[Original RPG] Take a hint on playing the game...

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Galvatron91

Take a hint on playing the game...

Post by Galvatron91 »

Battles...read the rules people! Constant dodging of attacks is pretty much powerposting, thus it violates the rules. If you are unsure as to what makes a good battle, Starscreamsghost and I put on a clinic last week on how to do...WE BOTH TOOK A BEATING AND HIS CHARACTER DIED!!! Why did his character die? Its the ending we worked out. From this point on any character who doesn't voluntarily take hits in battle, won't be given a choice. The damage you take is at your discretion...but need I remind you that even Galvatron and Prime take damage! Your characters are not gods, much as you may think they are.

Thank you...
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Here, here.

Please be aware that the rules have been revised and updated, please take the additions and edits into account.

The rules can be viewed here
Karrnage
Protoform

Post by Karrnage »

I just want to throw in that shrugging off every hit is just as bad as dodging them all. Maybe worse. Even Endurance 10+ has a limit.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I agree with this completely. Especially about the 10+ bit, this doesn't give you an excuse to go *Ping!* "Hahaha!" and be done with it.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

THANK YOU, LORD! Thank you, Galvy, for standing up and pointing out what had become painfully obvious to me...this battle of like 40 Autobots against about 9 Decepticons who have no discernable personalities/powers of any kind was gonna take FOREVER! Can't we just get Grand Max to nuke 'em all? I damn pulled out of the thread because it's gotten so boring and ridiculous...go ahead, blow up Ironhide and the crew, see if I care...

And yes, if any of y'all wanna see how it's done, refer to the Galvatron-Whitespeed battle between G91 and myself. Yeah, Whitespeed died, big whup, wanna fight about it? He died a hero, it added to the storyline, and he ALMOST brought Galvatron with him. And Galvatron showed how truly powerful he is. That's interesting. What's going on on Cybertron right now...ain't...

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 11-27-2001).]
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

I agree with all of the responses above.

The Galvatron-Whitespeed battle was interesting and well done. I can only hope that the battles my characters have participated in have been half as well thought out.

In regards to the Cybertron thread, with the inherent arrival of Galvatron and his troops, that might even things up a bit.

Then again, I could be wrong.

[This message has been edited by Quick Switch (edited 11-27-2001).]
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hmm not to be a total jerk here, but there are alot more than just 9 Decepticons in the battle.
Lets see who's in it.
Cryhavoc, G2 Megs, Timespliter, The 7 Crashticons, The 6 Aerialcons, Darklark, Stealth, Hatemunger, Deathsuarus, Skystalker and the 6 members of Liokaiser, (Whom I will have to make and NPG or do something but I work with that and others at a later time.) Oh and now Weirdwolk, Skullcruncher and Quake (well Quake was) entered the battle.
So that's 30 according to my count. I will say it honestly I am tried of the whining, if you want to do something be cool like Pun did and PM me about an idea (honestly I like how Pun plans battles Image ). I am not an ass to work with though one other thing I don't like how nobody reads posts. Autobots, mystically enter starships that are right below them, but if they read the starship was flying around the battlefield.
So my last point is read the bloody posts, I know I have goofed up and missed some posts, *Ex Darklark ignoring Jetfire* and that was my bad, but now I read the posts and react. So now if all the whining is over could we please try to enjoy ourselves?
I've said what I want to say and I'am happy, so to all a good day and like I said if you want to plan a cool battle just tell me Image
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost:
That's interesting. What's going on on Cybertron right now...ain't...
"I'll say it again. You told Brant on the phone, he told me..."
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Oh...one more thing...

Read the rules.

ok several more things...

when you are posting, break up your posts don't just type them in one long block or people won't read them...hell even I don't sometimes! use bold type to get people's attention. Seperate your talking from your actions...hitting the return button won't hurt you, nor will quotation marks...new paragraphs are your friend.

See how that works? If you are thinking, use italics to distinguish that this is what you are doing. And it doesn't hurt to lead in your post with such stunning phrases as:

"meanwhile, near iacon so and so character prepared to once again attempt to stick his won head into his own arse."

yes i am a little annoyed right now...is it showing?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Yeah, Galv, your annoyance is showing.

And I agree with everything you said. I tried to start reading the Cybertron threads but I couldn't take the non-spaced outness of most of the posts. They look like a bigass paragraph and make almost no sense, to me atleast.

I see the same problem in other forums too. People don't know how to use the enter or return key. Its not a hard concept, even I figured it out.

Edit: And about the battle thing. Back when the Cons were initially asaulting Autobot City, Reflector and I had a battle between two gestalts we have. We planned out the confrontation in advance and even worked together on joint posts to save space and get things done quickly. For somewhat early on in the RPG, that battle can probably be considered a good example of how a battle probably should go. But what do I know, I'm just an insane guy with no time

[This message has been edited by Unicron (edited 11-28-2001).]