Head masters

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
jeroen_typhoon
Protoform

Head masters

Post by jeroen_typhoon »

are they made in a limited edition? because i vind them hard to get
_-=warning!!! Bad English Noob=-_
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Not that I know of, although there are some Japanese exclusive ones wich are a pain to locate.

If you're looking to buy some try this link and do a search for the names such as Chromedome, Hardhead, Skullcruncher, etc.

http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/l ... index.html

Hope this helps
join me on myspace!!!! http://www.myspace.com/jezzy_bravo

if you get chance check out my eBay auctions...... http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjezzy_bravoQQhtZ-1
Denyer

Mmmm...

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Mirage
there are some Japanese exclusive ones wich are a pain to locate.
...try "next to frickin' impossible!"

The ones which you rarely ever see (and then only at stupid prices) are the Headmaster partners which were sold separately from the Headmaster toys. The reason for this is that in the Japanese cartoons, the Headmaster was the head, and the bodies just "battle armour".
jeroen_typhoon
Protoform

Post by jeroen_typhoon »

sorry i now know where to look, there hiding in the bush;)

i found some across the word (canada, america and england)
_-=warning!!! Bad English Noob=-_
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

They are a bit rarer in the US, because they came near the end of the line, so not as many waves of them were produced.

Luckily, more people are willing to part with them, so they are fairly common on ebay. I really have to get Brave Max before he goes up too much more. He's all ready at the point where he's half the price of the original. If he ever gets reissued, I'm definitely getting him.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Most of the Headmasters' high pricing [usually on the aforementioned 1987 ones (the big ones)] is due to the fact that the heads got lost so easily. It's a well known fact that a Scorponok body ain't worth $#!t because you'll have to fork out $40 for Zarak... The Japanese exclusives, which I believe only apply to the '88 line [not counting Fort Max, released in Japan with a big sword], Minerva, Go-Shuta [spelling varies] and Cab [or, if you run a certain aesthetics-heavy site Minerva, Siren and Hosehead, because Siren looked exactly the same as Go-Shuta, and had exactly the same type of relationship with his headmaster, oh yes he did], and those three Destron ones, aren't really any rarer than any other Japanese exclusive, and when you can find 'em, won't set you back much more than their US counterparts losse [say $50 as opposed to $30]...
*Predaking*
Protoform

Post by *Predaking* »

I find most Headmasters to be rather expensive, that is if you want it 100% complete with tech and booklet. A headless Headmaster is cheap so you have to decide what you really want. I think the heads are interchangeable so get yourself one head and swap it around. ;)
"I'm the best there is, the best there was and
the best there ever will be"
Bret “Hitman" Hart