More knockoffs surfacing... Reflector

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

More knockoffs surfacing... Reflector

Post by Denyer »

Though this lot you aren't going to mistake for the real thing unless they're loose and you're a bit slow (...just as a reminder, watch out for carded cassettes at the moment or any boxed Swoops that turn up in the relatively near future. If something looks in too good condition to be genuine, it probably isn't.)

http://www.a2ztoy.com/product_gallery/t ... /index.htm

Thanks to Jarodimus at TFW for the news:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=120527
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That looks mighty sharp. I still gotta track down a lens for my original . . . when I actually have money.
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

Oooh. I want one. O_o...red or not.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They seem to be available in at least a couple of "main body of camera" colours, including red and blue.

I think the red looks pretty sharp. Possibly not twenty quid sharp, but compared to the cost of a set of original era ones... I should've hunted around the warehouse clearance place I got my Joustra Browning from back in the day...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Denyer
They seem to be available in at least a couple of "main body of camera" colours, including red and blue.

The blue scheme just might give me a reason to start collecting again. Always wanted Reflector and I'd rather not pay a premium for an original on e-bay.
Originally posted by Denyer
...just as a reminder, watch out for carded cassettes at the moment...)

Actually, I picked up the knock-off cassettes a while back, for the Rumble and Frenzy of course. The quality isn't too shabby on these and they were fairly cheap. They're definitely a close likeness to the originals and I have noticed some sellers trying to scam people on e-bay. It certainly doesn't help matters much that they're also packaged in replicated versions of the original cards.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, they look decent and I've seen good feedback -- just want people to be aware of what's out there and use common sense when bidding. If I see a set with Ratbat in for cheap, I'll probably nab 'em... but it'd be an impulse thing. By the time they're imported to the US and back out, for instance, it adds up.