The most annoying thing in the world!!!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

The most annoying thing in the world!!!!

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm sat here desparately trying to get a rather large piece of coursework done and that little b@st@ard paper-clip man in microsoft Word just will not get out of my face - GRRRRRRRRRRRR!RR!RR!!R!RR! Go away and leave me in piece you annoying icon! - he keeps popping up like a bad smell and asking me if I want his help - GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Anyone know how to banish him to somewhere he'll never come back from...ever...ever....ever!?!??!

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

I already know what your problem is, the product is by Microsoft

------------------
Can you guess who made this fine sig here, thats right Skywarp did
------------------
Apparently if I were an Autobot I would be:
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

If you click on him with the mouse, then he should ask "what do you want me to do"?

In his speech bubble will be an 'options' button, click on it and you will have a gallery of less annoying characters to choose from. I like Rocky, or Earl the depressed cat.

Regards,
Windcharger
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Unfortunately I don't have the other alternatives installed - personally I'd choose the little robot guy - he good!

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Then turn your G1 Galvatron on to the middle sound setting and push the button. The high pitched squeal will frighten small animals and make other people bleed from the ears. Image

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Transformers TNG--The ultimate in TF gaming.

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the winners of the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Whew thought this was about me.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this beautiful sig and Tc84 for hosting it.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Y 2 J. I am a Jerichoholic.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

grrrr....now my eyes are so heavy I can hardly hold em open - guess i gotta give in and go up to bed - this work'll keep til tomorrow...I hope...

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Computron

Post by Computron »

Don't know about you but I find the most annoying thing in the world are topics that ask what the most annoying thing in the world is [/rant] Image Image

seriously. Linux is the way forward (once a few bugs have been sorted out like making it easier to install files but it has a number of office style programs that are actually better than the microsoft equivalent and cost a fraction of the price (if u actually do buy them and not d/l them which u r allowed to by law)

also the only good thing about the man is asking him stupid stuff "What colour is rumble", "Who became Cyclonus" and "where was Snarl in the movie"

------------------
Nominate the true Megatron at Seibertron.com

Images thanks to THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Well, the simplest thing to do is simply not install the Office Assistant in the first place... but if you have 2000 you can a) hide the little bugger, and b) turn it off through the options. You could also try Add/Remove programs in Control Panel and see if it lets you remove individual components.

I loathe that thing; if I want to read the help, I'll read the help.

Linux is great if you're not a computer newie; however, I still pretty much am, despite being pretty in-depth with M$ OSes...

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
The HeartBrend Kid
Protoform

Post by The HeartBrend Kid »

Microsoft Word is inherently evil.

I refuse to use it on principal. I even went so far as to installing my home (cough'licensed'tothreedifferendpeoplecough) version of WordPerfect at work so I didn't have to touch the bloody thing.

------------------
"You're insane!"
"So they say!"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If you're in the UK you can make it more legit by picking up some very favourably priced OEM software here: http://www.cdromcellar.com/

edit: Word isn't that bad... it's just that 97 is the same as 2000 for 99% operations, yet takes up about four times as much space due to bloatcoded core suite resources...

WordPerfect 8, as far as I can see, is one of the most bugged products ever, or the version which ships with lots of motherboards these days is, anyway.

[This message has been edited by Stuart Denyer (edited 12-11-2001).]
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

Yeah that thing is annoying. I ignore it. Problem with Microsoft is it's the WORST product out there........except for all the others.... Image
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

www.stardivision.com

version 5.2

--NMathew
________
HEMP