What would you rather spend $100 on?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

In light of the Devastator debacle, it seems most are of the opinion they'd only ever pick him up on clearance. sooooooo....

but there are rules:

1. Its an extra $100; you can't pick anything you were already going to get, even if you haven't started saving for it yet (if you see what I mean)

2. I'm looking for transformer-related spends here, but feel free to think outside the box

3. The $100 refers to the price of Deva-static (as I'm calling him now); if he's gonna cost something different in your area, use that amount as your guide.

sort of a trolleydash through the fandom...
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'd re-build my childhood BW collection via e-bay:up:
So...
Skorpenok
Parts for Transquito
Rattrap
Rhinox
Parts for Jetstorm
Bonecrusher
Magnaboss
TM Rattrap
Snarl
That dog one, y'know kinda looks like an alsation?
And a bunch of others, I had a fair few.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Transformer related: Masterpiece Megs or Skywarp.

Non Tf-Related: dinner out for the family or some new stuff for the kids.

I have either had and sold or still have my favorite TFs from when I was a kid. The new wonder now is the G1 classics which imho are fantabuloso.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fill some holes in my Titan collection if I could be arsed. Most of those I don't currently have I have had, and have lost track of when they were with other people. I use scans for reference anyway...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

electro girl wrote:I'd re-build my childhood BW collection via e-bay:up:
THIS. Only thing left from my childhood is my Optimal Optimus.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I'd get some BW (Ramulus, B'Boom, the TRU Primal/Megatron set), and some other things (RID Super X Brawn, maybe Armada Tidal Wave)
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

If I had an extra $100 for Transformers related stuff, I'd probably pick up Devastator. ;)

Barring that, probably Leader Magnus and Megatron from TFAnimated. Otherwise, it would probably just end up as a few extra random figures that looked good but had to be posponed for a later purchase.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'd probably go after G1 Snarl and Sludge to finish out my dinobots I've had from youth. Either that, or I might use it to get into the comics. Of course, it's probably a really bad idea to start up a new addiction, and $100 probably wouldn't get me too far into the series, would it?

Edit: Hadn't heard about the $100 Devastator. That's nuts!
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Transformer related:Masterpiece Megs

Non-Transformer related:maybe some guitar pedals
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

A minty G1 Shockwave, or maybe a G1 Swoop plus the parts and stickers I need to fix up the four dinobots I have. Non-TF related, I'd probably get the Sazabi(gundam) and some HG kits to soak up what's left over.
Steam: Hot Shot
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

borg72 wrote:In light of the Devastator debacle, it seems most are of the opinion they'd only ever pick him up on clearance. sooooooo...
Clearance? Only if they knock it all the way down to $10.

I'd rather get non-combining transformers with the $100. The combiner gimmick is overrated. Either that or I just say **** it and keep the money. I'll probably end up picking up some of the individual robots from the constructicons anyway.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Honestly, I have a lot of older Beast Wars stuff. I think a lot of us older posters on this board do. Of the Beast Wars, I loved the original ones like Cheetor, Dinobot, Rhinox, Waspinator, Optimus Primal and of course Megs. I'll have to put some stuff up on my trade thread when I get a chance over the next couple of weeks.

I was a big fan of the Dinobot toy and picked up just about every variant including the White Grimlock one. Sad thing about him is that the gold plastic was the same as Lord Zarak where the gold plastic gets really brittle really fast. The legs are good, but one of the connectors had a tiny split. Doesn't affect the pose or transformation of the toy, but I still notice it.

I have a few of the Japanese Beastwars in the box still, one is a snail of some sorts and another is a stegosaurus or some sort of other Dinobot.

Beast Machines was kind of the reverse of RID, but definitely not as popular. I think bringing the Autobots back in to fight against the Preds/Cons was pretty cool.

I remember RID being extremely popular with a lot of people. Too bad the series was short and they did not continue in a genre similar. Armada for me was the last line I picked stuff.

Funny enough if some of you look back far enough, there used to be G1 haters on the board. I grew up with the G1 stuff, so I really love the G1 line pre-Pretenders. As a kid I thought the Headmasters were cool but did not have any of the Target Masters. I wanted Rodimus Prime but got Ultra Magnus for X-Mas instead. I dunno, I used to be particular even as a kid about the way I displayed my toys. My dad even built me a wooden shelf to display the figures and I would transform the bots and pose them even way back when.

I think the point about collecting is buying what you like and not worrying about how much it is worth or who else likes the collection. The only problem with liking so many genres of TFs is that I want them all....

One of my favorite lines was the Micromaster toy line, and have a lot of the different ones including the re-releases of the Gestalts. My absolute favorite of them is the Devastor one, which I have the Japanese and American Version.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'd buy a BWII Lio Convoy, BW Tigatron, BW Neo Dead End, and if I had enough left over I'd probably try to track down Animated Activators Dirge just to complete the trio.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ackula wrote:I'd buy a BWII Lio Convoy, BW Tigatron, BW Neo Dead End, and if I had enough left over I'd probably try to track down Animated Activators Dirge just to complete the trio.
I thought you wanted to get those little egg things?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ackula wrote:I'd buy a BWII Lio Convoy, BW Tigatron, BW Neo Dead End, and if I had enough left over I'd probably try to track down Animated Activators Dirge just to complete the trio.
I'd pay someone $100 to steal those BW toys from Ackula's house. ;)

Or I'd spend it on a Japanese BW Ravage, if I could find one.

In general, I'd probably spend it hunting down Beast-era figures that I haven't managed to get my hands on yet. I certainly wouldn't spend it on Devestator anything else from the Movieverse - the aesthetics of the line just don't do it for me.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Warcry wrote:I'd pay someone $100 to steal those BW toys from Ackula's house. ;)

Or I'd spend it on a Japanese BW Ravage, if I could find one.

In general, I'd probably spend it hunting down Beast-era figures that I haven't managed to get my hands on yet. I certainly wouldn't spend it on Devestator anything else from the Movieverse - the aesthetics of the line just don't do it for me.
Da! I vud vant vone too.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Clay wrote:I thought you wanted to get those little egg things?
I want those more than anything really, but I don't think $100 would get them even if I could find them. If the topic would have been "what would you buy with $200" then I'd have said Kiss Players Rodimus and/or the sparkbots aka "those little egg things" ;)
Warcry wrote:I certainly wouldn't spend it on Devestator anything else from the Movieverse - the aesthetics of the line just don't do it for me.
I agree 100% here, there is nothing from the movie line that does anything for me really. I'll probably buy Starscream if anything, simply because I dig the characterization in the comics.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I'd spend $100 on the molds to make that Terrorcon Combiner custom. And the paint to make it into Predaking, if possible. :D

Failing that, I'd buy Optimus and Jetfire for WingTacker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I'll probably spend the saved money on the individual constructicons [movie] or the jetfire\prime combo.

Transformers aside, I'd use that money to get the HT Predator 1 and Dutch figures that are already on pre-order.

Funny thing is, lots of BW love on this thread eh? What's with it?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I would definitely invest in an Energon Shockblast/Shockwave. Never have the money to get him, since he's usually >$60 on eBay. That would definitely be a boost to my Universe/Classics collection. With the other $40, I'd use it to get some of the IDW comics collections like the "ation" series so I can brush up on some good storylines. Haven't read any comics in a year or so, and that may be dangerous water to wade into (another collection to burn all my money on).