Compiled Zip-files of TF comics?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jimmi Magnus
Protoform

Compiled Zip-files of TF comics?

Post by Jimmi Magnus »

Hi there, I'm a first poster on this board and all, so hi to all of you.

Back in the 80'ies I was a TF fanatic just like the rest of you guys, and recently I re-discovered the joy of my youth.

I embarked on a fanatic quest of downloading all TF(G1) episodes, and so far I have gotten 2/3's. But my main "problem" is that I now want the comics too. I know they are awailable for view as individual pages on tfarchive.com, but these pages load so incredible slow. Therfor I was wondering if anyone had a compilation of the comics in zip-files, or know of a page where they can be downloaded?

All G1 comics are of interest, so please post a reply if you can help me.

Sincerely
Jimmi Magnus

P.S. If you want to get the G1 Transformers episodes, I can heartily recommend the download engine KaZaA to do it with. It's how I have gotten "my" 60 episodes in just 10 days.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

JM,

Hey there! Nice to have you onboard!!!

As to the comics - I'm not sure about getting the zip files...but if you search on www.ebay.co.uk or www.ebay.com you will find that there are people seeling the entire collection of TF comics on CD for between £5 and £10 - a good buy if you want them all but don't want to have to download them.

Also - try www.winmx.com for TF eps!

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

or buy them of me for four of your English pounds... but not for a week or so...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Jimmi Magnus
Protoform

Post by Jimmi Magnus »

It's not that I'm too cheap to buy a cd with all the image scans on, but I have no credit-card that can be used for payment, and I live in Denmark. My past experience with buying stuff outside Denmark and having it sent here is, to say the least, not very good. Due to custom regulations and delivery services, I have allways ended up paying at least twice the adverticed price.

And I wouldn't mind downloading the stuff, but TFarchive is a bit slow, and it takes me upwards to 30 seconds to load one page. And that's with 512kbit connection.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If I had the facilities, I'd love to upload the lot... it's a real shame no-one's done that yet Image

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper:
If I had the facilities, I'd love to upload the lot... it's a real shame no-one's done that yet Image
I've been working on it, but the it is so much work, and I'm not sure if people like the format....

I've got Survivors , Doubledeal of the century and Peace

[This message has been edited by Kickback (edited 12-08-2001).]
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

CJ,

Did you say that you have the Comics on CD for £4? Is that the UK comics or the US comics or both?

If you're selling the comics on CD for £4 could i possibly get a copy?

And you mentioned about putting all the comics up in one place in zip files - well if I get the CD off you - I would do it.

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cue blatant advert:-
http://www.tfdatabase.cjb.net/

But don't send me anything to do with it for a week, till i get closer to the ol' 'puter...

It'll all be on a single shiny disc Image

Ignore the price on there, there's a £1 discount for Archivers!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cliffjumper (edited 12-08-2001).]
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Jimmi Magnus, e-mail me at nmathew01@hotmail.com and I'll send them to you. The entire lot is around 700 megs unzipped, and zipping them won't get much compression out of it. E-mail me your connection speed so I have an idea what I'm working with.

--NMathew
________
Essential Vaaapp Vaporizer
Jimmi Magnus
Protoform

Post by Jimmi Magnus »

Thanks for the offer Mathew.
I have mailed you with the info requested.
sprites touch
Protoform

Post by sprites touch »

As nmathew said, zipping won't help you much, but maybe your connection speed to transfans.com would be better, I think they have the same scans of the 80 US issues and few of the G2 issues.

edit: you could also use a download mennager like DAP or Flashget or getright and DL multiple pages at a time.
it's abit of a tidious work, but that's how I got them(with a 56K modem), but I'm crazy that way.

------------------

Maybe it's 'cause of all those punchs to my head, but I'm starting to see yer point.

[This message has been edited by sprites touch (edited 12-12-2001).]
Jimmi Magnus
Protoform

Post by Jimmi Magnus »

The only reason I want to be able to download a zipped file, is because I want to NOT right-click and select download for every 25 pages for every TF comic out there (some mentioned more than 100). I was very well aware that it would not save alot of space. :P