Don't do THIS, ya MOOKS!!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Pun-3X

Don't do THIS, ya MOOKS!!!

Post by Pun-3X »

This was posted at another board I visit by a friend of mine:

1993- Fans: "I wish they would bring Transformers back on the air, as long as they transform I want to see it."

Beast Wars airs.

Fans: "What the hell is this? This isn't Transformers, it's animals... Okay, it's not so bad."

Response: "You asked for Transformers."

Fans: "We want Cybertron and vehicles."

Beast Machines airs.

Fans: "Why is Cybertorn organic? There are still animals! Beast Wars was TONS better!"

Response: "There are vehicles and it's on Cybertron, that's what you wanted."

Fans: "We want only vehicles, no animals. Make it they way it was with G1."

Robots in Disguise airs

Fans: "Optimus isn't a fire truck, he's a semi! There are still animals. This isn't the same Earth. Its anime, anime sucks! Make it cel animation. Why do they have the names of the G1 characters but look different? This sucks."

Response: "There are more vehicles then animals, does it realy matter that the characters are different?"

Fans: "Yes we want it the way it was with G1, we want the toys to be like bricks and the cartoon to be cel animation."

Armada is about to air.

Fans: "These toys look like garbage, why are they bricks?"

Response: "YOU WANTED BRICKS!!!!!!!"

Fans: "The RID toys looked cool."

Response: "Look there are no more animals, Optimus is a semi truck, you have Starscream back-"

Fans: "This isn't like G1, we want a direct connection with G1. Hasbro owes us as dedicated fans of the show."

Response: "Hasbro owes you!? They give you hundreds of hours of entertainment, you dedicate yourselves to Transformers, Hasbro is giving you new Transformers, what the hell do you people want?"

Fans: "They should do exactly what we say."

Response: "Screw you, we try to provide you with what you love and all you can do is criticize us. We don't see any other 80's cartoon franchise still airing. After Armada is done were going to be done with Transformers forever, and you will only have yourselves to thank."

Fans: "But, but... we love you please don't go."
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

this is about the twentieth time ive seen this posted.

no offense of course
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I honestly don't think the fans are all that bad, an hasbro isn't 100% innocent either.

I liked Beast Wars an bought almost every toy made, i'm lacking 2 simply cause i couldn't find them. Beast Machines was kinda so so but same deal there i'm only missin 1 or 2 toys. Now that they've passed i've kinda forgotten about the shows some, but don't really feel slighted, although Beast Machines by far was the lesser. RiD i love an worship, my only major qualms are they scrapped the Japanese music, an they didn't put out Fort Max in the US, that was a plain bone head move. Armada, i have high hopes for it, but i got a feeling it won't satisfy me like RiD did, but i'll love it an buy the toys religiously none the less. I don't mail hasbro ever saying i want this or that, i simply watch what they put out an buy the toys an if i'm not thrilled w/it (which was the case w/Beast Machines) i simply wait out it. Right now the current fad for anything cartoonwise is to have a major change either every season or ever few yrs, so if a show sux it'll die soon enough an be replaced w/something better. I don't think either side is totaly in the right, hasbro wants money and some fans are diehard G1 an want nothing but that, but i'd be willing to say most ppl are like me an stay content or relatively content w/whats on at the moment. An as successful as RiD was i'd wager Hasbro won't be pullin Transformers NEtime soon :D
Sades

This is where I stand...

Post by Sades »

I like G1, I like BW, I'm absolutely in love with the RiD toys (the show itself, well... it's alright...), I'll never forgive them for Beast Machines, that was just wrong..., Armada I'm taking a "wait and see" type of approach, as I did with RiD (though I gotta admit, I like the look of the toys...)...

Like Ulticron said, not all fans are that bad... but it's usually the bad ones that you hear the most about...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I think the Armada toys look great I will be buying the entire first wave when it comes out. Hasbro may upset me at times, but I will still worship them and buy every toy they put out with the name "Transformers" on it.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by saysadie
Like Ulticron said, not all fans are that bad... but it's usually the bad ones that you hear the most about...
Yeah, good thing our quaint little community here doesn't have anyone like that...
*shoots PaladinPrime a mean look*
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The problem is that the ones who are disgruntled shout louder... after all, if you're happy, you've hardly got reason for vehemence... nooo, if you're content, you sit back....

It's worse on the newsgroups mind... which reminds me, I've got marshmallows to be frying...
Denyer

Wasn't this...

Post by Denyer »

...originally written by Orion Pax at TransFans?

I like some of everything so far, anyway... still mainly early G1, though.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Reflector
*shoots PaladinPrime a mean look*
*Shoots an even meaner look back*

All right, you brought me in, and here I am.

1. I want Fort Max; they aren't going to release him. I wanted him more than any other toy in that line, and now it looks like I'll never have the chance to own him. That's my major beef with Hasbro.

2. I said that the Armada toys were hideous based on the picture, but most of the time, I gave a disclaimer, stating that I'd have to see the actual figure before final judgement was passed.

3.EDIT: Just saw better pictures from Denyer's post. The minicons in that picture don't look like stick figures. What a relief. My bad.

4. I appreciate stuff that they put out, but I only ask that they release all of the major characters, and not do a half-a$$ed job, and exclude certain characters. I wonder if they would have even released RID Scourge, if people didn't request him. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

5. I realize that there will be no return to G1. It would take too much background work.

Are my demands financially straining? Maybe. Are they unreasonable? No.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I'm also one of the many that will say bluntly that Hasbro is not at all perfect. But with all the "we want this" and "we want that" going on, it seemed to fit.

BW was great, RiD is great toywise, BM didn't work for me (except for some BW Neo reissues and Spystreak) and I'm still waiting on Armada.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

I"m yet to complain to hasbro thank you very much :p
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Originally posted by Pun-3X

I'm also one of the many that will say bluntly that Hasbro is not at all perfect. But with all the "we want this" and "we want that" going on, it seemed to fit.

I won't lie, i have complained about some of the things hasbro done. But i've only complained here, and to my friends that i see from time to time that like Transformers. Ocasionally we do need a place to let off our steam an vent how disgruntled we are about certain things.
Garand

Post by Garand »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
but I will still worship them and buy every toy they put out with the name "Transformers" on it.
*cough*animorphs *cough*
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Garand took the words out of my mouth, I was about to post that.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Menasaur
Protoform

Post by Menasaur »

I think Hasbro has done an ok job so far. Personally, I think the whole beat wars-beats machine thing was lame, but that's just me. With the release of the RID line, however, I was won back to collecting TF's. There have never been better TF's as far as transformation goes than with this line. They are possable, they look incredible, and are just plain awesome! Well, with the exception of the spychangers. I'm not sure about Armada, personally, I think the toys look like crap, but until I get my hands on one, I am not making a final judgement. I think Hasbro is doing a decent job overall, but they should still rerelease the original line! (Wouldn't we all love to see that???)
Quickswitch6

Post by Quickswitch6 »

I love all my Transformers. I love ALL Transformers. It's the concept and the quality of the toys, not whether their animals or jets. I guess it's what makes you happy....
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Is this topic not exactly what I was saying in general awhile back? See! I'm not the only one who thinks transformers fan should just stop complaining.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I would, but then that would lead to complacency. Besides, why should I pretend to be happy when the one TF that I never thought I'd get could have possibly been within my reach, and looked almost certain, but is then yanked away by fate because it would not be profitable.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
yanked away by fate because it would not be profitable.
Spot the internal logic in this sentence.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

It's called balance, and for the most part i think it's met. PaladinPrime has a point. We need ppl like him to complain to Hasbro, cause if we didn't GodCron only knows we'd probably be in season 6 of Animorphs Transformers and that's a just plain garbage idea. However if every single one of us or 50% or better complained to Hasbro then they would probably shut down the whole thing to never run it again. I don't think a true 50/50 balance w/the fans an Hasbro will ever bet met, but we're not totaly losing. Yeah they shafted us an bad w/no Fort Max, but at least we got away from that rancid Beast machines. RiD was lovely an Armada loox promising, so the best way to look at it is like this. We may have lost a really cool action figure, but we've gained 2 cool shows, and the new comic book series.

[EDIT] To comment on what you said Denyer. If Hasbro is in so poor shape that one toy is gonna bankrupt them then Beast Machines should have sent them to the toilet looooooooong ago. From an inside perspective big companies can EZly afford to lose some money here an there. Wal-Mart does some of the most utterly retarded things like taking back 2 yr old phones jes to kiss a customers butt an keep them happy so they'll keep comin bak to our store. An trust me BS like this is done on a BIG scale and on a daily basis, and it really doesn't effect the company much.