The one and only REAL Megatron is back (And the rest of the BW gang too). Yeeees.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

The one and only REAL Megatron is back ( And the rest of the BW gang too). Yeeees.

Post by Nevermore »

As originally reported by Toy News International:

http://tfarchive.com/hosted/files/20041 ... rs_web.jpg
UNLEASH THE BEAST IN THE NEW YEAR!
Dreamwave Launches Latest TRANSFORMERS Title…BEAST WARS!

It’s finally here! Dreamwave is proud to announce a six-part series based on the popular toy line by Hasbro and successful television series by Mainframe Entertainment. After the success of several TRANSFORMERS titles like GENERATION ONE, MICROMASTERS, ENERGON and War Within, BEAST WARS aims to take Dreamwave’s well-established fan base one-step further!

BEAST WARS was chosen by the fans, for the fans. After the sellout of Dreamwave’s incredible TRANSFORMERS Summer Special, fans were asked which title they’d prefer to see in an upcoming mini-series: BEAST WARS or TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE—and BEAST WARS won, taking 80% of the vote!

The series, which takes place years after the original GENERATION ONE series, follows the adventures of OPTIMUS PRIMAL and his MAXIMALS (descendants of the AUTOBOTS) versus MEGATRON and his PREDACONS (descendants of the DECEPTICONS). For such an exciting and pivotal series in the TRANSFORMERS comic continuity, Dreamwave turned to a star-studded cast of creators.

Leading the charge is Dreamwave’s fantastic duo of writers, none other than the TRANSFORMERS experts themselves, James McDonough and Adam Patyk. McDonough and Patyk are part of the amazing success of Dreamwave’s GENERATION ONE and MICROMASTERS series, and are without a doubt the perfect writers to fill in the gaps of the TRANSFORMERS saga. Another well-known name will tackle the pencils: Don Figueroa. Figueroa, whose art has been seen in almost all of Dreamwave’s titles, is perfect for the job; he’s quite possibly the biggest Transfan alive and it shows. When asked what it feels like to draw the characters that spearheaded the revival of TRANSFORMERS into the mainstream, Figueroa was philosophical as always.

“In the late nineties, when I first heard about this new show that was ‘claiming’ to be TRANSFORMERS, I said, ‘What is this new show?’ They change forms, the leaders had very familiar names and looked similar but I was so surprised to see animals as their alternate modes, not vehicles. But from the first episode I was hooked. This series was groundbreaking and it is amazing that we get to bring it to comic book form.”

Dreamwave’s president Pat Lee is equally as thrilled to add another TRANSFORMERS title to such an historic franchise. “For me, BEAST WARS really represents the coming-of-age for the TRANSFORMERS franchise. It is a series that acted as a go-between for TRANSFORMERS fans, both old and new, and brought in some really cool ideas for the world of TRANSFORMERS. The comic is gonna be…well, what can I say—this comic’s gonna rock!”

The latest TRANSFORMERS title will be hitting the shelves in January 2005 and will mark the beginning of a very special and exciting year for Dreamwave. From now until its New Year launch, Dreamwave will be celebrating the long awaited arrival of BEAST WARS; so keep checking http://www.dreamwaveprod.com for more info!

THE HUNT BEGINS!

The Beast Wars Online Hunt starts TODAY! Check online all week to hunt down
all the Transformers Beast Wars! Try to catch them all and you'll form Don
Figueroa's Triple Gatefold cover!
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

i can say i am very pleased, the Beast Wars preview seemed much better than the RID preview and i always liked BW megs....whenever someones says "yes" he just pops into my mind XD but i cant wait to see the first issue on shelves so i can pick it up
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

The Summer Special left the impression that the book would focus on a bunch of new characters rather than the classic cast.

I'm hoping that's not the case, as I'd like to see new adventures involving the characters I like so much.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Told by Dreamwave?

I hope for the sake of BW fans that this turns out well.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

what id really like is a war within bw story.like what happened when the autobots were reformated to maximals and the deceps reformatted into preds.they can even give the micromasters energon exuse for all i care!i really want to see the dinobot/megatron inside feuds,the prime that told primal what to do etc.
that way they can stay away from the original masterpiece and even enhance it!

but then again,thats just me
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Yesssss. This shall be excellent. I would like them to do at least some lost episodes in comic form that way they could even keep a similar script and so the writing could be good.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm glad to see bw getting a comic, and I was impressed by the bw story in the summer special. But after seeing what DW has done to g1 I'm a bit hesitant.
Halfshell

Re: The one and only REAL Megatron is back ( And the rest of the BW gang too). Yeeees.

Post by Halfshell »

McDonough and Patyk are part of the amazing success of Dreamwave’s GENERATION ONE and MICROMASTERS series, and are without a doubt the perfect writers to fill in the gaps of the TRANSFORMERS saga

Excuse me. I need to die laughing for a brief moment.

I really hope they get this right. They already showed blatant disregard for anything resembling continuity in BW when they indicated that Megatron got his name from the Golden Disk (MTMTE #8). Covenant of Primus in actuality. F'eh.

*Is skeptical*
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

As stated before, I've got a mixed feeling of anticipation and fear. :glance:
Whirl's Rear Rotor

Post by Whirl's Rear Rotor »

*imagines puffy Megs, FatTrap, the newly obese Dinobot*

Thank Primus it's Don on the pencils and not Pat Bloody Lee.
Capn

Post by Capn »

Pffffffft "Real megatron" my ASS
G1 megs would SMOKE that bitch!
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Capn

Trukk not monkee!!!oneone...

that aside.. hopefully the art looks better than the micromaster series, as there was some very average work in them.. still - should be intereresting to see how they handle BW & if they can actually manage to get it right..
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

...an historic franchise.
I hate when people put "an" before a word starting with the letter H. It's a particularly annoying pet peeve of mine.

I'm not expecting this to be any good. My experiences with DW thus far have not been satisfying.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Dreamwave seriously need to work on their press releases, because they're as horrible as they letter pages were last time I read them.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
I hate when people put "an" before a word starting with the letter H. It's a particularly annoying pet peeve of mine.

What about "hour"?
Originally posted by Capn

While I won´t comment the last sentence, I have to (partially) agree to the first.

No matter how stupid he was in the the cartoon(and who wasn´t?), G1 Megs is the only true Megatron to me.

Doesn´t mean he´s the best, though...
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

For such an exciting and pivotal series in the TRANSFORMERS comic continuity, Dreamwave turned to a star-studded cast of creators.
Wow, who could it be? Alan Moore? Niel Gaiman?...
Leading the charge is Dreamwave’s fantastic duo of writers, none other than the TRANSFORMERS experts themselves, James McDonough and Adam Patyk.
Oh, by "star studded" they actualy mean "The same people who write all our TF stuff because we're to cheap to hire anyone new". Well, it can't be worse than Micromasters...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Wow, who could it be? Alan Moore? Niel Gaiman?...
Unlikely Alan Moore is in semi-retirement and Neil Gaiman is busy writing novels now of days.

Oh, by "star studded" they actualy mean "The same people who write all our TF stuff because we're to cheap to hire anyone new". Well, it can't be worse than Micromasters...

The only guy that I know besides these two, Furman, and Chris
Scarani(sp?) (the writer DW G1 Vol 1) that DW might hire is
John Ney Reiber the hack who wrote DW's first TF/G.I. Joe series.

Maybe Peter David could write it. He did write DW's short-lived TMNT series after all.

God I hope he never writes another Transformer series again.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Unlikely Moore is in semi-retirement and Gaiman is busy writing
novels.

Ah, but those were the first remotely "star studied" comic book writers that poped into my head (didn't Gaiman do 1602 fairly recently?). I just loved how DW described their regular talent as if they'd hired a hollywood starlette to write it... :rolleyes:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Ah, but those were the first remotely "star studied" comic book writers that poped into my head (didn't Gaiman do 1602 fairly recently?). I just loved how DW described their regular talent as if they'd hired a hollywood starlette to write it... :rolleyes:

I know what you meant and I was just pointing out there current
status.

Other big stars that have worked with DW are:
Peter David he wrote DW short-lived TMNT series and he writen Hulk, Aquaman, The Fallen Angel, Dreadstar just to name a few

Brian Augustyn(sp?) he wrote DW's Megaman series and was co-writer on the Flash with Mark Waid and wrote Batman: Gotham
By Gaslight (the first Elseworlds) and Dragonlance for DBPro/DDP

John Ney Reiber-he wrote DW's first TF/G.I.Joe series and written
G.I. Joe: Reloaded and Captain America.
Though in my opinion he sucks after 2 issues.

Edit: Gaiman did write 1602 but that was his first series in the
years after he finished Sandman.
And yes I know he did write Stardust, Sandman: Dream Hunters,
and Sandman: Endless Nights since then as well. Stardust was more of painted novel and Sandman: Dream Hunters was a painted novella more then comic book and/or graphic novels.
Sandman: Endless Nights was a graphic novel however.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Screamwaves7

Tigerhawk almighty

Post by Screamwaves7 »

I hope they show Tigerhawk and TM2 Cheetor getting re-aquainted. Like Cheetor explaining all T.H. has missed, and T.H. talks to Cheetor about the Vok. (I mean Tigatron Airrazor and Cheetor were family)