New pics of movie Protoform Starscream; catalog images!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

New pics of movie Protoform Starscream; catalog images!

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Wow!

Jazz looks to be great!

And the painted Leader Class Megs and Prime are a definite must if those small pics are doing them justice!

(Poor poor bankaccount...)

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

can't say anything is particularly catching my eye, optimus looks very stocky, considering the movie shots of him have shown him to be relatively slender, same again for megatron.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

I wonder if this is the only time we will see Bumblebee as a deluxe class?

Loving Jazz...he even has the visor dealy. So far though Barricade is leading the field for me.
Thanks to StoneCold Skywarp for the Sig
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I don't remember his rabbit ears being so pronounced . . . They did it because they knew I liked the concept art. :( :p

Eh, we'll see what it looks like in person. I just don't remember those things being so out there, as to scream "Here we are. Hello!"

EDIT: Yup. Rabbit ears definitely look much bigger. BTW, what's up with Cyber-Stompin' Bumblebee's face? He looks like a sad clown. :wtf:
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

The large Prime looks a bit like someone took a brickbot body like Powermaster prime then stuck some armada arms and legs on it.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I wonder if this is the only time we will see Bumblebee as a deluxe class?

Erm, he's Deluxe in the Classics line already...

;)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I really hate Hasbro! :D

Screamer is looking a lot better than the earlier protoform design, but I still miss those Seeker wings *sighs* and I'm not sure that it's him, so to speak. Perhaps when he does speak in the movie, it will be him... Ah, who am I kidding? Without Latta...

Megs and OP - OK. Jazz really is rockin'n'rollin'. Although those pics are surely distorted, or else we'll all be buying short, fat TFs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

when they're all transformed correctly, they all look pretty awesome! i agree abotu jazz, he just looks extremely unique based on his g1 and alternator variations. the more i even see brawl, the more ia m growing to love the lil tank. and the colors look good on op and megs, i dont see too much loss of detail, but of course they photoshop em to make em look better. also i agree on the poor bank account statement, mine will be bankrupt *le sigh*.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
DX-7
Protoform

Post by DX-7 »

Incredible!! These guys look awsome! (most of them) Brawl looks like he's made out of lego blocks, but other then that I really cannot wait until these come out.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good and let me judged accordingly The rest... is silence.
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

Prime beats me like a bitch and I enjoy it. He's that good.

I'm not too kosher on the Automorph idea (if it actually does hold true) but other than that...they look friggin' fantastic.

Geez. I'm still not sold on Barricade, Bumblebee, Brawl, or Starscream. Nada, zip, zilch.

Blackout, Jazz, Megatron, Prime, Ratchet are definite buys. They're so ridiculously cool it hurts.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

i haven't been paying too much attention to the toys, TBH, but those are pretty good looking. IF they have a Megs in Earth mode, might be worth picking up.

but of course they'll have earth and cybertronian modes, twice the toys to buy then.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
mongoosehuman
Protoform

Post by mongoosehuman »

Man, that Prime's got kibble coming out the wazoo. Thus I'm thinking that the "automorph technology" is just a way of rearranging all the kibble.

I'm pretty fond of the deluxes, though.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

The more I see Barricade, the more he reminds me of a demon, but almost in a satyrical way. Kinda like the depiction of Satan in red pajamas with a horned hood and a tail on the seat of the pjs and a pitchfork. If I ever did a diostory with a transformer going to hell, I would definitely add a whole bunch of Barricades, dancing around. He also reminds me of the noid from Dominoes commercials. Might get him for comic value. Starscream, too, if he's a deluxe. Both are fudging hillarious. :up:

If Blackout's not too big, I might get him because I actually like him, and I may get Jazz, in spite of the Rabit ears, which ruined his headsculpt. We'll see when I see better pictures . . .

I really don't like Megatron's alt mode. It's like they got tired of trying to figure out how to make them morph into standard earth forms when they got to him and said, "Eh, screw it. He's a super-secret government-developed-plane-type-dealy that no one knows about, but somehow, megatron managed to find out about it and formatted himself into it." A much better explaination would have run along the lines of "Megatron spurned the option to take an earth mode. Deeming human designs weak, and seeing no need to hide from anyone, due to his raw power, Megatron opted to keep his Cybertronian mode." It would be more plausible, and would totally fit with Megatron's character.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Jazz has rabbit ears as seen on this site. Look at his page on the character focus section in Cartoons.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

"Automorph" technology: don't read too much into it, it's been used by gundam kits for years. For example, when the knee is moved, the armour of the calf retracts or expands. It's nothing too complicated...

Onto the figures...
The definite winner of the set is Jazz. He's the only one that finds me 100% liking him-the car mode, the design and the proportions. Bumblebee is lacking in robot mode, Barricade is second and I don't really like Brawl. I'm not really interested about the leaders...for now.

Is it true that there are no ultra class scheduled for the movie line?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
BTW, what's up with Cyber-Stompin' Bumblebee's face? He looks like a sad clown. :wtf:

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That nice big helicopter one's coming later, then?

Not enthused by anything in the first wave of pics, TBH.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Denyer
That nice big helicopter one's coming later, then?

Not enthused by anything in the first wave of pics, TBH.

Actually, the catalogue does not advertise the voyagers, that's all. I'm guessing Ratchet and Blackout are bundled together, followed by Ironhide and Starscream.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I really dig these toys. The deluxes are a nice evolution away from the Unicron Trilogy toys.
Come on and wind me up.