[OOC] Talking Point - Redemption Aftermath

Having a quiet drink with Terry Gene Bollea.

Redemption 2004: Match of the Night?

Redstreak vs. OP2005
No votes
Baxter & Judge Death vs. StarStorm
7%
Hardcore Title: Black Zarak vs. Scarecrow
7%
TV Title: CloudStrifer vs. Wolfang
No votes
Ravage vs. Tempest
7%
Bombshell vs. The King
No votes
Y3Blaster vs. Christopher Back
7%
Tag Team Title: The Serial Slackaz vs. Murder Inc
No votes
StoneCold Skywarp vs. The HeartBrend Kid
13%
Intercontinental Title: The Game vs. Divebomb
40%
Fatal Fourway: Viewfind vs. Sixswitch vs. Morpheus vs. The Lock
No votes
AWF Title: TC vs. Amarant Odinson
20%

Total votes: 15

AWF Press Office
Protoform

[OOC] Talking Point - Redemption Aftermath

Post by AWF Press Office »

Our February PPV is in the books (albeit the books published in March), and this is your chance to tell us what you thought.

Hark back to your predictions in the other thread... what did you get right, what did you get horribly wrong?

And don't forget to vote in our Redemption Match of the Night poll!

(blah blah, strictly ooc, blah blah, hairdrier in the bath, blah)
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I know this is out of character, but I would like to personally take a moment and thank the writer of my match. It was one of the best written matches that I feel my character has been involved with in some time. The restarts, the flow, the reversals and most of all, the ending...all very well done and an excellent conclusion to a feud with a great opponent like Divebomb...

Also, to the staff members of the AWF who give up their time without much compensation, thank you for your hard work. We had some unexpected snags hit us here with the last ppv and that is bound to happen. I believe we have the best staff we have ever had with the AWF. We are more organized than we have ever been. You guys rock.

To the members of the AWF, I want to thank you for your devotion and your patience. I know sometimes that angles come up that you don't always like, but understand that we are trying to push certain storylines. We devote the most time to the people who put the most in. So for all of you who stick with us, thank you...and bring some friends! :)

that concludes my touchy-feely crap...I will now resume kicking all your asses!
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
that concludes my touchy-feely crap...I will now resume kicking all your asses!

Kudos Erik, Kudos.

I would like to say that the last PPV was outstanding piece of work by the staff and they all did a great job.

Personally I'm glad how my match turned out. Me and Brave Maxx began at the AWF at the same time and it'll be good fueding with him again, if the bugger shows up in here of course ;).

Of course there was the thong thing from before hand. I know of several members that still get a kick out of that.

Onto Archivemania IV!!
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

I would also like to thank whoever wrote my match. It was good to see that it wasn't a squash and while I didn't win the match, I think that it did help to elevate me. I'm glad that some of the writers are getting what my character is all about and that's defintely showing in some of the recent matches. Excellent job all around and Archivemainia IV should prove to be interesting.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Divebomb
Protoform

Post by Divebomb »

That was a great show filled with lots of great matches and just like Erik I just want to say to the writer of our match, that you did one hell of a job and it was a great match.
Feed them to the Sharkticons!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

The writing style in the four way match was different than what I've seen before. I liked it very much though. The writer took care to let everyone know what was going on, in what could otherwise have been a confusing match to read. Well done.

-GB
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I voted for the World Championchip match. But I could have went with either the 4way, IC or World bout. All were top notch.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Yes, I agree with everyone. While I lost, you wacky writers took my belt away in style!

Every thing was cool!
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

I voted for the Hardcore Title match for...personal reasons, I suppose you could say.

But to the matter at hand; that was quite excellent indeed, Anonymous Writing Monkeys. Kudos, and please keep it up.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

A pity you can't vote against matches really.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

everybody did good work on this show, i especially liked my match, as well as the game/divebomb match. good job all
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Brilliant job on the
Pay Per View. My vote goes to
I. C. Title Bout.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

I think the writing has improved immensely since I was last here. Kudos to all the writers. I like how my match went.. thankfully it's not a squash match even though I am now at the bottom of the pecking order. ;)
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

Originally posted by Shockmeister
I voted for the Hardcore Title match for...personal reasons, I suppose you could say.

But to the matter at hand; that was quite excellent indeed, Anonymous Writing Monkeys. Kudos, and please keep it up.

EG: I have incriminating photos of him...

with a monkey...

and a squirrel.
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Originally posted by Ignavus
with a monkey...

Really? 'Cuz I thought that was...YOUR MOM!

Oh God, I'm turning into him. Excuse me whilst I throw myself upon G91's Sacrificial Banning Halberd.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

OOC: It was an ok show not greatest nor the worst.
The truth is that I find myself bored out of my mind with my character's direction: he loses every freaking match.
Well after awhile that gets boring as hell. I know and accept the fact that nobody wins them all but come on guys is it
asking too much for my character to win a few matches? I'm not wanting a winning streak like Goldberg had in WCW because that
gets old too. I want my character to win and lose like everybody else here does.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
The truth is that I find myself bored out of my mind with my character's direction: he loses every freaking match.
Well after awhile that gets boring as hell. I know and accept the fact that nobody wins them all but come on guys is it
asking too much for my character to win a few matches? I'm not wanting a winning streak like Goldberg had in WCW because that
gets old too. I want my character to win and lose like everybody else here does.

You came here agian in what a month? Expect to lose a few more because thats what we all did. And Frankly your characters direction is gone, I don't know at all what the hell your supposed to be. Your another jobber to me and I can't see you in any other role unless you make your character into something, other than a rich boy. I have gone this whole thing and I have to say even though my character lost, I had fun with the angles and even won some matches. So here is my advice. Get a better character, get a better angle and keep at it because whining won't get you anywhere.
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

Originally posted by Ignavus
EG: I have incriminating photos of him...

with a monkey...

and a squirrel.

OOC: :eek: ............a squirrell? Oh poor Judge Death :(
Anyways I picked the IC title match, it was good :)
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo

Hard to win a match when you spend more time coming up with crazy ideas involving your character in absurd situations and less time actually working with the feuds we book. You had a chance to have a feud with a top level face and did nothing with it. You made no real effort to give the writers any reason to look at your character with any seriousness. How about for once instead of pouting, you actually put in some effort and work with the feuds that present themselves to your character?
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
Hard to win a match when you spend more time coming up with crazy ideas involving your character in absurd situations and less time actually working with the feuds we book. You had a chance to have a feud with a top level face and did nothing with it. You made no real effort to give the writers any reason to look at your character with any seriousness. How about for once instead of pouting, you actually put in some effort and work with the feuds that present themselves to your character?

Why do I feel like this paragraph should be posted at the top of the forum, just despite the fact that it was posted by a blockhead?