So piss off."

*Divebomb scares the jobber away as we can hear the cameraman laugh*

DB: "What a dumbass. Ok you ready?"

CM: "Yeah go ahead."

DB: "You want to know what I thought of tonights events? then I will tell you. I got put in a match for a title that I don't really care about, even though winning it would have been alright cause gold is gold. But even when it has nothing to do with those pillow bitin fools Blood and Thunder they still feel the need to get in my way. So ok I lied it did feel a little good to see them lose their titles. They pissed me and the rest of the GPA once to many times and it cost them. They deserved what they got and at least we have some champs now that even though they hate each other will be forced to defend them."

*Divebomb takes a drink of water then keeps going*

DB: "I know that this is not over between the NWA and B&T but it is finally about time that those two turd-buglin piss ants got screwed out of what meant most to them just like us. Whatever, I'm done."

CM: "Thanks for the time."

DB: "Yeah next time don't bring the pillow biter. It gos much easier when I just get a chance to talk."

CM: "No problem."

*With that Divebomb get in his car and speeds away*
Feed them to the Sharkticons!
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Well, well, well. It appears that Scout has once again gained another opportunity to get her ass kicked by me. I'll admit, you did show some skills in that match. But considering who your competion was, your winning of the match was expected.

Scout, I hope you're at your best when I make you tap because this is your last chance. I'm sick and tired of kicking your ass all over this ring. If you get lucky and beat me, then fine. But we both know that's not going to happen is it. Third time won't be the charm for you. I will show you once and for all why I am the Best Damn Technical I.C. Champion to ever grace the A.W.F.
You've tried twice and failed to beat me. This will be the last time that I show you exactly why you will never PROVE ME WRONG.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Xille
Protoform

You want a match?

Post by Xille »

ooc: YES! YES! YES! There's a "W" in my win/loss bracket! YES! Great Mayhem. Well worth the wait. Can't wait to see how Vinny G rips me open again (;) ).

IC:

*Xille sits in the locker room, leaning up against the wall, his head noticably bandaged.*

Again... and again... and again... It's never enough for them... They will continue, they will not stop... unless something is done... unless... I break him.

No one is going to believe it. "Xille, put Ravage on a stretcher? That runt? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell." I finally get the big "W" and what happens? I'm destroyed for it. I'm in more pain than when I've lost. I must make an example out of Ravage. I must... ARGH!

*Xille holds the back of his head, he then looks at the blood smeared across his palm*

I must repay him for this. No, not just for this. He will repay every single insult, negative look, and hand raised against me since I've come here. He will pay with his blood. He will pay with his bones. He will pay... with his legs. I will steal his height from him. His biggest advantage against me, his size, will be taken away from him.

*Xille folds up his chair and stares at it for a moment*

You'll do it, won't you? This chair will send Ravage from my sight forever. Break his knees, spill his blood, whatever it takes. Just as long as he feels my pain for once.

So, Ravage... you want a match at Redemption? YOUR ASS HAS GOT A MATCH AT REDEMPTION. No holds barred. No one else at ringside, if you can handle that. Stretchers all the way. I'll have yours ready for you.

It's fitting, too. I'll finally get to redeem myself in the eyes of all the people who have lost faith in me over the years... this Xille... will finally be accepted.
Artwork by Jackpot, sig by Denyer. Both of them are awesome!
Click the sig to go to Jackpot's site.