eBay seller/buyer blacklist

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Savannahtron

eBay seller/buyer blacklist

Post by Savannahtron »

Since a lot of us use eBay, we have this thread for black listed eBay sellers.

Example reasons:
  • Seller never sends items.
  • Condition of items is not as described.
  • Seller overcharges for shipping (i.e. charges for $10 for shipping, but it actually cost $3.00)
No flames.

Include user name, auction reference, and brief description of the problem. (edit: And ideally a link to the seller's feedback profile as well as the auction in question, since eBay don't keep auction listings for more than a few months.)

No flames.

[Denyer]

Testimonies are those of individual members. They don't represent an official line by TFArchive as a whole, or its administrative staff.

I've broadened the scope of this to cover problem buyers as well.

[/Denyer
Civ

Post by Civ »

I recommend Toysguru for the blacklist. About a month ago, I won 5 knock-off gestalts from him. At first, communication was great. He didn't have one of the gestalts I wanted so he offered a substitute. I was fine with this. I made my usual lightning fast payments and about a month later, I'm still waiting for the gestalts to arrive.

Here is the reference link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Mf ... 3160655587

Apparently, Toysguru has been given a lot of negative comments in a very short expanse of time. I recommend that you stay away from him altogether.

edit by Denyer:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.d ... d=toysguru

Where relevant, link to feedback as well as auctions, since auction listings are deleted by eBay after a period of time.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

One that I'm sure most people will agree with me on is Wheeljackslab. In my experience, it's not that he is a shady businesman, but he has no concept of customer etiquete. He once sent me an email, but his address was not clearly written in the email (instead, he had put a link to his page, where the address was written, with the instructions "Do not send payment for ebay items to this address," or something like that), so I asked him where to send the money. Instead of writing a few lines down (God forbid he'd do something for a confused customer), he decided to argue with me, saying that he had sent it. The only reason I ended up giving him good feedback was that I was having a bad day when I got the package, and it cheered me up. That was only the second time I dealt with him, but it was the last.

Feedback: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.d ... eljackslab

A really unreliable one is decepticonzero. He doesn't respond to emails for months, then contacts you out of the blue with some lame excuse as to why he was late. The first time, it was because he had a broken finger, so I felt bad, and decided to go with him again, but the next time, the excuse was that he works out of town, so he couldn't keep track. If you're gonna be flaky, you shouldn't sell on ebay.

Feedback: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.d ... pticonzero

The other two I'd warn you of are no longer users anyway. It's been so long since I dealt with these people that I no longer have a reference auction for them.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Wheeljackslab: 2 years ago cheated me out of a Perceptor gun and tech spec *2 seperate auctions*; when I emailed him about never receiving either item, he made me wait 30 days for the mail, and then when it still did not arrive, he offered to sell me another set, even though he claimed that 2 packages were lost in the mail.

He also sells toys stripped down, claiming them to be C9, when in fact he has removed the stickers himself to try and get a higher grade. Often I have heard of customers of his having major complaints about him, his stuff comes dirty, cat urine smelling, and often entirely a different item than pictured in his auction (he uses the same picture for C7, C8 and C9 "condition") when your purchase might not look anything like it at all.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

ButtZilla
Protoform

Post by ButtZilla »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
One that I'm sure most people will agree with me on is Wheeljackslab.

Him....Grrrr....! :mad:
B@Zing
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Someone called SchwartzEnterprises [I can't remember if that was the ID or justa shop name] should be avoided for non-US buyers, unless you want your Red Alert to be nothing like the picture, shipped in a 2 foot by four foot box and with the customs form helpfully filled out for ten times the value of the item.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... y=748&rd=1

edtherat, bought a Real Ghostbusters Slimer off him described as being in "good condition", small photo to hide terrible paint wair and fingers missing.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
PRIMALTRON
Protoform

Post by PRIMALTRON »

This guy is one to avoid

davidallanhrushka1973

http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI ... rushka1973

I won some auctions cheap then he claims they broke,he then offered one auction where one item broke to me at his price and threatend to leave Neg if I did not pay.
He then resold item minus broken item and offered it to me again after he resold it (this was only because he got a lot less from new seller)
He even had the cheek to leave negative feedback claiming I demanded USA shipping costs to UK,which he can not prove as I never asked this and he sends emauil after email saying the same thing

The item I did pay for as it was undamaged he charged about $20 for shipping and packaging but sent it in an envelope with no protection what so ever for about $15 and refused $5 refund

He also uses a grading guide to auction his goods,that is ok but he is the president of grading site,conflict of interest I think when grading

Avoid at all costs
The war is over any who dissagree will be destroyed
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

Originally posted by ESKiM0J03
tmspeed

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 3151342651

its been 92 days or so now and nothing has arrived savvy t and I contacted him and he agreed to send another after several emails still nothing has arrived.

UPDATE

finally recieved this package and instead of one he sent 2 better ones! the shipping he paid ended up being more than i paid all together thiswas very nice of him.
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Good,
you can promptly mail me mine then :)

j/k glad it worked out for you.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Just a suggestion... if a beef with someone is sorted, wouldn't it make sense to cut them from the list?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*waves* I'm replying here rather than bumping and space-taking. I think it's good to note sellers who work things out rather than silently cutting them from the list, personally. If there's a significant gap between original post and resolution, an edit to the original post would be good, though. —Denyer
Raven
Protoform

Post by Raven »

I recomend this guy to be Hung, Drawn & Quatered

bsothp

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3173967351

I won a armada unicron in an energon box pretty cheap for uk prices. He had 100% feedback so i thought nothing of it sending him around $80 for the item and shipping. I heard nothing for 2 weeks after I told him I sent payment. That was feb 11th I hassled him constantly over it, he claimed he finaly got my money 2 weeks after I sent it & was shipping it out the next day.

A week later I still had nothing so I hassled him some more & he fobbed me off with a fairly lame excuse but promised he'd get it sent out by the end of that week. Come March 11th I had no unicron, $80+ down & found out he'd either quit ebay or been kicked off. Tried to get my money back from ebay but just went round in circles.
cocorubs
Protoform

Question! Do you all ever check feedback first?

Post by cocorubs »

The only way I buy transformers off of ebay is first to check the feedback, and if it's 99% and above, I don't deal with them, and even if it's 99 - 99.9999%, I look to see if there were any negative feedback within the last 6 months, then, and only then, if it's all good, I buy from ebay, and that's not just transformers, that's anything.

I am not trying to knock any of you all, but it seems that if these people are on the blacklist, they should have a lot of negative feedback.

well, just wondering.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

the one i found was charlie p. he is a seller in the us. i pre ordered a armada unicron from him in june 2003 costing me over $120 and i still havent recieved anything. i emailed him in september and he said to wait another couple of weeks. december came and still nothing so i emailed him again. he said he will send another one out. so far ive not got anything. he had good feedback too. ended up buying my unicron from a uk seller who i have now used loads of times.

2 sellers i can really recommend are zainojanz (ebay stall:- toys reside here) and crossgundam. they ship really fast and items are always as listed. zainojanz also refunds any extra postage back if he has charged you too much.
NullPointer
Protoform

Post by NullPointer »

I'm not wanting to name any sellers because to be honest, they've been very trustworthy. But I've been suckered into listings on the UK site, saying that the sellers are in the UK but are infact either in Canada or Hong Kong.

So items take ages to get here because of unexpected international shipping.
Raven
Protoform

Post by Raven »

zainojanz is a decent seller but too expensive. last year he was listing a re-issue hot rod for £25 when they only £9.99.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

My advice would be not to buy from them... but I don't see how this is in any way relevant to poor service, since the price is clearly stated.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by NullPointer
I'm not wanting to name any sellers because to be honest, they've been very trustworthy. But I've been suckered into listings on the UK site, saying that the sellers are in the UK but are infact either in Canada or Hong Kong.

So items take ages to get here because of unexpected international shipping.

Yeh, but they all say the item will ship from Hong Kong, so what's unexpected...? I've had bigger problems with a few British sellers who decide they ship when they feel like it...

Blackheartbooze - just seems to send the items he feels like sending http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI ... ompage=222

And this tosser, who might well be busted by Swindon police, someone who he swindled out of £70 tells me
http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws1/eBayISAPI ... 14&frm=921

Plus an honourary mention for the numpty I won UK #39 & #41 off. He charged me £2 postage - fair props, really, as it was stated in the auction. The fact they arrived folded in half in a bog standard envelope not even marked "Do Not Bend", with 42p postage paid, looking so dreadful I might have to buy another copy of each was slightly less understandable. I'm waiting to see if he's going to reply to my email asking him to explain himself before I Neg Feedback and name the pillock. A full refund really isn't less than I should expect, is it? No doubt his mother died or something...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Aye, absolutely no excuse for poor packaging at that price. A piece of card costs basically nowt.

That's "blackhartbooze" BTW... got my stuff without much delay, personally. Seems to take on more auctions than he can handle, though.