anybody get issue #5 yet?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Claypool
Protoform

anybody get issue #5 yet?

Post by Claypool »

my comic shop still hasent gotten it in yet. Im just wondering if its my lame comic shop, or its a national problemo....
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I think Diamond have now confirmed for the 11th...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Dreamwave was really irresponsible last month.
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

I (and by that I mean WE) think at least a slight explanation is deserved.
I know, getting my hopes up.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

You know, every day that a Dreamwave book is late, I lament the fact that I never pursued a career as a comic book artist because I was way too slow a penciler. Of course, that was back in the day that books actually came out on time 99% of the time. The days before Image. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
Bumblebee
Protoform

Post by Bumblebee »

Arg this is ridiculous. A comic book company falling so far behind on a series they are trying to get to catch on for the long term is just wrong. I know they are a smalle r company and can't do what Marvel does , but if you are going to play with the big corps you gotta try and keep your fan base happy at least.

This comic better be darn good is all I can say here. And yes I hope they do have some legit explanation for this so until I know what the deal is I will give them benefit of the doubt.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

There really is not excuse for falling this far behind. They're a business, damn it! How hard is it to meet a deadline, when you have a whole month to publish 23 pages (which, to tell you the truth, aren't that impressive given that they're only equivalent to 5 pages of the old Marvel run. Pretty pictures don't impress me like a good storyline. SO far the G1 story has been stagnant, and you'd really only get one half hour show out of all 6 of them)? Armada is a little better than G1, but not even that had to be so late this month. What good is an August issue if it doesn't even come out in August? I really wish Hasbro had made a contract with someone more reliable.

I can see them not really being that broken up about the G1 series because they're not really looking to actively market those toys (lets face it, the reissues are geared towards adults like me, who remember the characters), but the Armada comic is an advertisement for the current toyline.

I think Dreamwave needs to be more responsible with their comics, and inform their customers of any delays.[/rant]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Lets not get started on Marvel they have been behind more times than I care to remember. DC however is the pinnacle of comic publishers. Anyway September 11th 2002 is the date of release however this is subject to change.

Transformers # 5