[CUSTOM] my transforming g1 megatron

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
gregles
Protoform

[KITBASH] my transforming g1 megatron

Post by gregles »

Hi everyone

I just discovered this site I decided to join and post some of my customs here and probably eventually have some heated and passionate conversations about our favourite transforming autonomous beings.

I started this custom as I wanted to get myself a good g1 megatron and didn't want pay a large amount of money for a masterpiece one. I had two junkers megatrons sold to me by dodgy ebay sellers so I thought I would have a go at using modern joints to make a g1 scale accurate megatron. After I started I quickly realised this was a really hard task and it has taken me ages to get it this far. I have declared it finished in the past only to return to it at later date to improve either the robot or alt mode but now I think I am finally satisfied with it. The strange thing since I started work on this custom there has been at least two if not more 3rd party g1 megatrons have been announced, spooky timing or what?.

I would love to know what you think of this custom and any feedback or criticism would be highly welcome. I'm also quit curious to know how you think this meg stands against those pesky 3rd party upstarts. I'm personally really like both the 3rd party megs in there own way but I havn't pre-orderd either yet as I got my meg now what do you think?

P.S. If anyone else has done and posted the pistol g1 meg I would love to see how you achieved this custom. thanks for viewing
Attachments
SV106230.JPG
SV106219.JPG
SV106226.JPG
SV106231.JPG
SV106217.JPG
gregles
Protoform

Post by gregles »

just thought I would add a few more photos. one is mid transformation so you can see how this new transformation works
Attachments
SV106229.JPG
SV106224.JPG
SV106228.JPG
SV106220.JPG
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Overall, it's a good first kitbash. The robot mode is definitely the better mode though. In gun mode, the parts don't really line up all that well. However, as you gain more experience kitbashing, this will improve. I also recommend you post this over at Sector 70. You'll find a lot of experienced kitbashers there more than willing to help you improve your art.
gregles
Protoform

Post by gregles »

Tramp wrote:Overall, it's a good first kitbash. The robot mode is definitely the better mode though. In gun mode, the parts don't really line up all that well. However, as you gain more experience kitbashing, this will improve. I also recommend you post this over at Sector 70. You'll find a lot of experienced kitbashers there more than willing to help you improve your art.
thanks for the tip I uploaded this there and I got some good advice and constructive criticism I did some more work on it based on this feedback. I changed the photos on this thread to match the new work I have done