shelves empty everywhere

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Angus
Protoform

shelves empty everywhere

Post by Angus »

Transformers is very popular again, maybe more popular than it ever was, definitely the most popular it has ever been since early 80's.

This means that we should expect to be seeing new toys coming out at least for the next 10 years or so. Which is a good thing.

On the other hand, it has been harder then ever to find the new toys!!!! I remember I was already having a hard time finding some of the classics and titanium before the movie came out (and even a few cybertron that I wanted), but now it's just ridiculous!

Shelves are empty everywhere! Scalpers seem to be buying everything even before they hit shelves. Not to mention all the new pseudo-collectors driven by refreshed nostalgia from the movie, and all the kids that seem to have gone transformer-crazy since the movie came out.

I just came back from my local Target. I was hoping to find Titanium Ultra Magnus (read somewhere that it was finally going to show up on shelves). I had a little hope of finding movie arcee and bbee'08 too, but not much. To be honest, I already expected not to find anything I wanted, but the shelves were just plain empty!

All they had were some of those role-playing toys, voice-changer helmets, some key-chains and those robot heroes. No real transformers whatsoever, no scouts, no deluxes, no voyagers, no leaders, zippo, nothing!!

The "Titanum 6'' G1" price tag was there (at $15.99), but no toy to be found. Shelves have been empty like that for the past few weeks. All my recent toy hunts have been a waste of time and gas. This is just sad... =(
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

From what I hear on the street (yo!), most stores are getting ready to switch all their shelves to the Christmastime setup, which means all new space allocation and stock location. Before doing this, most stores do inventory. The easiest stock to count is stuff in sealed boxes, and the easiest pegs and shelves to move are empty ones. The department manager at my local Wal-Mart said to expect the re-set to be done pretty much everywhere within the next 2-3 weeks, at which time new stock will flow bountifully (we hope). Until then, we must savor the sweet, sweet anticipation of what is to come...
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

Yeah, I was at my local wal-mart, and there were 3 or 4 voice changing helmets and 3 or 4 Starscream transforming nerf guns.

I was mortified a little... My girlfriend laughed at me.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Last weekend I went on a toy hunt to one of the biggest cities around central CA and went to 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets, and a TRU and found not one single figure. Shelves were completely empty with only a few role play items or keychains on the shelves.

It has been that way for about 3 weeks now in the town I live in as well. So yeah..we all feel your pain right about now I'm sure.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Zizicez
there were 3 or 4 voice changing helmets

BUT THAT'S ENOUGH FOR 3 OR 4 HILARIOUS PHOTO BLOGS OF SOME KID WALKING AROUND WITH AN OFF-THE-PEG VOICE CHANGING HELMET ON! THE COMEDY POTENTIAL HAS NO LIMITS!
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

the shelves sure weren't epty yesterday at my local TRU or other toystores for that matter.
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
BUT THAT'S ENOUGH FOR 3 OR 4 HILARIOUS PHOTO BLOGS OF SOME KID WALKING AROUND WITH AN OFF-THE-PEG VOICE CHANGING HELMET ON! THE COMEDY POTENTIAL HAS NO LIMITS!

I disagree.

I admit that there is alot of comedy potential with the voice changing helmet. These include many opportunities to make Optimus Prime do things that your parents warn you about, but the potential does indeed have an end. Sir Auros got very close with his "Optimus drinks a beer" avitar, and I have decided that the limit is when you and your girl both put one on and make out/make whoopie*.

I want to take this opportunity to brag that I actually DO have transformers in my local walmart. There was a Classics Ramjet on the clearance isle AND there are about 12 windcharger keychains... I am truely blessed.

*This is only funny if pictures are taken and posted on the internet... everywhere. Without pictures this is behavior I personally discourage.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

How the hell do you "make whoopee"? [/Mallrats]
optimum
Protoform

Post by optimum »

I went to the store less traveled "K-Mart" and scored!!! All the Transformer stuff was 10% off which basically makes it Walmart prices but I grabbed a Movie version Starscream and Ironhide (only ones there no deluxes). Originally I wasn't going to get these ones but after I noticed the recent surge I thought better get them now or I'll be paying a lot more later... They also had a Titanium Rodimus Prime and a Titanium Optimus Prime RID.
Decepticharge
Protoform

Re: shelves empty everywhere

Post by Decepticharge »

Originally posted by Angus
Scalpers seem to be buying everything even before they hit shelves.
Just curious... how is this possible? Or how can I get in on the action? I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a Bumblebee '08 Camaro. Oh, wait, I don't have any hair left.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

It's the same down here in Australia. The only stores that have stock are the smaller toy stores that don't exist anywhere near me. And even then, when I actually had the chance to visit them on the weekend they were closed.

But every single department store I've come across has had nothing. Except some of the repainted scouts, Swindle and the Voice Changing helmets.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Another wasted hunting trip...

At least this time I saw some deluxes at a Kohl's, and a Leader Megatron at TRU, but other than that, pretty much nothing. Target had simply nothing.

Anyway's, couldn't find anything I was looking for... No 2008 Bumblebee, no Arcee, no Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus... The saddest thing is to see a bunch of Dreadwings on the shelf and realize that I just missed out on the toys I was looking for from the same wave.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Angus
Another wasted hunting trip...

At least this time I saw some deluxes at a Kohl's, and a Leader Megatron at TRU, but other than that, pretty much nothing. Target had simply nothing.

Anyway's, couldn't find anything I was looking for... No 2008 Bumblebee, no Arcee, no Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus... The saddest thing is to see a bunch of Dreadwings on the shelf and realize that I just missed out on the toys I was looking for from the same wave.

I just want a damn Dreadwing. Thats the only movie figure left I want..well and the G1 repainted Starscream. I been looking also for the 08 BB but not for myself..my son wants him badly.

Iwent to two Wal*Marts and 2 Targets again yesterday and found nothing but an aisle of old Cybertron and Classics stuff...not one single Movie figure...not even a FAB or Real Gear...nothing.
TheKidHypno
Protoform

Post by TheKidHypno »

3 wal marts, 2 targets, 2 toys r us, and 2 k-marts and all i found was voice helmets, keychains, optimus nerf guns, and puzzles :(

i have no choice but to resort to ebay :wall:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Or to be patient. There will be stock. We will be flooded with every movie toy they've made. It's just a matter of time.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the movie line slated to run through Christmas? There's still plenty of time here. Patience will ruin a scalper's day.
TheKidHypno
Protoform

Post by TheKidHypno »

even on those stores websites the figures are no longer available to order, even hasbro's site
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by TheKidHypno
i have no choice but to resort to ebay :wall:

Please don't resort to ebay!
That's what the scalpers want you to do!
If you go down that road, you won't be any better than they are.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Plus, this is what is going to happen if you buy that figure from ebay:

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20070321.html
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I can't depend on stores anymore for my transformers needs.Target shelves are empty.Kmart shelves are empty,Walmart shelves are empty.I'm not sure about TRU.The nearest one is 10 miles away.A Target manager said that Hasbro is cutting Transformers shipments to Target.He also said that when they do get a shipment,collectors are right there on the spot.The manager thinks someone's hacking into their data network to where the hacker knows what time the shipment comes in,what items come in,and how much quantity comes in.I'm gonna have to resort to online shopping.Which is more expensive then my wallet can handle.The only thing good I found at Target or anyplace else was a Titanium Soundwave with Laserbeak.A guy come up and said to me,"Are going to get that?".I said no and he ran off with it to the cashier.
tf_griffin

Post by tf_griffin »

Same here. Only collectors stores who jacked up the price up to 100% had some. I saw a G1 ultra Magnus reissue selling at an insane amount. Jeez:eek: