My most recent eBay winnings

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Interesting choices. Would expect the Starscreams and the Jazzes to fetch a bit, but Whirl's getting quite obscure. The movie's done its bit for prices.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Jeez enough already.
We get it.
You have a lot of money to spend on toys.
Hey Cliffy any more Archie the robot.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Just one question, since you are so keen on showing off how much money you have, what do you do for a living..whats your job? I have always wondered what sort of person pays that much money for an AFA graded toy thats just going to sit and collect dust. Its such a shame to me really...they are meant to be played with.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

$1500.00 BUCKS??!!!!!!!!!

:eyebrow:

Pretty high price for a non show, non takara toy.

Boxes for both look very nice, but $1500.00....man thats way more than i would pay for any g1 toy.
Come on and wind me up.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Its more than Ive paid for all of my G1 toys put together.
genoneguy
Protoform

Post by genoneguy »

Originally posted by Ackula
Just one question, since you are so keen on showing off how much money you have, what do you do for a living..whats your job? I have always wondered what sort of person pays that much money for an AFA graded toy thats just going to sit and collect dust. Its such a shame to me really...they are meant to be played with.
Oh for crying out loud.............if you want to spend a couple thousand dollars on a single toy just so you can tear it open and play with it, then more power to ya. I on the other hand think that owning a toy that still looks like it just came off of the shelf at my nearest Toys R Us from nearly 25 years ago is pretty darn cool. How many people do you know own an AFA 85 Whirl? None, because I own the only one on the planet!!! Click on the link below if you want to see some more "one of a kind" toys that nobody but me owns.
Check out my Transformer, G.I.Joe, and 80's popular culture museum

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q303 ... =slideshow
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by genoneguy
How many people do you know own an AFA 85 Whirl? None, because I own the only one on the planet!!!

No, it's because nobody else wants one. Or because nobody else is stupid enough to spend so much on something for no other reason than "nyah nyah I have this and you don't!".
genoneguy
Protoform

Post by genoneguy »

Originally posted by Halfshell
No, it's because nobody else wants one. Or because nobody else is stupid enough to spend so much on something for no other reason than "nyah nyah I have this and you don't!".
Yeah, I'm sure that's why.
Check out my Transformer, G.I.Joe, and 80's popular culture museum

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q303 ... =slideshow
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Halfshell FTW on this one.
There is no way Id drop this much money on any one figure even if I won £10 million on the lottery tomorrow it just doesnt represent VFM.
Just because somethings unique doesnt mean its good I have a pretty mint Whirl and its not that good a figure even for G1.
A pair of hooks for hands,a red dot for a face and crappy weapons do not a good figure make.
You're lucky hes packed in Alt mode as its the slightly better of two pretty poor modes.
And lets not even get into how dire the Deluxe Insecticons are.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Oh for crying out loud.............if you want to spend a couple thousand dollars on a single toy just so you can tear it open and play with it, then more power to ya. I on the other hand think that owning a toy that still looks like it just came off of the shelf at my nearest Toys R Us from nearly 25 years ago is pretty darn cool. How many people do you know own an AFA 85 Whirl? None, because I own the only one on the planet!!! Click on the link below if you want to see some more "one of a kind" toys that nobody but me owns.

I would never spend a couple of thousand dollars on a toy period. Ever. For any reason. I have a family, and I have common sense. To me there is no toy or collectible worth that much money. You can kindly lose the attitude if you will, I was asking a serious and legitimate question. If you are uncomfortable with the question, as you must be because you didn't answer it, then thats fine. If your only purpose here is to post what you buy and show off, without ever actually discussing anything with any of the members, well what are you here for again?

I'm also pretty sure that unless you have some custom made figures, or a Lucky Draw figure that was limited to only one release, or maybe a prototype...then you don't exactly have "one of a kind" toys.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Halfshell FTW on pretty much everything, to be honest. ;)
Click on the link below if you want to see some more "one of a kind" toys that nobody but me owns.

Pretty much all the evidence needed that it's all about bragging rights.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Originally posted by Ackula
If your only purpose here is to post what you buy and show off, without ever actually discussing anything with any of the members, well what are you here for again?

Thats all hes ever done its just a case of look at me,look what I bought, look at my money.
Im pretty sure he was on TV here in the
eighties
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I on the other hand think that owning a toy that still looks like it just came off of the shelf at my nearest Toys R Us from nearly 25 years ago is pretty darn cool.

I used to owna Go-Bot that looked exactly like it did when it came off the shelf at Playmates. It was so exciting to me I gave it to Cliffy.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

You know in all honesty every toy I have ever gotten that looks like it is brand new right off of the shelf..I've opened it. Well, almost every toy...well, I'd say most..I do have a MOC pack of Monster In My Pocket that I never opened for some reason. Does that make me super cool 80s guy too?
twistedhouse
Protoform

Post by twistedhouse »

I , for one, will cop to being jealous of the whirl figure! I think I paid $16-17 for him back in the day......
inflatable dalek

twistedhouse wrote:I , for one, will cop to being jealous of the whirl figure! I think I paid $16-17 for him back in the day......
Then I think he's the one who should be jealous of you.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

inflatable dalek wrote:Then I think he's the one who should be jealous of you.
Thats for damn sure. I had one a few months ago that I found in my wife's parent's attic..I sold it at a yard sale for $5.
inflatable dalek

We should have a contest to see what the cheapest we can buy one for is. Winner gets to go to the Tesco Kidderminster Christmas party (February).
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

inflatable dalek wrote:We should have a contest to see what the cheapest we can buy one for is. Winner gets to go to the Tesco Kidderminster Christmas party (February).
Are you paying for my plane ticket if I win then? :devil: