What's your preferred weather site?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

What's your preferred weather site?

Post by Notabot »

I used to enjoy weather.com because it gave good information in a very straightforward way. I could glance at it and know what it would be like today, tomorrow, or the day after. But they revamped it recently and threw in a bunch of "social" garbage and have more ads and links than actual weather. Honestly, I don't like talking about the weather with friends, what makes them think I want to do it with total strangers. I just want to know if I should wear a sweater or shorts, and I don't care about SexxySteve48's feelings on fog.

So I was looking around for somewhere else to get good weather info from, but haven't found anything really great. I'm kind of using Wunderground.com right now, but it's not that great. Anyone have a simple, straightforward weather site they like that gives accurate forecasts, current conditions, and local radar?
Clay

Post by Clay »

I find that googling "weather [zipcode]" gives the quickest and most straightforward results. One of the top search results is usually weather.com, and that gives an extended forecast without much struggle.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

No idea how accurate the international forecasts are, though.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Like Clay said.

I also found the bigger they are, the more ads and annoying stuffs they get. So I usually just get on to some local news stations website. My prefer one is my local Fox. They even have a free app to put on my iPhone and it's much better than the weather.com one.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I can't believe that Centerville, South Dakota (population 920) isn't on the BBC weather map! That's OK, though, since those numbers are waaay off. I can't believe it's only 18 degrees in London right now. It's spring, it should be well above freezing by now!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Ooooo, that's really nice! I'll have to keep that one in mind.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I look out a window.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"