What the heck is Combiner Wars animation?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brimstone
Protoform

What the heck is Combiner Wars animation?

Post by Brimstone »

I've been looking around this site, and even the web, and I'm having trouble discerning what the heck this new Combiner Wars cartoon is that is coming out next month.

https://youtu.be/Dtaws91dGs4

It talks about this multi-media event called the Prime Wars Trilogy?? What...the actual...[foxtrot]?? It uses the same logo as the toys and the IDW comics, but it can't be the same continuity as the comics, it seems.

Does anyone know what this is all about, or where I can read about what this is...because none of the sites I've found seem to really know what they're talking about.

Thanks!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

because none of the sites I've found seem to really know what they're talking about.
Sounds like IDW alright.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Brimstone wrote:I've been looking around this site, and even the web, and I'm having trouble discerning what the heck this new Combiner Wars cartoon is that is coming out next month.
It's a cartoon called Combiner Wars, based off the toyline of the same name.
It talks about this multi-media event called the Prime Wars Trilogy?? What...the actual...[foxtrot]?? It uses the same logo as the toys and the IDW comics, but it can't be the same continuity as the comics, it seems.
Prime Wars is the name given to the trilogy of toylines comprised of Combiner Wars, Titans Return and whatever comes after.

I wouldn't expect it to be the same continuity as the comics in the same way that the cartoons have pretty much always been a separate continuity to the comics.

That's pretty much all the information I'm aware of, tbh.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Prime Wars is the name given to the trilogy of toylines comprised of Combiner Wars, Titans Return and whatever comes after.

I wouldn't expect it to be the same continuity as the comics in the same way that the cartoons have pretty much always been a separate continuity to the comics.

That's pretty much all the information I'm aware of, tbh.
Ah, okay. So not really the multi-media event that one site was claiming (which unfortunately I can't find at the moment). I thought they were going for something like the TF: Prime, War/Fall of Cybertron, TF novels thing they tried a few years ago (and kinda failed at...it wasn't really the cohesive narrative they said it would be). But I guess they're not.

Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty slick...I was just confused about it and why it's flown under the radar so much.

Thanks for the info!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

The cartoon for what its worth actually looks quite good visually and has taken an interesting plot.

Transformers: Combiner Wars: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 58Kbksi-ah

A link to all the content Machinima has released so far on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2