New Featured Licenses at Wal-Mart include Transformers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Spiderman
Protoform

New Featured Licenses at Wal-Mart include Transformers

Post by Spiderman »

I found an article at http://www.tfw2005.com/ , which stated this:

For anyone who's been in Wal-Mart after Christmas, you've likely noticed the large section of Power Rangers and Polly Pocket in the toy department. This is what's called a Featured License category where Wal-Mart gets some exclusive items and combines them with regular product in a prominent display for two months at a time.

Earlier this week I got confirmation of what I have suspected in that Transformers will be in the next rotation of this category beginning the first week of March. Expected items will include all assortments of regular Energon, Universe, and Alternators product, as well as 20th Anniversary Prime, the Universe Spychanger two-packs, Universe Prowl and Side Burn w/CD, Universe Ruination, and Universe Sunstorm w/Street Action Team. The selection and quantities of the exclusive items will vary by store size and sales class, but you should be able to find just about anything that is currently out during this time.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

RUINATION!!!! Yes!
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

http://www.tfw2005.com/article1495.html
The next few weeks appear to be expensive for many Transfans, as news broke today of several new Transformers figures hitting shelves today. First, ENERGON MEGATRON is out! Packrat of The AllSpark has found the figure at a Las Vegas area Wal*Mart. Pictures are included in his board thread here.

Hikaru IchijoSL of our 2005 Boards reports that he has found the Wal*Mart exclusives Universe Sideburn, Prowl, and Sunstorm with Street Action Team at a Scottsdale, Arizona location and the new Mini-Con six-packs at a Chaparral, Arizona location. Adding these figures to Wal*Mart exclusive Universe Spychanger two-packs and Universe Ruination makes for many empty Transfan wallets.
Sounds interesting.. but I bet they won't have EVERYTHING available. Probably just what they have in stock, which is probably what we are already seeing in stores now. Especially not E-Magnus. Oh gawd.. not another Ruination.. I have G1, G2, RID, Armada, and now this one.. wait.. are there more? oh yeah.. Japanese RID.. heh heh..
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yay! Sunstorm! What're these minicon six-packs you speak of?
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

I'm not sure what the minicon six packs are that they are talking about.. but I did see on Toys R Us I believe it was that they were making 3 minicons (the one that make up the Skyboom shield) will be in the Tiny Tins collection. Maybe thats what they were talking about.. I'm not sure yet.. the link that I found that at is above the quote.
You Are Ratchet!

KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

I have seen packs of Milliatary team and Street Action team packaged together, if that is what they mean...
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Really? can you find the pictures? Do you know where their at? Can you put em here? so we can see em? Cuz that'd be kewl.. ya know?
You Are Ratchet!

KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

I don't have any pictures, but it was really just both teams joined by a strip of plastic with a "BONUS!" sticker slapped on it.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Same thing here, except it was the Dark Sabre with that Sea Team or Requiem Blaster with Sea Team.
DEVATICUS-PRIME
Protoform

Post by DEVATICUS-PRIME »

Well here in Calgary canada. We just had a new wal-mart open and they already are running there promo. Alot of new energon figures alternator smokescreen and 20 o.p. some new universe stuff. don't know about any other stuff we still haven't seen energon on t.v. and it will be about a month before we see the other stuff
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

In case any Aussie cares, I've heard through sources that Universe Ruination is coming to Australia.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

maybe the idiots have finally used an idea I tossed to em! I'd sent to customer service the suggestion of re-releasing the weapons teams, and minicons that came with the bigger bots repainted... so we'd get repainted corona sparkplug... and maybe...just maybe... x-dimension weapons...

perhaps... this is their answer.

oh..and..SUNSTORM?!? Primus please don't make it another small jetstorm repaint... at LEAST make it the bigger jetstorm... or if dey's gonna be poopie, armada screamer... but id' be really great to see a G1 seeker version... or wait... ENERGON SCREAMER MOLD!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
oh..and..SUNSTORM?!? Primus please don't make it another small jetstorm repaint... at LEAST make it the bigger jetstorm... or if dey's gonna be poopie, armada screamer... but id' be really great to see a G1 seeker version... or wait... ENERGON SCREAMER MOLD!

It's an Armada Thrust repaint, if I'm not mistaken.

Wasn't there also to be a Starscream repaint called Ramjet?
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

SLAG IT ALL! Thrust wasn't that great a mold to begin with! Now they're gonna turn him into sunstorm?!? IDIOTS! I WANT MY ULTRA JETSTORM SUNSTORM!
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Yay! Sunstorm! What're these minicon six-packs you speak of?

I think they mean the energon mincons packed with repainted armada minicons in energon packs, I think I saw pics of them awhile back.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

this is good news to me as my local TRU has been dissapointing with the transformers as of late....however i have started to rely more on walmart....lets hope the tf goodies make their way up here!
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by fort_max
Same thing here, except it was the Dark Sabre with that Sea Team or Requiem Blaster with Sea Team.
Yesss.. I've seen those.. those had been out since December.. part of a Christmas special pack thingamajigger. Those were both from the Armada series. The new news seems to imply Energon minicon packs of some sort. Guess we'll just have to see.. ya know mate?
Originally posted by God Ginrai
oh goodness.. not another one.. yikes.. how many have there been now? Jetstorm was been made into a Jetstorm drone, Jetfire, Jiaxius (KB Toys), Skywarp (Universe), and you want more? And the Ultra Jetstorm.. well Botcon helped us out there with Cyclonus. Or are you saying you'd rather have the Armada Thrust version? Or maybe you want a repaint of Energon Starscream?
You Are Ratchet!

Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Windrazor
oh goodness.. not another one.. yikes.. how many have there been now? Jetstorm was been made into a Jetstorm drone, Jetfire, Jiaxius (KB Toys), Skywarp (Universe), and you want more? And the Ultra Jetstorm.. well Botcon helped us out there with Cyclonus. Or are you saying you'd rather have the Armada Thrust version? Or maybe you want a repaint of Energon Starscream?

He's referring to the larger version of Jetstorm, which hasn't been used since Beast Machines.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by fort_max
He's referring to the larger version of Jetstorm, which hasn't been used since Beast Machines.

Umm.. the first variables I was talking about.. was the deluxe version.. the Ultra Jetstorm IS the larger version which is also the version that was used for Cyclonus for Botcon..

deluxe model - 6 1/2 inches long
ultra model - 11 1/2 inches long

And I need to make a correction .. it's Storm Jet, not Jetfire for the deluxe model
You Are Ratchet!

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
SLAG IT ALL! Thrust wasn't that great a mold to begin with! Now they're gonna turn him into sunstorm?!? IDIOTS! I WANT MY ULTRA JETSTORM SUNSTORM!

Actually, I like Armada Thrust better than both Jetstorms. Also, a Thrust repaint is going to sell better than an Ultra Jetstorm repaint, just because of the size/price range. That seems pretty smart to me. Oh . . . wait . . . you're just calling them idiots because you feel like throwing a tantrum. You're almost as bad as I was when I was whining about Ft Max (and at least then, we'd been promised a Ft Max in RID if we pre-ordered).