Unadulterated HATE part 1: HASBRO

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Unadulterated HATE part 1: HASBRO

Post by Nevermore »

Blatantly stolen from an idea Hooks started over at the Allspark a few months ago.

This thread is about all the things you HATE about Hasbro. No excuses. No defending. Just post everything you detest about Hasbro in here, be it garish Universe recolors, abysmal distribution or homages that always have the wrong names on their packaging.

For the Hasbro lovers, there is a separate thread here, so make sure you only post the negative stuff in this one.

Next up: Takara. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

I hate the fact that Hasbro's distribution sucks in NZ. Mind you we are seeing more transformers here than some of continental Europe if what you tell me is correct.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I f*cking hate the fact that Hasbro does not distribute all the merchandise from one line to most European countries.

I hate the fact that Hasbro made Universe, full of old and rare moulds, exclusive to America.

I hate the fact that they made Nemesis Prime an exclusive.

I hate the fact that they make exclusives all the time, and for the cool characters as well, because that means we'll never get them.

I hate the fact that I have to pay the incompetent European Hasbro branches 20-25% more for products.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I hate the fact that Hasbro will never again fork out the money to produce something as creative as Beast Wars ever again.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

The only thing I really hate about hasbro is their distribution. I have only seen grimlock and swoop once.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

I hate that they don't specifically market and design their toys to my sensibilities and whims.
Archklown
Protoform

Post by Archklown »

I hate thier distribute department or whatever part of the distributing that makes some toys overflowing and the toys that i preview the Low Shipped/Low Produced/Not cared about toy that i want NOT AVAIBLE:o
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Distribution system.

--

We should make a poll after a while. Then send it to Hasbro ;-)
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The fact they have to go and make all the reissues "safe". So I can no longer laugh as a small child impales themselves on Prime's smokestacks, or is crushed to death by Fort max...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Distribution-most notably the fact that I live in the state right above theirs and people in Nebraska can find a figure before I can.

Shortpacking figures and releasing them in a single wave. They claim these are "filler," but they always seem to be the ones that everyone wants. Why not release the crap figures that hardly anyone wants that way? I'm sure that no one, who was willing to kill for Dark Scorponok would miss the 36 Jetfires that are still on the shelves, or the 2500 crumplezones, thundercrackers and dirt bosses, for that matter . . .

During the first wave of ROTS figures, they released red royal guards only in some areas and blue ones only in other areas. I guess they shipped the other color in the later waves because I finally found the blue one.

Announcing that there would be an additional 12 ROTS figures to be revealed at comicon to get everyone's hopes up, only to unveil 12 repaints. Yes, they were all repaints. Now, I don't mind repaints at all, but if you tell me that you're going to be releasing 12 new figures, it makes me think that you're going to have at least 6 new molds . . . biggest letdown of the year.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

- I hate the sad joke they call "distribution" on the European market. You think a case consisting of Alternators Prowl, Decepticharge, Wheeljack and Swindle is bad? Try a case with NOTHING but Armada SCAVENGERS in it.

- I hate their often confusing instructions which tend to leave out the most important steps.

- I hate the glossy photoshopped crap they sometimes use for their stock footage, which doesn't even remotely look like the actual product (Cybertron Leobreaker?). Or is hilariously mistransformed (Alternators Meister anyone?). Or both.

- I hate the fact that their customer support is usually the last to get relevant information ("Alternators Tracks will be yellow."). Or forgets to actually answer the question between all the "Thank you for contacting Hasbro Inc. Thank you again for your interest in Hasbro Inc." bootkissing.

- I hate that they often sacrifice paint applications for cost reasons (unpainted Cyber Keys anyone?).

- I hate the poor quality control (Cybertron Ransack's misassembled rear wheel hinges? Energon Storm Jet's misassembled knees? Universe Ultra Magnus' misassembled arms?). Do the toys really HAVE to be "Made in China"?

- I hate Cybertron Thundercracker. Really. Why? Just why?

- I hate Cybertron Overhaul's arms. Gaaah. Did they use Pat Lee's poses as their inspiration?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I hate...

...that they gave Dreamwave the rights to do Transfomer comic.

...the poor distubutaion of the toys.

... that KB Toys still gets exclusives.

...the price of joining the offical TF Fanclub.

...the losing copyrights and/or trademarks to certain names.

...that the tech specs for Armada and Engeron toys were just stats.

...filler waves.

...Hasbro buying out Kenner, Tonka, Parker Bros, Milton Bradley,
Wizards of the Coast, Playskool, Nerf, and Tomy. That sort of worries me.

...all the stupid editions of Monopoly that put they've out over the years.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Not fond of the low quality, crap molds that seem to ship in every first wave and then take up space until the line goes on clearance.

I also worry about their pricepoints. As far as their big three boys toys go, Star Wars is the only one priced similar to other action figures. Transformers have always been a little on the pricey side, but now GI Joe Sigma Six has that line coming in at a $15 minimum.
Clay

Post by Clay »

This is probably aimed more towards Takara's designs, but I really don't like the "New Optimus of the year and all of his combining buddies!" gimmick to sell toys.

I also think the toys are, for the most part, made too big. In Energon, for example, there's no reason that all of the deluxes (and some of the megas) couldn't have been made the same size as the basics. This would cut down on retail prices and encourage more "impulse buying" a lot more than a ginormous $40 Optimus.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I don't like how they made the G1 reissues "safe" for retards. I don't like how they made them Toys r Us exclusives. And I don't like how they let them be priced at around $30 bucks a piece. I can buy a Takara reissue for nearly that much, morons.

Though it was before they acquired Kenner, I dispised how the Real Ghostbusters line didn't contain a SINGLE villain from the cartoon series save for Mr. Stay-Puft. We didn't get a Samhaine toy until the Extreme Ghostbusters line, and he wasn't even IN that cartoon!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
GI Joe Sigma Six has that line coming in at a $15 minimum.

Speaking of things I hate, replacing the nice 3 1/2 line with ugly, disproportionate figures. That's forgiveable with transformers, but not for a line that's supposed to be real people . . .
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't know what crack you're inhaling, but Sigma 6 rocks. They took the articulation and style of Xevoz and put it towards GI Joes. Even the packaging is hardcore since it turns into an ammo case to hold all the accessories. The only downside is the higher price and lack of badguys.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I have to say my biggest let down is the stoppage of the reissues. Someone try to tell me if Hasbro went with better known or rare charecters and released some of the better Tarkara reissues *Galvy, Star Convoy and Predaking* and placed an age on the package to possibly get over the drop testing and such they wouldn't sell.

Also, screw TRU bring them out at major retailers and make the price points realistic. *As in Preds at say 80 for the set, but Galvy for 30-40 and have smaller reissues at 20.*.

Cancelling the Universe Seacons, I wanted those damnit!

Their distrubution issues of course.

Thats about it. Oh Six Sigma is a love had thing, as Auros said their are alot of spiffy features but I just don't care for the size of those figures.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Disterbutions.....The fact i have to order E-Shockblast from the net cause of it....the fact we only got the middle parts for Supirion-Constructicon maximus....The fact i have to import all the alternators cause none ever came here, the fact Transformers died in the 90's in Israel cause no one bothers to buy the tv shows or make commertials or anything to spark some publicity intrest. The fact there is a Hasbro store that doesn't support any comstumers out of the US, The no reissues thung in here,ever, and i think thats enough.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Nevermore's right, after distribution problems, the worst thing about Hasbro is that they haven't been able to print competent instructions for some time now.