Want to buy toys directly from Hasbro?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Want to buy toys directly from Hasbro?

Post by Nevermore »

http://mastercollector.com/HasbroDTCpics.html

As originally reported by TFW 2005 and Allspark.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

WTF? Is this replacing the OTFCC store or what? What's the point in having the official fan clubs for the brands have online stores if you're going to set one up yourself? Piss off the people who joined the clubs because they thought they could get this crap direct?
Cliffjumper

Re: Want to buy toys directly from Hasbro?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Nevermore
http://mastercollector.com/HasbroDTCpics.html

As originally reported by TFW 2005 and Allspark.

Personally, I think this is a stilletto in the scrotum of fandom. If Transformers are avaliable direct from Hasbro, how are people going to bitch about Wave 1 toys still being on the shelves? This has bad implications for the Archive too - RiD Scourge is going to have to find something else to bitch about, and we all know how that's been done in the past.

I seriously do expect a wave of half-baked self-appointed "purists", who insist on trucking around town buying toys off the shelves. There are lunatics out there who won't look at pictures of toys ahead of purchase - how'll they do that on a direct to customer site?
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I have to say it beats paying 40 bucks for a crappy looking Aerialbot figure. Hell with gas prices sucking as much I am going to love this!
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Piss off the people who joined the clubs because they thought they could get this crap direct?
Something quickly disproved (or made less desirable) having seen their prices... the collectors' store will offer exclusive stuff, the mass-market one won't. And should have cheaper prices if they have any sense.
RID Scourge

Re: Re: Want to buy toys directly from Hasbro?

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
RiD Scourge is going to have to find something else to bitch about, and we all know how that's been done in the past.

Nah, I all ready know what I'll bitch about next. I'll bitch about the fact that your mom is crap in bed . . . :smokin:

EDIT: I like it. It might be cheaper, as we won't have to pay the middleman . . .
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Hmm, this is interesting, I wonder waht the prices will be. Over the internet their are several stores that have decent prices, this will have to have a decent price but also decent shipping costs. It cost me $40 to send Bruticus Maximus + Rid Galvatron shipped over from Stuckakid. Should be here in 4 days though ...
Cliffjumper

Re: Re: Re: Want to buy toys directly from Hasbro?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Nah, I all ready know what I'll bitch about next. I'll bitch about the fact that your mom is crap in bed . . . :smokin:

Aww bless, not an original thought in his head. Not that I'm bothered what you call your hand, or what you think it says to you.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nope. You're the only one, who calls your hand "Cliffjumper's mommy" you incest-driven bastid.

How's that for original? ;)
sodabotfizz
Protoform

Post by sodabotfizz »

Is it just me, or did I miss any mention of Transformers being a part of this new online direct store?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Stay on-topic, guys.
HasbroToyShop.com, which is scheduled to go live in May, will initially focus on a select number of Hasbro brands, including MY LITTLE PONY, WEEBLES, VIDEONOW and a variety of family games from Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers.
It's possible TFs may not be offered (at least initially) to avoid competition with the club shop. However—especially if enough people complain about scalping prices—I imagine it wouldn't be the case for too long...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

It is interesting that the Transformers brand isn't mentioned. I wouldn't expect a direct store from Hasbro to offer lower-than-retail prices (or at least cheap shipping), but I did expect that of the club since it requires a hefty membership fee. Unless the club store offers everything in the lineup and/or some decent exclusives, I'm not wasting another $40 next year for a half-assed online store and self-serving articles attached to a fanboy mess of a comic, wrapped in a crappy set of newsprint classifieds.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, it sounded a bit sketch from the getgo. I'm actually glad I couldn't be arsed to sign up for it.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

Hmm.. this site sounds interesting- i may use it to get back issues of Star Wars and Transformers;)