Tell me if anyone has strange happenings with TFs

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

about 2-3 years ago I had a G1 swoop in bad condition (robot face was missing, 1 leg was busted off...extensive chrome wear.. typical swoop conditions being as fragile as he is). I assumed there would be nothing done with him and I threw him away. Then literally a few days later I was reading a forum and someone asked Hasbro Reps why the Dinobots havent seen any reissues and they stated that the molds were damaged extensively beyond repair and that there are to be no reissues ever... well shortly after that I walked into a comic shop and found the other 4 dinobots with all weapons (even swoops) and 3 missles. I traded a MP Megatron and 50.00 and happily took them home where I have them still...but while rummaging through a box of manuals I have and I found G2 Slag and Grimlock Instructions (I never owned these figures)...I was like WTF?! and this all took place in the course of a month...

When Classics started up I also decided that seeing as I have no majority of any one series I would focus on finding all The main cast from the newly created "g1 redone"...I found all the figures I could and then Easter 2007 came along and I had 400.00 (which I spent) and then a few days later I saw the Botcon figure previews on the site and the other 3 seekers were shown...the set was for 345 USD and I was kicking myself... I was like damnit all! whyd the have to do that! Also my GF at the time told me that "I wasnt going to spend that much money on stupid toys"... and so I figured Id find a set that was being sold off... Then I saw that the set were sold out and going for astronomical prices. I was kicking myself AGAIN... Fortunately, I was able to find someone who went to the convention and sold me his set (the one I have now) for $650 USD. I paid him half to hold on it and then with my grandmas passing I was left an inheritance. I paid this off and now have this set...which was about June. I tend to come across alot of strange happenings with stuff I buy and How I aquired figures I was looking for.
Shield Strike
Protoform

Post by Shield Strike »

That was a bit of a mission to get through, lots of text!;)

I've never really had any strange happenings when it comes to buying TF's. The fun starts when they get here.

I think the best one was my movie Bonecrusher saving classics Megatron (deluxe tank thingy) after that minor earthquake the West Midlands has a while back. They both fell over and Bonecusher "grabbed" Megs' leg. Somehow they both stayed on the shelf with Megs dangling off and Bonecrusher holding on to him.

My activators Bumblebee is a bit sensitive so randomly Transforms himself. And thats about it to be honest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

LMAO oh bonecrusher...you will be missed (seeing as he died in the movie)
and as for bumblebee...maybe all the excitement of being in alt mode excites him to "jump" into action... kinda like a kid on christmas morning
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I've had TFs fall off shelves at random.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

my 74´Camaro Bumblebee has a quite triggerhappy spring in his hood. Normally he stays put after i apply for a few seconds during transformation.

But sometimes when i place him down he either stays closed or one of the mentioned things will happen. I wish i could remove the annoying faulty spring in that toy. :mad:
  • He releases the hood down after a few seconds forcing me to fix it.
  • Responds easily to pressure to sudden sharp movement his surroundings besides pressing the button on his hood. Like if he rolls into something if i close him in a drawer.
My Cybertron defense scattershot cyberkey weapons are mean to me, they sometimes wont close without big pressures. Like he´s alive and wants to shoot something. :eyebrow: :wtf:
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

The right arm cannon of my Primus keeps popping forward everytime I look at him/Pose him.

The cannnon of my animated-Megs would rather fly away itself instead of sticking with his owner, and Nightwach Op's toes are foldeed in every time I look at him again...
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

When I had first opened my TF Death Star/Vader, I had him set up in Vader mode on my desk. I was at a meeting one night and my wife was home with the kids. I got a call that something was breathing in the office and terrifying my family. Turns out the trigger for the breathing noise was half pushed in so was super sensitive. The floors of our house wiggle with the slightest movement, so when people or cats walked in particular areas, it was enough movement to bump the button and trigger the sound. He's now on a sturdy shelf with all buttons properly aligned. :)
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

Notabot wrote:When I had first opened my TF Death Star/Vader, I had him set up in Vader mode on my desk. I was at a meeting one night and my wife was home with the kids. I got a call that something was breathing in the office and terrifying my family. Turns out the trigger for the breathing noise was half pushed in so was super sensitive. The floors of our house wiggle with the slightest movement, so when people or cats walked in particular areas, it was enough movement to bump the button and trigger the sound. He's now on a sturdy shelf with all buttons properly aligned. :)
"Dont... push my button..." *hoooooo.. heeeeeeee.. hooooooo.. heeeeeeee..* Im still looking for one of those...
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

Just remove the batteries.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

You're not the boss of me!
(But yes, that's been done.)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Notabot wrote:When I had first opened my TF Death Star/Vader, I had him set up in Vader mode on my desk. I was at a meeting one night and my wife was home with the kids. I got a call that something was breathing in the office and terrifying my family. Turns out the trigger for the breathing noise was half pushed in so was super sensitive. The floors of our house wiggle with the slightest movement, so when people or cats walked in particular areas, it was enough movement to bump the button and trigger the sound. He's now on a sturdy shelf with all buttons properly aligned. :)
You could have plead ignorance so as to use this toy's ability at random...
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Currently all my movie figures are packed away. A couple of nights ago my cat was chasing a moth in my room when he jumped and hit the box, and Leader Class Brawls cannon and missile sounds activated from within. I don't think I've ever seen him run so fast...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Burnout wrote:"Dont... push my button..." *hoooooo.. heeeeeeee.. hooooooo.. heeeeeeee..* Im still looking for one of those...
$29.99 at Hasbrotoyshop.com.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:Currently all my movie figures are packed away. A couple of nights ago my cat was chasing a moth in my room when he jumped and hit the box, and Leader Class Brawls cannon and missile sounds activated from within. I don't think I've ever seen him run so fast...
I hit my cat point blank with Universe Storm Cloud's machine gun noise.

Never seen the thing go so fast...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

Notabot wrote:$29.99 at Hasbrotoyshop.com.

after all this time? i could have easily grabbed on but I never knew they were still up...last I saw them TRU sold out the next day :(
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Whenever a Transformer appears at my mailbox, my Paypal budget goes down... I'm not sure how that happens. ;)
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

my parents also wanted to get me a birthday present so they asked if there was anything in particular... I said I wanted an Animated Leader Megatron. They came back later and gave me Animated Blitzwing and said they got it because Megatron was sold out...(I think it was cause they didnt want to pay $63.00 for him) unbeknownst to them, it was just as good cause I was also looking for Blitzwing as well.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Walmart wouldn't sell me the Revenge of the Fallen Robot Heroes set with Optimus Prime dual-wielding armswords last week. I guess they weren't supposed to stock it yet. Kind of crazy that even action figures have "unbreakable" street dates nowadays.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Not many strange things happened to me. Well, 'cept these:

I've bought Autovolt and Jolt. Neither one's feet will ever flip out, without breaking my fingernails (the pain i'm worried about, not the looks!).

I lost many figures a while back, and over a year later i find them dumped in a garbage bag in my house.

And i managed to fling Animated swoop's mace right into my own forehead, though that's more stupid than strange.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Armada Unicron would always have his chest pop open, like some deranged alien chestburster. I eventually had to scotch tape his chest shut, but even then it'd pop open and hit someone or something square in the face. the weirdest happening was my mom's dogs somehow got to the box where my Tigerhawk was kept and they chewed it up. nothing was hardly left cept for a few pieces, oooo was I made from that for awhile.. and now they go for almost double the price and i am still not too happy. oh well, ce la vie.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines