I've far more X-Men questions than anyone ever should...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

I've far more X-Men questions than anyone ever should...

Post by Alpha Trion »

I've been out of the loop for quite some time, so I have some questions...

Where be: Banshee, Moira, the Gen-X crew, Shadowcat, Forge, Douglock, Captain Britain, Meggan, Wolfsbane, Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Havok, Bishop, Maggott, and Marrow? All lost to the fiery depths of Marvel Limbo?

Has Colossus stayed true to his word and remained dead?

Is Apocalypse officially currently dead? What are his chances of coming back?

Did the real X-Force ever get their book back from those turbo-revvin' young punks?

Do the AOA Horsemen Abyss and Holocaust have original-timeline counterparts?

Why does Jean no longer have telekinetic powers?

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Where are Artie and Leech, the greatest characters to appear in the marvel Universe, or any universe, EVER.

I can probably think of more questions, but these just sprang to mind recently.
BigMaki
Protoform

Re: I've far more X-Men questions than anyone ever should...

Post by BigMaki »

I've only just started back recently myself, but I'll answer what I can (until Tom shows up and answers the rest... ;))
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Where be: Banshee, Moira, the Gen-X crew, Shadowcat, Forge, Douglock, Captain Britain, Meggan, Wolfsbane, Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Havok, Bishop, Maggott, and Marrow? All lost to the fiery depths of Marvel Limbo?
Banshee: Was running X-Corps in Uncanny. Got his throat slit by Mystique but still alive.

Moira: Dead. Killed by Mystique.

Gen-X crew: Chamber was in UCX for a while, but isn't around currently. Husk is kind of a regular now (or in the stages of becoming one). Some others have been shown hanging around the Mansion in the past few issues.

Shadowcat: In college, currently in her own limited series, titled Mechanix. (Yes, I know, stupid title.)

Multiple Man: A member of X-Corps, showed up in New X-Men 130 last.

Havok: Comatose, but in the Mansion now. Should be waking up in UCX any day now...

Bishop: In X-Treme X-Men. Avoid.
Has Colossus stayed true to his word and remained dead?
Yup.
Did the real X-Force ever get their book back from those turbo-revvin' young punks?
Nope. And now it's called X-Statix (again, stupid title.)
Cliffjumper

Re: I've far more X-Men questions than anyone ever should...

Post by Cliffjumper »

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S
>Banshee

Last seen just about alive, having had his throat slit by Mystique in Uncanny X-Men's X-Corps storyline [#405, IIRC]

>Moira

Died from her wounds in UCX #388

>the Gen-X crew

Synch was killed by a bomb in Gen X #70,Chamber briefly served in Warren's team from UCX #399-409 , went off an hand an Icons series and has been AWL [sic] for a month or so, Emma Frost is a teacher at Xavier's and currently appears in New X-Men, Jubilee, M & Husk all turned up in the X-Corps storyline, with M and Husk since serving in Warren's team - Husk is in the current storyline, Dominant Species. Which rocks.

>Shadowcat

Left the X-Men after Colossus' death, in X-Men 110 - has since turned up in X-Treme X-Men 2001 and an issue of Unlimited X-Men - 38?

>Forge

Unseen since a few brief appearances working freelance at the Mansion in Claremont's last run.

>Douglock

Oh God... I think he merged with something to become a new warlock in the Alan Davis run, briefly having a solo series... but I have much of that storyline missing...

>Captain Britain & Meggan

Married, with Brian ruling over the Omniverse as of the Excalbiur Limited Series.

>Wolfsbane

Last seen [by me, anyway] in Claremont's "Dream's End2 saga, working on Muir Isle with Moira.

>Multiple Man

X-Corps member, last featured in New X-Men #128-130.

>Strong Guy

Space, being a roadie-cum-bouncer on Lila Cheney's intergalactic tour. He was revived by Jamie, but got fed up when he found out about Havok and the demise of 'his' X-Factor. Briefly returned for a diabolicial Halloween special in Ultd. X-Men 21 or 22...

>Havok

Currently comatose in Uncanny X-Men, at Xavier's after being blown up on a plane in X-Factor #149 and shunted into a parallel universe for the Mutant X series [not to be confused with the TV show].

>Bishop

Currently part of the team in X-Treme X-Men. And Chris is welcome to him...

>Maggott

Last seen in Generation X #49...

>Marrow

A member of the Weapon X team tracking down Sabretooth in the crap book of the same name.

>Has Colossus stayed true to his word and remained dead?

Yep, though he's 'appeared' in 2 issues of Unlimited - one seemingly set before his death, and the other featuring Kitty doing a ceremony for the anniversary of his death - it's the one I mention above... if need be, I can dig up the issue and give an exact #...

>Is Apocalypse officially currently dead? What are his chances of >coming back?

Yeh, I think he was exorcised when Cable & Jean seerated him from Cyclops... His chances aren't any worse than, say, Magneto, but currently Morrison and Austen are largely chucking out the old-school bad guys, so I doubt he'll be back while either are writing the books...

>Did the real X-Force ever get their book back from those turbo->revvin' young punks?

Nope. But since X-Force #115, Sam and Tabby have turned up in the piece of ****, Sam & Siryn have been members of X-Corps [in NXM #128-130], as have James and Feral [NXM #132, IIRC], Domino's been in New X-Men 2001 and somehow Cable's solo series, renamed X-Soldier, still won't die...

>Do the AOA Horsemen Abyss and Holocaust have original->timeline counterparts?

Not that I know of....

>Why does Jean no longer have telekinetic powers?

She does... for reasons best known to Claremont, he switced Jean and Betsy's powers, but since then Morrison has been giving Jean Phoenix-esque powers...

>Where are Artie and Leech, the greatest characters to appear in >the marvel Universe, or any universe, EVER.

Shipped off somewhere by Emma with Penance. Honestly.

EDIT: Shakes fist at Josh ;)

PS Isn't Uncanny really rocking at the mo? I wanna change my s/n to Northstar...
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Unbelievable, the X-Men universe expands by 3 new titles per day. There's just no keeping up anymore, what happened to the days of just one X-Book?

When I saw X-Statix in Wizard, I was hoping against hope that the new punks had moved to a new book, giving Sam and the gang their old pages again. I read the first few issues with the new team, but I don't think I can handle a team that loses members on a monthly basis.

First Piotr, now Moira, my favorite characters are dropping like flies! :( You leave the books for a year or two, and look what happens...

Rahne was always one of my favorites, shame to toss her into limbo...

I just thought up a few more questions. Is the Exiles book still running? It had an interesting premise, and anything with Blink and Morph is pure gold, but the romance between Clarice and Mimic was far too cliche.

Where's Thunderbird and/or Cecilia Reyes?

Quicky- I can't imagine Norhstar ever doing anything to be anywhere as near as cool as Quicksilver, the hardest bastard that ever lived.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, Northstar's actually got a role in a book, something Pietro hasn't really had since his solo series got cancelled... Jean-Paul's currently in Uncanny X-Men, and gets to take the piss out of everyone - not remembering Juggernaut's name, calling Logan overweight, giving Worthington a hard time and calling Husk disgusting. And I don't think there are any more books than before, they just replace them... Quesada streamlined the franchise in about 2001, chopping X-Man, Gen X, Hidden Years, Bishop and Gambit, though they've been replaced by Weapon X, Icons, Exiles and X-Treme...

I think Exiles is still chugging away, though I haven't picked it up since about #17...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Am I wrong or did they also killed Psylocke? Bastards.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Ozz
Am I wrong or did they also killed Psylocke? Bastards.

Although I didn't and never will read the ****, it happened in Xtreme X-Men. So you have Claremont to blaim for killing Psylocke...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I got a question.

What's up with Toad, recently?

Is he still a stupid lackey who can only jump around, whine and create goo in his hands or has he become more like his movie/WB cartoon counterpart and been given a 12 foot tongue?

For some reason I always liked Toad when I was a kid. Don't ask.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Quicksilver

I think Exiles is still chugging away, though I haven't picked it up since about #17...

it is...they just got rid of the one character i did like in the book...

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

Blink
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I have a question WHere is Havoc? And did anybody else enjoy Mutant X?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Toad underwent a Claremont-induced total body-and-personality change in Chris' quasi-movie adaptation, "Dream's End". I believe it was explained in the slightly later "X-Men Forever" mini.
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon

Havoc's in Uncanny X-Men. And yes, it rocked.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I've come to the conclusion it's quite impossible to be a casual fan of this series...everyone dies or gets sucked into alternate universes waaaaay too often.

Psylocke should live.
And Cyclops should die.

That is all.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Of course, it helps to have extensive knowledge of the Marvel universe or you miss a lot, which is probably why it didn't do better. Only missing issue #12 at this point...

I'd enjoy having Psylocke back, but only as her original psychic-only self. None of this ninja warrior ****. And am I the only one who doesn't mind Cyclops? Yeesh...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

He rocks in "Eve of Destruction". I don't mind him, he's not a favourite, but he cops a lot of unfair stick, most of which I'm convinced comes from having to play straight man to kiddie fave Wolverine in the cartoon and movie...
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Strong Guy is returning to X-Treme in this year as a member of L.A. X-corps with Sunspot and other members.
Havok has awakened from his coma.
Toad is in Genosha.
Mystique is going to work as an undercover agent for Xavier and Forge is going to make gadgets for Mystique.
Leech is used by a Director who has a mutant camp and he's going to destroy every mutant who's not going to join his program and Maggott died there and Cecilia Reyes appeared there,so there might be a chance she might be a goner.

Extra characters info:
Cable,Domino and Meltdown and some other mutants are going to appear in the Weapon X comic as a group called Underground.
Cannonball is supposed to return in X-Treme.
Jubilee is going to make one appearence this year in Uncanny.
Dani Moonstar,Wolfsbane,Magma and Karma are back in New Mutants as teachers.
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Mutant X kicked serious ass!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by BlueBlaster
Strong Guy is returning to X-Treme in this year as a member of L.A. X-corps with Sunspot and other members.
Havok has awakened from his coma.
Toad is in Genosha.
Mystique is going to work as an undercover agent for Xavier and Forge is going to make gadgets for Mystique.
Leech is used by a Director who has a mutant camp and he's going to destroy every mutant who's not going to join his program and Maggott died there and Cecilia Reyes appeared there,so there might be a chance she might be a goner.

Extra characters info:
Cable,Domino and Meltdown and some other mutants are going to appear in the Weapon X comic as a group called Underground.
Cannonball is supposed to return in X-Treme.
Jubilee is going to make one appearence this year in Uncanny.
Dani Moonstar,Wolfsbane,Magma and Karma are back in New Mutants as teachers.

Thanks for the info, BB. So a new New Mutants book is coming out? And Rahne's in it? And Strong Guy's back on Earth? Cool. :cool:

I've a new question, referring to events in Uncanny #412. Is Black Tom Cassidy dead? Is Cassidy Keep destroyed? If so, what happened to all the little people?

And X-Corps? ¿Qué es?
Leader-1
Protoform

Spoiler city

Post by Leader-1 »

Spiolers

After Miora died, Banshee became depressed, and during that time , he formed a more millitaristic version of the X-Men called X-Corps. it was made up of former villians, Gen. X members, and other minor X-Characters. While the Uncanny team was visiting, the X-Corps gain new members in Fever-Pitch and Abyss, the later of which was being tested when Mystique, whom had infiltratred X-Corps as a mutant named Shock killed sunfire's sister Sunpyre, while Abyss watched and most o the villians tried to destroy Paris. Nightcrawler and chamber nearly died due to a bomb in the X-jet. Mish- mash that with info in other posts and you have the iner pionts. Oh and Artie and leech are te worst Characters ever.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Re: Spoiler city

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Leader-1
Oh and Artie and leech are te worst Characters ever.

And who could be better? Wolverine?
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

Originally posted by Redstreak
I've come to the conclusion it's quite impossible to be a casual fan of this series...everyone dies or gets sucked into alternate universes waaaaay too often.
I am coming to the realization that I'm a mere psuedo-casual fan and have been so out of the loop that I don't recognize a bunch of names you guys have mentioned. Aside from casually reading some of the comics as a kid, watching the Fox series in the '90s, collecting some of the comic graphic novel sets, reading the books and seeing the movie, I'm kinda clueless. Last novels I read was probably the X-Men/Spiderman Time's Arrow Trilogy. It's like when I stopped reading Star Wars books and WTF? Chewbacca's dead and Luke married Mara Jade?

Anyway Piotr, Moira and Psylocke are gone? :( Thanks for the update. It's been an education guys.....