Evangelion Movies

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Almagnus1
Protoform

Evangelion Movies

Post by Almagnus1 »

From what research I've done (which happens to be very little) I was wondering how Death, Rebirth, and End of Evangelion tie in with the series and if anyone could give a brief synopsis of these three movies. (or if two of them happens to be the same, tell me)
Jim

Post by Jim »

Death and Rebirth is a summary of epsiodes 1-24 with a little bit of the new ending (IIRC). End of Evangelion takes bits of episode 25 and goes into a new direction from episode 26. Basically, this is the new ending that the Japanese fans cry'd out for. Its REALLY REALLY good. :) Manga has the rights to both movies, and are taking their SWEET @$$ time getting it out on DVD.
Almagnus1
Protoform

Post by Almagnus1 »

Ok. That doesn't make sense about Manga having the rights to the movies since AD Vision published the Eva eps on DVD (in the US at least). Oh well, any idea on when the movies will be coming out?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Almagnus1
Ok. That doesn't make sense about Manga having the rights to the movies since AD Vision published the Eva eps on DVD (in the US at least). Oh well, any idea on when the movies will be coming out?

TV series and Movies are two separate liceneses. ADV went for the TV series, while Manga went for the Movies. The Release dates are June for D&R and July for End of Evangelion, IIRC.