One-winged Starscream

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
The Green Knight

One-winged Starscream

Post by The Green Knight »

You know, the more I see that single wing that Armada Starscream has when he's using his sword, the more it bugs me.

Why don't both of his wings turn into swords? Why? That would be so badass. The neo Screamer could be dealing out the asskickings Musashi style! Ah, I guess they just wouldn't let him be that cool. He might be considered a threat to King Dumbass (Megatron.) Cause let's face it, those writers are just head-over-heels in love with Megatron, always trying to keep him in the leader's seat, no matter how much the plot suffers.

Hmm, once I get Starscream, I might just try my hand at kitbashing...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Put on your own wings, massive wings that make him weigh 10 pounds, and while you're at it why not give him some real (mini) swords?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Megatron owns you all. Especially Snake.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Megatron owns you all. Especially Snake.
It should be: M3g4tr0n 0wnz j00 4ll!!!! Anyways, yes he does Sixswitch, yes he does.
The Green Knight

*Puts on a government-issue thought helmet and packets Megatron until his head explodes.

pH33r Th3 r33T sk1LLz!

I can't believe I said something that lame.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

It should not be anything involving numbers when I an typing a sentence. nor should it contain 'z' or 'j' unless there is a 'z' or a 'j' in the word (according to the Oxford English Dictionary, or failing that, common convention, or failing that, whether I say there should be or not).

As you can tell, this hacker type method of typing really, really, annoys me.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

And I can't understand half of it.
Denyer

Re: One-winged Starscream

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Snake
Why don't both of his wings turn into swords?
DO THEY NOT?!

Darn.
The Green Knight

Originally posted by Sixswitch
It should not be anything involving numbers when I an typing a sentence. nor should it contain 'z' or 'j' unless there is a 'z' or a 'j' in the word (according to the Oxford English Dictionary, or failing that, common convention, or failing that, whether I say there should be or not).

As you can tell, this hacker type method of typing really, really, annoys me.
Hackers don't talk like that. I'm not sure if they ever did, but they certainly don't now, nor do they reffer to themselves as "elite", or any lamespeak equivalent. Only scriptkiddies and newbies use that stuff. And ocassionally people who are joking around.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I hate that leet crap, and only use it to flame asshole gamers.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

l33t haX0r like Jeff K!

Anyway, on the Starscream issue, I don't understand why both wings weren't made into swords, wait yes I do, because Hasbro are cheap, money grubbing bastards.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Ground Zero
Protoform

Post by Ground Zero »

Can anyone here confirm 100% that they don't both come off? I always assumed that they both did, but he was only displayed with one wing as a sword just to show what they looked like off and on his back.

And please, give the Hasbro-bashing a rest. It's getting old fast.
Wildfire Herald

Only one does. You can tell by looking at him in jet mode, the joints in the removable one are visible, the other is clean and smooth.

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
Ground Zero
Protoform

Post by Ground Zero »

Suddenly I'm reminded of Sephiroth's final form in FF7...

That's rather sad that only one wing comes off to form a sword. It would have been nice if you could opt to remove both wings.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Ground Zero
And please, give the Hasbro-bashing a rest. It's getting old fast.
Why not bash them? They suck so bad that they're not going to release Brave Max. Instead, they release repaints that weren't even on the show (I wouldn't mind the repaints, its just that when there is a toy for a character on the show, that toy should get priority), and ugly-as-balls Armada.

You seem to be the only one that likes Hasblow. I only put up with them. I wish Takara had branches outside of Japan. They don't give their fans the shaft, when it comes to the big toys. Look at the Black repaint of Fire Convoy. They gave that thing away as a prize for what I believe was a free contest. They know how to treat their customers.
Ground Zero
Protoform

Post by Ground Zero »

Well, first of all, what is Takara currently doing with the Transformers line? Reissues and money-grabs. No new toys now or in the immediate future.

Hasbro on the other hand, brought over a kick-ass toy line, and gave us several great US exclusives like the 8 US-only spychangers. And let's face it, it was Hasbro and their Beast Wars line that resurrected Transformers in the first place.

As far as Brave Max is concerned, North America just doesn't have the disposable income that Japan does. Bringing such an expensive toy over here would not be economically feasable. I mean, a lot of people want the toy, but how many will be able to afford the price tag? And trust me, a bunch of fan boys alone will not suffice, and what parent is going to buy Fort Max for their kid when I've already heard complaints about the prices of Prime and Magnus?

Be glad Hasbro has given TFs a second chance, and that they have put as much effort into it as they have. Armada promises new toys and a new animated series (52 eps for first season), comics and a video game.
Wildfire Herald

What, the $50 price tag for Brave Max? That's what the estimated price was, or less even. And I still think Armada looks good even if you all hate it, it's like I've been saying, they finally give you guys vehicle transformers again with no animals and yet still you bitch, there's just no pleasing some people....

My want list