Cartoons you'd like to see updated

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Trollking
Protoform

Cartoons you'd like to see updated

Post by Trollking »

Once again I find myself killing time at college so I decided to do this thread.

I would like to Visionaries: Knights of magical light updated with the more advanced cg. I'd also like to see new version of Thundercats.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

hmm it depends really, i would like to see visionaries updated, but not at the moment, cartoons are in quite a poor stage at the moment, with less than good animation on the most part.
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

I want the o.g. X-Men & Spider-Man series from the 90's back & I want them now, **** this X-Men Evolution crap! What a waste, this show might be more interesting if these high school teens, drank, smoked and had sex like most teenagers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

The Simpsons updated to its former glory, when the writers were inciteful and funny. Nothing else really matters because when the Simpsons was great it slayed every other living thing.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

A lot of the recent 80's cartoon updates have turned out well. TMNT and Masters of the Universe are both excellent, mostly due to intelligent writing and some beautiful animation from Dong Woo Studios.

I'd, of course, like to see a new Ghostbusters cartoon. But I want a little more effort put into it this time than the Extreme Ghostbusters. To be fair, Extreme Ghostbusters had some very good stories and interesting monsters. I liked the dark theme. But what killed the series were the completely unlikeable characters. It had it's purpose, though, and kept people from forgetting about the Ghostbusters completely.

I'd like to see a new Ghostbusters cartoon in the vein of the recent comic. Good characters designs, writing and the story (after only 2 issues) seems to be moving in a fine direction. A few episodes revamping some of the classic villains from the Real Ghostbuters would also be appreciated by the fanboy in me. Less goofy versions of Samhaine and the Sandman would rock, and an even more gruesome version of the Boogeyman would rock even more.

The Real Ghostbusters had a very talented staff of writers, like Michael Reeves and J. Michael Straczynski. Bring them back but give them a greater creative license to do darker, more mature stories.

A Ghostbusters recamp in that vein has true potential.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Auntie Slag
The Simpsons updated to its former glory, when the writers were inciteful and funny. Nothing else really matters because when the Simpsons was great it slayed every other living thing.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Ewoks, was there anything better? the answer is... yes, course there was, who gave a poop about those furry finks?
Also possibly a SatAM revival, Sonic X is crud.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Oh where to begin...

Visionaries: yep. I love this show. I've got the series on DVD and about half on VHS. There were some great jokes. Give the characters a little bit of redesgning here and there (yellow armour? Gimme a break...) and meybe add in a few new ones. And some new vehicles of course. No preference for CG or cel animation.

M.A.S.K.: Just update the designs. Oh, and do it a little darker... so it actually seems like military espionage and not pantomime (as it did on occasion).
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

The new Voltron was crapterrific!
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Also possibly a SatAM revival, Sonic X is crud.

If you get the chance, check out the original Japanese version. The American one is editted beyond belief. The original Japanese version is very dark at times but also seems to poke fun at itself and video games in general (constantly breaking the 4th wall). It's a very intelligent cartoon, with fine animation from TMS and one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long time (the American version changed the music completely).

As for SatAM, the Archie comic is still going and that's more or less the SatAM universe. Don't read it, myself.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I got a few Archie comics whenever I was in America they werent bad but didnt have the edge the UK comic had which was entirely original and alot darker.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
I got a few Archie comics whenever I was in America they werent bad but didnt have the edge the UK comic had which was entirely original and alot darker.
I thought the Fleetway series just adapted stories from the video games?

Not that that's a bad thing. Sonic X has been adapting the stories from the Adventure games and doing an excellent job of it.

My understangin about the Archie series is that it started out really goofy with some awful art (like the Archie TMNT comic did) but around issue 40 or so really started to get dark and serious and the art quality went way up (like the Archie TMNT comic, again).
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

It did at times take elements but did them very differently.
Alphadog
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Trollking
Protoform

Post by Trollking »

Don't know if you guys know about this site or not but it's an almost complete archive of all the 80s cartoons. Here's the llink
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

..I'd seriously LOVE to see The Thundercats restored to the small screen again... and with proper writers, and the right voice actors... (since I doubt they'd be able to get the original cast back together), it could be a hit. Go back to before thundera blew... do a short two-three ep deal with Jaga and Grune, then Claudus' disappearance, then the planet blowing up and the evac for third earth... and just run with it from there.

And voltron... screw that "third dimension" crap! We want "VOLTRON: DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE"...

seriously tho.. if they'd take hints from how devil's due is running the series right now, heck. the might just hit gold.

And of course.. we NEED A NEW G.I. JOE.. and not this cgi valor vs venom junk. Sure, it was great seeing snake-eyes, jynx, kamakura and storm shadow go at it.. but gimmie the 2d cartoon any day. only problem will be commander's voice... I guess the one in the cgi is acceptable.. so long as we don't have "Riccochet" from Mucha Lucha doing Shipwreck's voice again!
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

I agree with Wolfang on M.A.S.K. while a real darker series of Batman wit no Robin (damn those sidekicks!) and a bad azz Joker.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
..I'd seriously LOVE to see The Thundercats restored to the small screen again... and with proper writers, and the right voice actors... (since I doubt they'd be able to get the original cast back together), it could be a hit. Go back to before thundera blew... do a short two-three ep deal with Jaga and Grune, then Claudus' disappearance, then the planet blowing up and the evac for third earth... and just run with it from there.

And voltron... screw that "third dimension" crap! We want "VOLTRON: DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE"...

seriously tho.. if they'd take hints from how devil's due is running the series right now, heck. the might just hit gold.

And of course.. we NEED A NEW G.I. JOE.. and not this cgi valor vs venom junk. Sure, it was great seeing snake-eyes, jynx, kamakura and storm shadow go at it.. but gimmie the 2d cartoon any day. only problem will be commander's voice... I guess the one in the cgi is acceptable.. so long as we don't have "Riccochet" from Mucha Lucha doing Shipwreck's voice again!

Well, Gonzo Studios in Japan are working on a GI Joe anime OVA (however crazy that sounds) which will ost surely make its way to America sooner or later. So you'll have that. I also think Doug Park does a great job filling in for Latta as Cobra Commander. He's been pretty much accepted as Latta's "replacement", voicing all the incartnations of Starscream and Cobra Commander. He doesn't sound exactly the same but he brings his own uniqueness to the voice that I rather like. The REST of the cast, however, could use some real work.

And in regards to the Thundercats, I'd like to see a lot of the recent Wildstorm comics adapted. They did an excellent job continuing where the cartoon left off, I'd love to see some of those issues in motion.
Soundwarp SG-1
Protoform

Post by Soundwarp SG-1 »

Originally posted by Trollking
Don't know if you guys know about this site or not but it's an almost complete archive of all the 80s cartoons. Here's the llink

Thank You:D ! I have been looking for a site like this for ever.. Aparently my old T.V was capable of traversing time since I remember wachting most of those...:eyebrow:

Anyway I vote for Thundercats and pretty much anything thats not Captain Planet:rolleyes:
Trollking
Protoform

Post by Trollking »

Originally posted by Soundwarp SG-1
Thank You:D ! I have been looking for a site like this for ever.. Aparently my old T.V was capable of traversing time since I remember wachting most of those...:eyebrow:

Anyway I vote for Thundercats and pretty much anything thats not Captain Planet:rolleyes:

Glad you liked!:) Here's another link this is one covers wide variety of years and has forums though I have yet to visit them.

I don't know if a really good GI Joe cartoon will ever be made. Due to the politically correct BS. I haven't watched any of the Valor vs. Venom so I can't argue for or against but I hear more negative remarks than good.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

for some reason, as much as everyone bags the new simpsons, everyone i know irl (that likes it) says it isn't getting old
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler