TF Wire (fan podcast)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

TF Wire (fan podcast)

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tfwire.com/

They started out pretty, uhm, yeah, not-so-overwhelming, but I've started to like the show.

Anyway, episode 10 has just been uploaded. I'm gonna report new episodes from now on.

Feedback is also welcome, I'll make sure to forward any requests, suggestions and complaints to Matrix Prime. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Re: TF Wire (fan podcast)

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Nevermore
I'm gonna report new episodes from now on.

Does that have anything because Matrix Prime mentioned you on
the first show? :p ;) :p ;)

Of course I'm just kidding Nevermore.

I d/l the first episode on my PC (becuase I don't have an iPod) and get the time I'll d/l some more.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The first episodes are horrible, but it gets more fun with later episodes. I really enjoy the talking after the end music. ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tangent to the topic; everyone else can call them 'podcasts' (or whatever term Apple fans are jisming over this month) if they want—I'm sticking to 'MP3 files'. Throwing in a feed and a protocol doesn't make downloading audio a big deal.

Though what is interesting is how bandwidth is coming down in price enough to permit 28Mb downloads to provide info that can be reviewed as text much more directly.

Haven't tried the others, but Episode 10 could use some editing to keep the volume of the TF music down.

"Gee-wun"? People actually say that?

Disagree with them on many of the comics points, but they do seem to be primarily toy fiends.

I think they'd find jotting notes before starting recording would be useful.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Surely this belongs in VoC or Resources, rather than news?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Discussion about news, so it's meta—and supplying a thus far unique service that blind or partially-sighted Transformers fans might find it particularly helpful. Stuff that the fandom does is occasionally news. That's how I'm viewing it.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I just like the fact that Microsoft has been trying desperately to get people to call them "blogcasts" instead of "podcasts."

I think of them as syndicated MP3 shows. I'll have to listen to this one eventually.

I believe it was a small percentage of the black iPod Nanos that were scratching. All models scratch to a certain extent, (save for the Shuffle) but I think that comes more from treating them like **** and not taking care of them, personally.
frenzy69
Protoform

Post by frenzy69 »

I hope they start doing video podcasts, showing actual moving footage and reviews, It would be nice to see them try to transform an alternator and see how quick they can do it. The good thing about podcasts is cause it's just talking usually they can compress it more, sound quality isn't such a great issue. I wouldn't mind a compressed video either if it's aimed at the new video ipod, as most footage on the web is low res any way.

It would of been good if their was a video podcast of the Rumoured G1 relaunch sheduled for after Cybertron and betwwen the TF LAM.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Episode 11 is up.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Episode 12. ARGH. Only two hosts this week, and over two minutes' worth stupid "hold on" music because one of the guys had to answer a phone call. :wall:

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Are these things published live? Is there any form of script at all?

Nice that the BotCon free give-out is available more widely;

http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/in ... ductid=850

(NB: haven't listened, just skimmed the list of topics they felt were interesting.)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Halloween "special" episode 13 is up.

NO MORE STATIC!
REALMatrixPrime
Protoform

Post by REALMatrixPrime »

Originally posted by frenzy69
I hope they start doing video podcasts, showing actual moving footage and reviews, It would be nice to see them try to transform an alternator and see how quick they can do it. The good thing about podcasts is cause it's just talking usually they can compress it more, sound quality isn't such a great issue. I wouldn't mind a compressed video either if it's aimed at the new video ipod, as most footage on the web is low res any way.

It would of been good if their was a video podcast of the Rumoured G1 relaunch sheduled for after Cybertron and betwwen the TF LAM.

So I had to register under REALMatrixPrime, since there is a poser on the board using my name. I am the host of TFWIRE, and also run TFRollout.com

To answer your question, we will NOT be doing video. The 4 of us who do the podcast are in completely different parts of the country, so that would be impossible. I think it would certainly be great to do, it just isn't possible.
REALMatrixPrime
Protoform

Originally posted by Denyer
Are these things published live? Is there any form of script at all?

Nice that the BotCon free give-out is available more widely;

http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/in ... ductid=850

(NB: haven't listened, just skimmed the list of topics they felt were interesting.)

What do you mean? We record the shows on Sunday night (for the most part), and I edit the show together and get it online the same night. Maybe a 2 hour turnaround time.

There isn't any script, except for the news topics we are going to read. The rest is just adlib.
REALMatrixPrime
Protoform

Originally posted by Denyer
Discussion about news, so it's meta—and supplying a thus far unique service that blind or partially-sighted Transformers fans might find it particularly helpful. Stuff that the fandom does is occasionally news. That's how I'm viewing it.
Volume has been an issue in the past, but with the new headsets we have, it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by REALMatrixPrime
So I had to register under REALMatrixPrime, since there is a poser on the board using my name.

Yeah, because it isn't just a generic name consisted of jamming the two lowest common demoninators in the TF lexicon together... the guy registered two years ago, I doubt he's trying to nab your Social Security or anything.
REALMatrixPrime
Protoform

If you look, he registered and has not posted.....someone did the same thing on TFW so I couldn't use the name there, luckily I got it back.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by REALMatrixPrime
If you look, he registered and has not posted.....someone did the same thing on TFW so I couldn't use the name there, luckily I got it back.

He registered his account in March 2003. I don't really think it was meant as a stab at you...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It really would be quite a common-sounding name... we have lots of posters registering as *Random TF related word* Prime. I'm not taking a dig [Hell, my screen-name is simply one of the first wave of characters], but it's hardly the most uncommon one you could pick... if your s/n was something like "Creator of the TF Wire Podcasts" you'd have a case...
SUPERMatrixPrime

Post by SUPERMatrixPrime »

I really don't see what all the fuss is about.