Cheap Import DVDs

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Cheap Import DVDs

Post by Alpha Trion »

At discountanimedvd.com they have many import dvds at dirt cheap prices. They're all region-free, and have english and chinese subtitles. Why are these so cheap? Is the picture quality bad? Is the translation weak? Basically what I want to know is, should I bother buying them or pay twice as much for discs put out by American companies?
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

I've read somewhere that all the sites that have anime suspiciously cheap carry bootleg versions. So if you want to reward the makers for doing fine anime, don't buy there. Bit if that doesn't trouble you the least, go ahead.
Thanks D!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Well I'm either going to download anime and burn it, or buy insanely cheap DVDs, so at least this way somebody gets my money. I can't afford to pay the $30 per disc most American companies want.
Ingraman
Protoform

Post by Ingraman »

Region free usually means HK bootleg. Most of the time, these "bootlegs" are professionally packaged and copied. But they're bootlegs nonetheless. Usually, if they sell a whole 30+ episode anime series compressed onto 4 discs, it's usually bootleg.
AHH!!!
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
so at least this way somebody gets my money.
Yeah, the thieves.

But as I said, it's not my problem. Follow your financial situation.