New Info On Energon Omega Supreme

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

New Info On Energon Omega Supreme

Post by Bombshell »

In a Hasbro Press Release, the company had the following to say about the upcoming Energon Omega Supreme toy.

TRANSFORMERS ENERGON OMEGA SUPREME FIGURE

As the AUTOBOTS battle UNICRON, the OMEGA SUPREME character is the ultimate combiner in the quest for ENERGON. The figure stands at an incredible 16" in robot mode and it is actually two vehicles -- an awesome aircraft carrier and a battle train -- that combine to make a super robot. OMEGA SUPREME is action-packed with electronic lights and sound, additional mechanized features, firing projectiles and holds MINI-CON figures. OMEGA SUPREME can also combine with the new OPTIMUS PRIME figure for even bigger ENERGON play. (Approx. $49.99; Available in fall)
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Now, if we could just get some pictures...

Have there been any, other than the low-res pictures of some of the sketches?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by fort_max
Now, if we could just get some pictures...

Have there been any, other than the low-res pictures of some of the sketches?

I don't think so. I think Hasbro wants to keep the look of this toy a secret.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Cr*p.
Hound

Post by Hound »

So now I've got to go buy Energon Prime?

Eh, who am I kidding, I was probably going to anyway...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Hound
So now I've got to go buy Energon Prime?

Eh, who am I kidding, I was probably going to anyway...

Yeah, me too.

It's that whole 'consumer whore' thing.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

I sure hope that when they see "Minicon Posts" they mean battle stations and not just powerlinx points...
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

whoa that seems like a F***ing kickass toy. actually seems like Hasbro is trying to modernize the G1 characters.... It sounds like a modern Omega Supreme just like Shockblast being a modern Shockwave.

but hold up everyone who says that Omega Powerlinx with the Megazord looking Optimus Prime..... it said the NEW Optimus Prime that means that they could be going with the Deluxe model Optimus Prime. Omega's coming out in fall which means that's plenty of time for Hasbro to get the Deluxe Optimus Prime out. and it will probably have a powerlinx slot just like all the other deluxe Autobots.
----------------------------------------------------
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by RED EVIL
but hold up everyone who says that Omega Powerlinx with the Megazord looking Optimus Prime..... it said the NEW Optimus Prime that means that they could be going with the Deluxe model Optimus Prime. Omega's coming out in fall which means that's plenty of time for Hasbro to get the Deluxe Optimus Prime out. and it will probably have a powerlinx slot just like all the other deluxe Autobots.

Whoa, you lost me.

Who said there was going to be another Energon Prime design? Far as I know, the only Prime toys they've come out with have been Megazord Prime and the Supercon Prime.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by fort_max

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa, you lost me.

Who said there was going to be another Energon Prime design? Far as I know, the only Prime toys they've come out with have been Megazord Prime and the Supercon Prime.

uh,i think that red devil was talking about the deluxe(also named supercon and/or std) prime
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by dedicon
uh,i think that red devil was talking about the deluxe(also named supercon and/or std) prime

I got that part.

The question is: Which Prime is he referring to when he says 'Deluxe'? One of the two Prime toys that have been produced (Megazord Prime or Fatimus Jr. with Kicker), or some Prime toy that only he's aware of.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

I think he's referring to Tubimus (mini-Fatimus, officially STD Convoy) that Hasbro have reportedly stated that they aren't currently interested in releasing.

My thoughts - It's gonna be linking with Megazord Prime (Grand Convoy), of course. The two things are gonna be in similar size brackets. If Omega Supreme combined with STD Convoy, it'd look positively RS.

I might wait for official toy pics before deciding whether I can stand to part with A$125 for it.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by King Fargo
I think he's referring to Tubimus (mini-Fatimus, officially STD Convoy) that Hasbro have reportedly stated that they aren't currently interested in releasing.

My thoughts - It's gonna be linking with Megazord Prime (Grand Convoy), of course. The two things are gonna be in similar size brackets. If Omega Supreme combined with STD Convoy, it'd look positively RS.

That's what I figured.

It just sounded like he was saying he knew something noone else did...
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

well the one thing i do know is that there is alot of time between now and fall hasbro still might decide to release the Deluxe Optimus Prime or they might have him come in a two-pack with Omega Supreme.
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

well the one thing i do know is that there is alot of time between now and fall hasbro still might decide to release the Deluxe Optimus Prime or they might have him come in a two-pack with Omega Supreme.

Doubtful. The only way I could see Hasbro changing their mind is if fans start clamoring for the Supercon Optimus Prime.

Considering that most everything I've heard about Megazord Prime has said that he's only really decent in his combined mode, I doubt anyone's going to write Hasbro demanding that they release the chubby little bastard.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

You really want Tubimus to be released in the US, don't you?

Well, that's too bad. Most people are of the opinion that Fatimus' normal robot mode is worse than AR Side Swipe. Judging by the initial reception that Fatimus received, I doubt that Hasbro are even gonna consider repainting it. And going by the amount of repaints going around currently, that means it really does suck.

Besides, why in the hell would they release two figures who aren't even meant to combine together in the one bit of packaging?

Also, why would they put the cheap price Prime in with the equally dearest TF in the series?:wall: One's meant to appeal to the people who want a Prime, but can't afford to shell out A$70-100 on a huge bit of plastic. The other one's meant to appeal to the people who can and will fork out A$100+ for an even larger bit of plastic, namely collectors and completists. That'd be like packaging Brave Max with Spychangers - RIDICULOUS!

Look mate, pursue your STD Convoy all you want, but everyone else would rather it not be a Hasbro release, because that'd mean more shelf space for worthwhile TFs.
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

dude Fargo i was just stating my OPINION on what i think would happen. Personally i hate almost all the Energon toys that have been released so far. The only two that i really like are Starscream and Battle Ravage.

I think boththe Energon Optimus Prime's are horrible. i mean every optimus that has been released recently has been FAT. The original and G2 were both skinny. I think these two Energon primes are of the worst design{ the combined megazord Prime is cool if u want a gestalt loooking Prime but i still dont want it.

I think that Hasbro/Takara should stop making prime to be this sumo wrestler look alike with his gut. and forget these crappy new toys that are horrible and make some more better energon figures that are worth wild

But i will say that i am looking forward to the Omega Supreme toy i still won't buy optimus for them to combine. so i think im going to buy Omega Supreme, maybe Scorponok, maybe Shockwave, Alpha Q, Sharkticon, Springer{possible name} and Slugslinger{once i see the pics of him}.

So King Fargo to respond to your comment on me wanting STD Prime{which sounds like a disease}. I HATE BOTH ENERGON PRIMES I THINK THEY BOTH SUCK ASS!
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Really, Omega's gonna have to knock me off my feet to warrant that price point. It's not like Unicron, which was a figure that people have been waiting a long time for. Furthermore, his combined mode with Prime'll have to be really f*ckin' sweet to make me consider getting Fatimus.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

I HATE BOTH ENERGON PRIMES I THINK THEY BOTH SUCK ASS!

That's good. That's very good.
...forget these crappy new toys that are horrible and make some more better energon figures that are worth while.
Exactly my opinion, which is why I don't want either Fatimus or Tubimus clogging up my local stores. Kmart still has about 6 AR Primes of various colours lying around, for crying out loud.
...i was just stating my OPINION on what i think would happen.
Well, I'm sorry, but your opinion left you on the wrong side of one of my mindless rants.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

God damn it ...

Thats another one I have to get ...

I missed out on Armada Unicron(That and I wasn't going to pay $140 for that thing) so I'm getting Energon Unicron, Prime ... Mirage ... Cliffjumper ... wait didn't I say ages ago that I was aiming to get EVERY single Energon toy ...

Now I have a better reason to aim for that goal ...:)