In other news... MINI Alternator = for real?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

In other news... MINI Alternator = for real?

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pr060

Take this with a grain of salt, BBTS have been duped before (remember BT-09 Wheeljack?).

The "source from Japan" might have simply fallen for Mini's current advertizing campaign (the giant billboard in NYC), and don't forget the ominous website that built up to the campaign a while back...

So, this MIGHT mean BBTS got duped again, but it could ALSO mean that Hasbro liked the campaign and actually struck a deal with Mini.

Only one thing's bugging me... BT-09? Where's the remolded Jeep Wrangler (which we've already seen prototypes of, plus the "Swindle" listing a while back)? Where's the Ford Mustang (which has also been semi-confirmed already)? Where's the rumored Dodge Neon?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

BBTS doesn't quite seem to be very responsible in their preordering...I mean, they have some God Ginrai thing up for preorder and they even admit to not knowing what it is exactly.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Believe it when you hold it;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The preorder page has been updated: Scheduled to arrive in November. This could be real, after all...

But where the heck is the Hound remold? Where is the Ford Mustang? :(
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Hate to say it, but I just don't trust BBTS anymore after the BT Wheeljack thing. I used to preorder whenever something came up, but now I look for confirmation somewhere else first... And I wouldn't call the stuff on Mini's website confirmation. :(

You figure if this is true, that'll be Bumblebee (since VW is officially off the market)?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by BigMaki
And I wouldn't call the stuff on Mini's website confirmation. :(

Right on that. Despite what the creeps at Seibertron claim, the flash animation at Mazda's site was labeled as "MAZDA TRANSFORMER" and linked to "ALTERNATORS" from day 1, while the Mini thing so far doesn't use any Hasbro trademarks.

So far.
Preda-bot
Protoform

Post by Preda-bot »

I'm not so sure about the Atl. Mini and I do hope it true. But I think it not.
Of couse I could be wrong....
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Hate to say it, but I just don't trust BBTS anymore after the BT Wheeljack thing.
Got it in one.
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

the giant billboard in NYC

I said this a month ago. Too bad i had no camera with me. That's 37th St. and 7th ave i believe.
________
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

hmm seems like every new alt BBTS says is comeing out is due in november...
Take this with a grain of salt

a gaint grain of salt..
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Two things:

First, Archonia now also have him listed for preorder.

For those curious, I once asked Archonia why they still don't have the Mazda RX-8 listed as "Meister" and they replied "We didn't get solid confirmation from our supplier yet". That and a few other not-instantly-jumping-on-bandwagon-changes for their preorders (it took them more than a month until they got solid information that convinced them to swith the RX-8 to "BT-08", Dead End to "BT-05" and Tracks to "BT-06", although other stores had that information long since) makes me believe they're somewhat more reliable regarding new announcements... Still, if the supplier all those online stores get their information from is screwed up, they're all screwed up...

Second: Just got my reply from Mini. I first pointed to the robot on their website, then gave a link to BBTS' preorder page. Looks like I asked the wrong people, though...
Hi Torsten, thanks for writing MINI.

The information you provided is not a MINI product. I am sorry to say that we cannot provide you with any additional information.
So, even Mini don't know for sure... They didn't say "No, this will not be done" but more so "We don't know anything about this, because even if it's for real, it's not produced by Mini ourselves, so we can't help you". So, the quest goes on...
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

]
Originally posted by nevermore

So, even Mini don't know for sure... They didn't say "No, this will not be done" but more so "We don't know anything about this, because even if it's for real, it's not produced by Mini ourselves, so we can't help you". So, the quest goes on...

dude,i donno.maybe(actually probebly) its my bad english,and i didnt understand the contaxt,but if you dare to ask subaro, mazda and of course chevrolet,they will all say its licenced by them.
you have mentioned the billboard in your email,and also the flash on the main site.surely,even their janitor should've seen it by now.i still say its a complete hoax.only time will tell, but so far its guilty till proven inoccent.

got...to..practice...my...grammar.....

EDIT:sorry about the qoute script issue,btw
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!