Characters you hope show up in Tf: Prime

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Thrillseeker01

Characters you hope show up in Tf: Prime

Post by Thrillseeker01 »

Who would you want to show up in Tf: Prime? I would like to see Shockwave, a few of Soundwave's minions like Laserbeak and Ravage, and maybe Thundercracker. We need more 'Cons! '(o)'Thrillseeker01
Terome

Post by Terome »

I'd like to see more new characters for the Decepticons - the usual list of Big Names are too leadery or overblown to gel with the current cast. I'd like a chatty Ravage, but he wouldn't do anything that Soundwave couldn't do unless they change him up a bit.

There are rumours of a Barricade in upcoming episodes, yes?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Smokescreen. As a Vegas card shark.

Sniperceptor.

And, in a cross-continuity series finale, Movie Prime. "We all kill them all... RAAAARGH YOU DIE!!!!!!".
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Cliffjumper wrote: And, in a cross-continuity series finale, Movie Prime. "We all kill them all... RAAAARGH YOU DIE!!!!!!".
I actually laughed at that. Good show.

As for who I want to show up? I'd love to see Swindle and Brawl make appearances. The 'cons need more military hardware, and I've always been a fan of the two of them. I think they'd make a nice paring, plus it leaves open the possibility of the rest of the Combatacons showing up. More of the Seekers would be a plus too. Troops more loyal to Starscream then Megatron. Maybe Lugnut to give the Decepticons another flying tough as nails thug to replace Skyquake.

For Autobots, giving them Gears and Huffer, together, would make for an amazing comedy duo, even if only for an episode or two.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mmm, official stuff's never really done the Combaticons properly... While I know the G1 personalities of Blast Off and Swindle are funny and all*, I'd love to see them done as a super-organised military unit. Onslaught especially has vast unmined potential (well, aside from in Graham Thomson's excellent fanfics).

* = though TBH I think he's often taken too far...
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

The Stunticons would be a nice sight even though we already have Breakdown.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Mmm, official stuff's never really done the Combaticons properly... While I know the G1 personalities of Blast Off and Swindle are funny and all*, I'd love to see them done as a super-organised military unit. Onslaught especially has vast unmined potential (well, aside from in Graham Thomson's excellent fanfics).

* = though TBH I think he's often taken too far...
I know you hated Animated, but I don't think Swindle will ever get as much attention as he did in that.
I would like to see Unicron in the last few episodes.
If Beast Wars has taught us anything, it is that Unicron as an event is best used as something that happened, rather than something that is going to.
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Well something of him would be nice instead of just mentions with the Dark Energon.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

ScreamerFan wrote:I would like to see Unicron in the last few episodes.
One of the things about Prime I like is how different it is from every other series I've seen. Bringing in Unicron, while fitting for the Transformers Metaverse, would bring nothing good to Prime at this time. Maybe if they go bigger in scope, perhaps, but I rather like the idea of him as a looming, distant threat from the past rather then take an active role.
Thrillseeker01

Post by Thrillseeker01 »

It would also be cool to see more of the Wreckers or Prowl.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Well, if Transformers: Exodus truly is "official" (which I highly doubt...since it already contradicts both TF: War for Cybertron and TF: Prime...which in turn contradict each other) then Unicron is already "dead". And Dark Energon is essentially his remnants.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Anything that features Unicron as dead gets the full weight of my degree in Canonocity Scienticianism behind it.
Grayfox
Protoform

Post by Grayfox »

SPOILER! (select to read)
I don't think it wasn't posted here yet, but apparently Unicron is gonna show up...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX8NZd2q ... r_embedded
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, cheers for the fuc-king spoiler.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Mirage.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Elita One and Chromia (at least) for the Autobots, Nightbird and Slipstream for the "Cons.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'd like something fresh, rather than mining the same old reheated g1 archetypes again and again. Or at least do a lot more of what Animated did and put a new spin on things. Prime thus far has felt far too derivative of other TF sources to convince me.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Skyquake87 wrote:Or at least do a lot more of what Animated did and put a new spin on things.
I'm all for new spins, but not so much when said spin is "everyone's a wisecracking twat with a funny voice". I'm just enjoying watching a show where I don't want the entire cast to die of radiation poisoning, Threads-style. I mean, every now and then the Autobots just shut the **** up, which is a blessed relief compared to 22 minutes of relentless sub-Dexter's Laboratory quips.

Those who did like the shit-on-toast "On Earth we call this keepaway!" going-to-get-good-any-season-now Hey-an-injoke-this-must-be-good spastickery of Animated might want to check out GI Joe Renegades, which is exactly the same show. "Hey, I'm Tunnel Rat, I'm kinda AZN you can tell by my voice, here's a stupid joke".
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

:p

I will hold my hand up and say that YES! I liked Animated because it was lively and witty and FUN. And for five minutes, injected a bit of life into the franchise.

I've found Prime too much the sum of its parts - character deisgns lifted from animated and crossed with the Movie aesthetic, elements of story telling borrowed from G1/ Beast Wars/LAMs and a reliance on the familiar. It has massive potential - indeed I was really enjoying Prime's version of Starscream right up unitl they turned him into his geewun lick spittle toady -too afraid of Megatron's raw power to make good on his far more senisble designs for the Decepticons. Bah. It's like they're trying to do something similar to Batman: The Animated Series but its had too many fingers in the pie and feels very much like its been designed by committee, rather than having a strong show runner to do something a bit more interesting than the same old same old.

I also find the human cast beyond Jack utterly redundant. Miko is horrific, Raff doesn't add much and I'm not really sure why he's there and Agent Fowler needs more to do than just being a convenient plot development when required.

I will also take Animated's excitable Bumblebee over one that sounds like a fax machine farting anyday.

So there!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Skyquake87 wrote:It has massive potential - indeed I was really enjoying Prime's version of Starscream right up unitl they turned him into his geewun lick spittle toady -too afraid of Megatron's raw power to make good on his far more senisble designs for the Decepticons. Bah.
This I disagree with. Starscream had to bow to Megatron while the big guy was around. This version of Megatron is a dangerous psychotic that's actually got some brains to go along with the power and the crazy. He is perfectly willing to take Starscream and execute him. If not for an interruption Starscream would be a smear across a cavern wall right now, even with the sucking up he did. Why? Because he was going behind Megatron's back and working out his own plans for the Decepticons and got busted.

Starscream has plans. He's willing to do what it takes to get them seen through. He tried to murder Megatron and almost succeed if not for Soundwave. He bows to Megatron while working out the best way to remove him. G1 Starscream was an annoying, bumbling idot whiner with a screechy voice who couldn't really make any serious plans if you paid him to.

Plus consider that Starscream is no longer a Decepticon and he's not an Autobot. He took off after that whole "I'm going to off you gang land style" thing with Megatron and he's doing...something. G1 Starscream wouldn't have the chrome plated balls to go it alone like that.