iGear Presser aka Impactor

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
zigzagger

iGear Presser aka Impactor

Post by zigzagger »

iGear Presser prototype images @ iGear's Facebook page.

---

Clearly takes a lot of cues from Generations Warpath, but I like it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nicely done.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I want one.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It will be mine, oh yes. Alt mode is typical "Yeh, uhhh, Cybertronian vehicle" folded-up robot shit, but then he'll be near-permanently in robot mode so I couldn't care less.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Cliffjumper wrote:It will be mine, oh yes. Alt mode is typical "Yeh, uhhh, Cybertronian vehicle" folded-up robot shit, but then he'll be near-permanently in robot mode so I couldn't care less.
That's the way I feel about some of the Hasbro stuff. Namely, Straxus and Perceptor for starters. I could give a crap what they look like in alt mode. I bought them to stand there in robot mode and be Straxus and Perceptor.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Considering some of the names we've seen slapped on toys, that Impactor is actually a pretty cool Transformery name with a good design and that the tank alt mode lends itself to a few repaints I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't done one yet.

But that toy does look mighty fine.

EDIT: Ohhh, and as someone in the comments says, it lends itself to a zombie repaint as well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

zigzagger wrote:Clearly takes a lot of cues from Generations Warpath, but I like it.
I think it does more than just take cues from the toy. It looks like a wholesale copy of the figure's engineering, although I don't think there's a single piece that hasn't been remolded to look more Impactorish. This is probably the most creative bootleg of a Transformer figure I've ever seen, and one that deserves a lot of kudos.

From what we can see so far, I like this figure a lot more than most of the 'third party' toys that try to pass themselves off as Classics stand-ins. Since it's obviously based on an existing Generations design, it matches the aesthetics of the line well enough that it actually looks like it belongs on the same shelf as them (instead of being a slavish reproduction of the character model or a vaguely similar mech with G1 colours slapped on, like so many third-party toys).

Also Warpath is a good toy in it's own right, so anything that shares his engineering has a good chance of turning out well.

I'm curious what the finished product will look like.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Warcry wrote:I think it does more than just take cues from the toy.
Naughty bad evil iGear, not at all like those innovators at Fansproject. Heh.

Never really looked at Generations Warpath much myself, character was a prick and no-one needs a red tank, do they?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

iGear's ever-more-blatant thievery is counterbalanced by the fact that their toys usually have more than a passing resemblance to the character they're supposed to be. FansProject, not so much. Never really saw the fuss about any of the FP stuff, to tell the truth.

Warpath is one my my favourites from the Generations line, actually. Then again, I've always had a soft spot for the guy since I had his toy as a kid and managed to forget how annoying he was in the cartoon.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wonder if there'll be a spike in DotM Guzzle sales when this thing hits...

Never had a problem with bootlegging or outright theft on a personal level, TBH - if the people who own something won't/can't put it out and people (especially people who are me) want it, that's fine. Not legally, of course, but then as global corporations go Hasbro actually seem pretty laissez-faire - the amount of stuff TF fans get away with in regard to other fandoms is amazing. It's almost enough to make me forgive them for my dwarf Voyager Prime Prime.

Almost.

EDIT: I'm also pretty annoyed they've brought out a show called Prime meaning that every time I try to describe a certain figure it sounds like I'm doing a rubbish Shrapnel impression...
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Cliffjumper wrote:Wonder if there'll be a spike in DotM Guzzle sales when this thing hits...

Never had a problem with bootlegging or outright theft on a personal level, TBH - if the people who own something won't/can't put it out and people (especially people who are me) want it, that's fine. Not legally, of course, but then as global corporations go Hasbro actually seem pretty laissez-faire - the amount of stuff TF fans get away with in regard to other fandoms is amazing. It's almost enough to make me forgive them for my dwarf Voyager Prime Prime.
Dude, they let these guys set up booths at their own convention to hawk their TF related wares. I think it's a little beyond "Meh, whatever" but just short of "We want you to make official toys for us".

Hasbro seems to spoil us as a fandom. I'm not talking in a vague sense, but they seem intent on keeping us around. From the "Classics" lines to letting people like iGear and Fansproject do what they do.